Why is Biden now less popular than Trump? He's earned it.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
I am going out on a limb here and guessing you have no idea why the electoral college was created. Don’t even bother responding. We already know you are clueless.
No he doesn’t because God forbid Oklahoma matters. Ask him to recount how the US Constitution was developed and formed. He will start talking about Blacks being counted as 3/5th but will not discuss that the Constitution saved the Republic and caused the civil war which freed slaves

Reactions: bourbon n blues

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
No he doesn’t because God forbid Oklahoma matters. Ask him to recount how the US Constitution was developed and formed. He will start talking about Blacks being counted as 3/5th but will not discuss that the Constitution saved the Republic and caused the civil war which freed slaves
Of course Oklahoma matters but the people of Oklahoma don't matter more than the people of New York.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
No I think people should be treated the same no matter where they live.
Just because someone lives in Montana shouldn't mean their vote counts more.
It is a ridiculous system that was set up to defend slavery.
No it was set up to defend rural America against large city America. The founding fathers much better then you or me understood, hence King George, understood central power

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
No it was set up to defend rural America against large city America. The founding fathers much better then you or me understood, hence King George, understood central power
James Madison is considered the father of thr constitution.
During the debates he said although having the president elected by popular vote would be ideal, the slave states would never agree to it.
And seeing he represented a slave state, he probably knows more about the subject than you do.
As for protecting rural interests, that's ridiculous. It has nothing to do with protecting rural voters because state boundaries are not drawn to represent rural voters.
Take Hawaii and Rhode Island.
Most of their population lives in cities and yet they are small states.
State boundaries are also Neely easily moved and they are certainly not moved to protect the interests of rural voters.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
Once again you miss the point and the allocation Oklahoma has what 5 elector votes and NY 30? See the difference. It is a proportional measurement. Based upon what we are a representative republic.
The electoral college does a poor job of representing the people.
I agree with Madison, electing the president by popular vote is the best way to do it.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
I agree with Madison, electing the president by popular vote is the best way to do it.
How? It directly reflects the population? Hence the reason we do a census. And please stop bringing up slavery. That ship sailed. And once again what does RI or Hawaii have to do with the demographics of South Dakota?

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
How? It directly reflects the population? Hence the reason we do a census. And please stop bringing up slavery. That ship sailed. And once again what does RI or Hawaii have to do with the demographics of South Dakota?
Because you said the EC was set up to defend rural voters.
Hawaii and RI contradict your assertion. Hawaii and RI, because they are small states, their citizens have more weight to their votes than most people in the country.
And how about rural voters in states like California and New York
There is probably more rural voters in these states than there are in Montana.
How does the EC protect them.
In reality, rural voters in big states get screwed over more than anyone.
Their votes are essentially meaningless when it comes to presidential elections.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Because you said the EC was set up to defend rural voters.
Hawaii and RI contradict your assertion. Hawaii and RI, because they are small states, their citizens have more weight to their votes than most people in the country.
And how about rural voters in states like California and New York
There is probably more rural voters in these states than there are in Montana.
How does the EC protect them.
In reality, rural voters in big states get screwed over more than anyone.
Their votes are essentially meaningless when it comes to presidential elections.
You are correct rural votes in NY are probability meaningless but what does that have to do with a rural state? The founding fathers better then you and me understood the power of centralized population. The power of London was not foreign to them. You just hate the EC because in the case of another type of Trump victory would send you south for another 4 years.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016

Wonder if he is the dump's VP how long it will take for the inevitable falling out. With his past history of pushing out anyone whom doesn't fit HIS reality show......His presidency was a drama show about people whom couldn't get along with him . Like 50 million of them whom were not his family. As most dictators (wanna be in trump's case ) do they surround themselves with family ......check that box. Yes Bill and Hillary totally fuked america by trying to be husband and wife presidents. Bush family same same. My pops was a reagan republican whom couldn't vote for little appointed prince george w. Good for him . Navigated me thru BS politics . Dynasties .

Our roads are in shambles. Try driving across the US ? I have, wearing a few different hats ( driving a crazy CDL A +++load )...............

Are ya for less government spending and worse roads ? I'm sorta small town , I can deal, but I wonder why in the 'greatest' country on earth, we can't figure that out. Less taxes equal better roads ? Tax breaks 2.7 trillion to the uppers of the world is the best way to fix that interstate....? Pardon me while I cough .

Buy stock in auto suspension parts .........if you can get them .

trump did NOTHING with roads . If he was so cool he would have . Let me drive on smooth blacktop , or better yet concrete and you WILL get my vote. Whether you like, or are scared of gays .....transsexuals has no matter . I just am tired of hitting potholes . Dems said they wanted that . It won't happen , gop obstruction.

They are not working for us , or The USA

If we don't stop fighting ourselves we may as well just throw the US down the toilet. It takes work from both sides . Wanna be extreme : say good bye to America .

Last edited:

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021

Wonder if he is the dump's VP how long it will take for the inevitable falling out. As most dictators (wanna be in trump's case ) do they surround themselves with family ......check that box. Yes Bill and Hillary totally fuked america by trying to be husband and wife presidents. Bush family same same. My pops was a reagan republican whom couldn't vote for little appointed prince george w. Dynasties .

Our roads are in shambles. Try driving across the US ? I have, wearing a few different hats ( driving a crazy CDL A +++load )...............

If we don't stop fighting ourselves we may as well just throw the US down the toilet. It takes work from both sides . Wanna be extreme : say good bye to America .
I want the America that the constitution promises.

That means we have to go far, far to the right.

Federal government back to its original intent, with primary responsibility to the "states themselves or to the people".

Liberals cannot agree with that, so if your premise is correct, America will have to break apart.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Trump stands for nothing and no one except himself.
He doesn't care about the country, thr constitution or the American people.
He only cares about himself.
The sooner you Trumpers realize this the better off the country will be.

No Jeff. His results for the American people are facts. Your emotional response to his results are meaningless. It's like a child throwing a tantrum at the supermarket. This is your existence Jeff... Throwing a tantrum while people watch. I, for one, am thoroughly entertained.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020

Wonder if he is the dump's VP how long it will take for the inevitable falling out. As most dictators (wanna be in trump's case ) do they surround themselves with family ......check that box. Yes Bill and Hillary totally fuked america by trying to be husband and wife presidents. Bush family same same. My pops was a reagan republican whom couldn't vote for little appointed prince george w. Dynasties .

Wait I think what happened between 1861 - 65 was a little more of a threat to the Republic. Just spit balling here. Orange man with mean tweets I don’t think so but keep believing.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
We got Biden because you dipshits elected the moron trump. I just hope we can move on from him or it will get worse , way worse. But hey that's 'murica these daze : flush your toilet and they become your president.

We did get Biden because America elected Trump. We also got AOC and the squad. We also got "wokeness".... Might be the best thing to ever happen to the GOP.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I am certainly against the electoral college and I think presidents should be elected by straight popular vote.
But it should be done legally.
See the constitution is not perfect and there are legal ways to change it.
Unlike Trump who tried to subvert the constitution by having Pence decertify the election and have the state legislatures pick the president.
Under any interpretation of the constitution, that is completely illegal and unconstitutional.

That is precisely why you are a horrible American.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

It does a great job of representing the people. ALL of the people. I can't believe you are so ignorant of American history.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Wait I think what happened between 1861 - 65 was a little more of a threat to the Republic. Just spit balling here. Orange man with mean tweets I don’t think so but keep believing.

We did get Biden because America elected Trump. We also got AOC and the squad. We also got "wokeness".... Might be the best thing to ever happen to the GOP.
But not for America

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
People who cannot earn their own way should not vote.

People working for the gubmint should not vote.

Those who depend upon the gubmint for their livelihood should not have a say in how it functions because they’re so clearly conflicted.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
But not for America
Define America young Stalin? You don’t think the civil war was a greater threat to the Republic? Please tell me you do not have an education beyond kindergarten. If you have a PSU degree and believe that the civil war wasn’t the greatest threat to the Republic you are an idiot. Please don’t responded if you believe that. Just stay really really stupid.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
That is 'YOUR' version, I might even go so far as to say your very own special version...TFBaum. I have no appetite for a 'man' like trump. Honestly , I am fully amazed at christians as one of his biggest voting bases . NEVER will support him for POTUS as proudly I have said many times. I have also said the dems are horrifically inept. The problem is simple : that they throw sticks and stones and fight in the media so much , the LAST thing we are is the united states .

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
That is 'YOUR' version, I might even go so far as to say your very own special version...TFBaum. I have no appetite for a 'man' like trump. Honestly , I am fully amazed at christians as one of his biggest voting bases . NEVER will support him for POTUS as proudly I have said many times. I have also said the dems are horrifically inept. The problem is simple : that they throw sticks and stones and fight in the media so much , the LAST thing we are is the united states .
What? My own special version? I am now assuming you are joking. Seriously bring out the laugh emoji.

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
I want the America that the constitution promises.

That means we have to go far, far to the right.

Federal government back to its original intent, with primary responsibility to the "states themselves or to the people".

Liberals cannot agree with that, so if your premise is correct, America will have to break apart.
Lineal thinkers ...................gasp

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
I cannot wait to heard the response to the civil war was less a threat then the Orange man. Should be interesting
Embrace division for a purpose you defend but have not enlightened me to. To think you have a penultimate observance of history from 300 years ago amazes even me . Wow you must be really really old?

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Still thinking the civil war was less than a threat to the Republic then the Orange man.

Did I ever even come close to saying that ? Hmm TDS backwards ? You must be smoking some of my weed :)

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Embrace division for a purpose you defend but have not enlightened me to. To think you have a penultimate observance of history from 300 years ago amazes even me . Wow you must be really really old?
Wait you are drinking 300 years ago? 2022 - 1861? I was a math physics major so I not getting the same number line simple math. And no I don’t nor have I ever smoked pot but you referring to it makes sense.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
It does a great job of representing the people. ALL of the people. I can't believe you are so ignorant of American history.
Not even close. Only a moron believes minority rule is somehow representing the people.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
People who cannot earn their own way should not vote.

People working for the gubmint should not vote.

Those who depend upon the gubmint for their livelihood should not have a say in how it functions because they’re so clearly conflicted.
That's absolutely ridiculous. Moronic actually. For example your proposal would disenfranchise everyone who serves in the military, or receives a military pension.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
No Jeff. His results for the American people are facts. Your emotional response to his results are meaningless. It's like a child throwing a tantrum at the supermarket. This is your existence Jeff... Throwing a tantrum while people watch. I, for one, am thoroughly entertained.
Facts are he was a horrible president. Probably the worst in history.
He had negative job growth, the trade and budget deficits increased.
Oh, and our trade deficit with China increased under Trump even before the pandemic.