ADVERTISEMENT

Why not use the NFL model, or similar?

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
When I hear people whining about using conference champs as automatic bids, saying,"Oooh, but what if Northwestern had won yesterday? They'd be in with 4 losses!"

Who gives a f@kk? Teams change. They grow. They get hot and cold. They regress. Teams with bad records can win single games. This is not about finding the best team, it is about finding the team which can win one game, regardless.

The alternative is this eyetest horseshit that gets OSU in over us in 16, just so OSU can be clubbed like baby seals by Clem.

Bottom line is Pitt and NW didn’t win and it will be a rare exception when that happens. Eight teams with conference winners would have worked very well since it started

Reactions: jennjeffjoe
When I hear people whining about using conference champs as automatic bids, saying,"Oooh, but what if Northwestern had won yesterday? They'd be in with 4 losses!"

Who gives a f@kk? Teams change. They grow. They get hot and cold. They regress. Teams with bad records can win single games. This is not about finding the best team, it is about finding the team which can win one game, regardless.

The alternative is this eyetest horseshit that gets OSU in over us in 16, just so OSU can be clubbed like baby seals by Clem.

College Football is about rewarding teams for an entire body of work, which is different than all other sports who reward teams that win. You never hear ‘eye test’ or other arbitrary nonsense in sports where winning matters. Then consider some conferences play eight games, and some teams aren’t in a conference at all. UCF will never be in the CFP. It’s a joke.

College Football is about rewarding teams for an entire body of work, which is different than all other sports who reward teams that win. You never hear ‘eye test’ or other arbitrary nonsense in sports where winning matters. Then consider some conferences play eight games, and some teams aren’t in a conference at all. UCF will never be in the CFP. It’s a joke.
The very idea of "body of work," in a competitive sport, makes me laugh. Perhaps they should stop keeping score, and let judges decide. The Olympic figure skating model comes to mind.

Anything that makes college football more like the pros is a bad idea. The NFL regular season sucks.

And the only thing worse than the NFL is the "body of work eyetest."

You can lose half your games and still make the playoffs. I personally don’t like that. There are no devastating losses (like Ohio state to Purdue) or huge upsets. Oh don’t get me started. Can’t we leave college football alone?

I don't agree at all- in the NFL every game counts, and they play their way in or out. There are no "style points" no "voters", no bullshit- just win or lose- you know, like a real sport.

Reactions: PSU87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT