Why this Democrat thinks Biden must resign — before the midterms

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Any other democrats think Biden ought to resign?

https://nypost.com/2022/07/31/a-democrat-thinks-biden-should-resign-before-the-midterms/

On March 9, 2020, Joe Biden — then the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee — described himself as “a bridge” to a new generation of Democratic leaders who are “the future of this country.”

As we approach the halfway point in President Biden’s first term, it’s clear the time has come for him to embrace his place in history as a transitional president and resign gracefully.

Biden faces record-low approval ratings, an impending red-wave midterm election, renewed concerns about his physical health and cognitive fitness, a failed domestic agenda with no path forward and glaring foreign-policy mistakes. If Republicans capture Congress, he’ll also face questions he can’t answer on his involvement in his son Hunter’s lucrative foreign business.

As a loyal Democrat, I don’t intend to criticize the character or integrity of Biden — for whom I voted on 2012’s ticket — and I recognize his presidency has had a few successes. His administration deserves credit for the rapid distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, which helped pull the country out of the pandemic’s worst days. Biden also signed two bipartisan reforms into law: a significant investment in America’s infrastructure and an unprecedented gun-safety bill.

But Biden hasn’t done what he was elected to do: heal America after years of polarization and division. That healing process failed in large measure because of his team’s inability to pursue an inclusive agenda.