ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

If journalism were driving, Mineo would be ignoring traffic lights, stop signs, and pedestrians, totaling car after car and climbing into a brand new one after each crash (which by this point are innumerable), and pretending that each car is his first.
TL;DR version: Mineo would be a Congressman right after happy hour.

Probably smart of Suriano if he's trying to play PSU and tOSU off each other, I don't know what's being offered in the way of scholarship money. But if Suriano is considering PSU in part to take advantage of the RTC, PSU has a big leg up there. Of course, the NLWC also has Gilman at 57kg, so maybe Suriano views that direct competition as a negative. But if he wants to improve his FS approach, he won't do better than Cody, and Gilman is proof of that. Gilman's style was similar to Suriano before getting here, too reliant on defense and one takedown, but that approach has a ceiling, as Suriano has already found out. If Suriano wants to improve he needs to open himself up more and trust that he'll win scrambles, like Gilman's done.
Negotiating scholarship funding in the middle of the fall semester when funds have already been allocated for the academic year has to be similar to negotiating a share of a twenty dollar bill.
Not sure what Ohio State has to offer Nick that would be perceived as a serious upgrade. I mean OSU has the "we don't play school" model for their student-athletes.
Want to maximize your odds of winning a national championship, PSU or OSU. It isn't even a close consideration.
Want to have the best "game planners" in your corner? Again PSU.

I can see old man Suranio wanting to consider OSU, especially if OSU has $14.72 more to offer in academic aid.

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
I have to imagine the NIL benefits of being on PSU would outweigh whatever additional scholarship money tOSU might be able to provide.

Reactions: diggerpup
Beau isn't weak, that's been long established. I just don't think he has the frame or length to be fully effective at 149. We're in great hands at 141 after Nick leaves next year though (especially since Eierman vacates the weight with him) I see a 4 year title contender there with Beau.
I think his preferred weight is 141 also. That said, can he be successful at 149 this year, while allowing the true FR SVN to redshirt? Then next year drop back down to 141?

Reactions: crockster
Let's not forget that SVN was in the NLWC room in January. It's not like he just got to campus.
True enough. Still, a true freshman nonetheless. An amazing talent, to be sure. My real guess is we see Barraclough at 149 until January and then all bets are off!

WE ARE!!!

Dogwelder and Wino where there too??
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT