ADVERTISEMENT

Why in the f*ck would you go into the ocean, on a surfboard, & look like a floating seal to a shark

and I stand by that. This is on that operator not the shark. He should not have dangled that persons bare foot in the water like that. Of course the shark came up and bit it!!!! thought it was a fish. They were basically kite fishing with some guys foot!!! theres a reason I am covered head to toe with no skin showing when I dive with sharks. I prefer that dont confuse my angle or wrist or hand for a fish. They go after the contrast.

You might want to read your article again. No where in it does it reference colors other than sharks being color blind. Color blind does not mean that they can't tell that black and white are very different.

I already read it once.

No need to read it again.

I only posted it because it provided information for us/we to read on this board.

Did I imply anything else? I don't think so.

You might want to go rewrite/redo/edit your response sir.

Thank you!

:)

These vespers I have seen floating off in certain trees, usually pretty high, and with the invasion of all those goophy red blue and black ones that apparently slime the crops, they are waging there own war on Total cereal, they should be eaten by the hooties and beez of the season. Anyway, these vespers were being late fall season aggressive banging around towards the outside lights. With a big cup a water and a little soap and a little bit a shoe polish U can take one down with a sladpsh brother, I reckon. Just dont bury em in that theyah Indian burial grahnd.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
With all of the work you have put into this thread, I think you should save some of your more interesting posts. Very nice knowing you here.

to clarify some of this. it really depends where and what you are doing. A bull shark and a white shark are two totally different sharks and hunt completely different. A floating surfer will look like a seal to a white shark, a sea turtle to a tiger and nothing of interest to a bull shark. a bare foot or dangling hand will look like something of interest to a bull. A moving surfer will almost look like a bait ball from underneath to any shark. Bright shiny bracelets will attract almost anything especially cuda while chilling just off the beach. My point is you are in their environment and as such need to be conscience of that and have situational awareness to what you are doing and what can be and is around you. I just spend day at guadalupe island again with white sharks and not once did I see a white just come from the deep and hit the bait. they inspected it 2 or 3 and sometimes even more before making a run at it. I sure its the same with a surfer but unfortunately when they finally decide to test bite, human skin is ZERO match for a sharks teeth.

to clarify some of this. it really depends where and what you are doing. A bull shark and a white shark are two totally different sharks and hunt completely different. A floating surfer will look like a seal to a white shark, a sea turtle to a tiger and nothing of interest to a bull shark. a bare foot or dangling hand will look like something of interest to a bull. A moving surfer will almost look like a bait ball from underneath to any shark. Bright shiny bracelets will attract almost anything especially cuda while chilling just off the beach. My point is you are in their environment and as such need to be conscience of that and have situational awareness to what you are doing and what can be and is around you. I just spend day at guadalupe island again with white sharks and not once did I see a white just come from the deep and hit the bait. they inspected it 2 or 3 and sometimes even more before making a run at it. I sure its the same with a surfer but unfortunately when they finally decide to test bite, human skin is ZERO match for a sharks teeth.

Must have been one helluva test bite!

Reactions: joeaubie21
Kinda like if/when the shark is hungry or not?
If you're in his feeding zone at the wrong times and places they're hungry. I made enough dumb mistakes before I became an experienced diver and snorkeler. Even used to swim into bait balls before an old timer told me I was a jackass.

• Wow
If you're in his feeding zone at the wrong times and places they're hungry. I made enough dumb mistakes before I became an experienced diver and snorkeler. Even used to swim into bait balls before an old timer told me I was a jackass.

No, you're just more of a daredevil than a normal person!

Merry Christmas my friend!

Reactions: joeaubie21
No, you're just more of a daredevil than a normal person!

Merry Christmas my friend!
Merry Christmas as well. There's an old sailors saying, "When you go into the water, everything for miles around has you sized up for what you are".

Were they wary? Or was I just stupid?

below?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californ...-state-beach-surfer-killed-state-beach-closed

https://people.com/human-interest/surfer-killed-shark-attack-california-beach/

How F*cking stupid can you be??

Truely, the possibility of this happening was very real and the guy brought it upon himself.

Stupidity folks!

The boogie-boarder was wearing fins & a wet suit when attacked!

Gee, I wonder what the shark thought he was: looking up at him from the deep?

The picture shown explains it perfectly.

Don't be like this boogie-boarder.

Stay safe folks!

:)

Geebus, glov. How many times you gonna bump up this old and tired thread?
Let up on Glov, as long as he has 🦈, 🐻, and alligators 🐊 to keep him occupied he doesn’t foolishly dwell on any of those actresses that he’s convinced are pining for him.

Reactions: brupsu
Let up on Glov, as long as he has 🦈, 🐻, and alligators 🐊 to keep him occupied he doesn’t foolishly dwell on any of those actresses that he’s convinced are pining for him.

I'm telling ya Elizabeth told me she'd be baking cookies Christmas Eve with her Grandma!

She lied to me.

Just for that, I'm dumping her for Paulina Porizkova!!!

I don't think I'll miss her all that much!

Are you so bigoted that you object to sharks 🦈 swimming on public streets? As long as their not speeding or parking illegally what’s the problem? What’s next “No Sharks Allowed” signs at aquatic events?

TheGLOV’s gloves are probably made out of sharkskin! 😂

Are you so bigoted that you object to sharks 🦈 swimming on public streets? As long as their not speeding or parking illegally what’s the problem? What’s next “No Sharks Allowed” signs at aquatic events?

I did hear that ,.....that shark is hanging out at Long John Silver's for FISH & Chips! parking lot flooded of course!!

Reactions: Thomas1945
Awesome. Can a Sharknado be far behind? Aw Hell no!

images

Reactions: psu00
So this thread is so deep and long I couldn't get through it and I am sure this may have been covered but........

I lived oceanfront for 4 years of my life.

You have a significantly higher chance of getting eaten by a shark if you swim in the ocean often (like a couple times a week), specifically in areas that have elevated shark populations. Your odds come down to the lightning strike numbers if you are a person who doesn't live at the ocean and dips their toes in it 5 times for 15 minutes on that once a year vacation to the beach. Taking a daily swim at New Smyrna Beach is a lot different than swimming at Rehoboth Beach. Your odds are vastly different and vary based on how often you expose yourself to it.
Additionally, like most people, when there is lightning storm most people find shelter in their vehicle, home or building lowering their odds of being struck but for some dude who goes outside and stands in the middle of the storm every tie there is one, his odds are greatly increased to get struck by lightning.
The odds don't tell the story, often like statistics don't.

So this thread is so deep and long I couldn't get through it and I am sure this may have been covered but........

I lived oceanfront for 4 years of my life.

You have a significantly higher chance of getting eaten by a shark if you swim in the ocean often (like a couple times a week), specifically in areas that have elevated shark populations. Your odds come down to the lightning strike numbers if you are a person who doesn't live at the ocean and dips their toes in it 5 times for 15 minutes on that once a year vacation to the beach. Taking a daily swim at New Smyrna Beach is a lot different than swimming at Rehoboth Beach. Your odds are vastly different and vary based on how often you expose yourself to it.
Additionally, like most people, when there is lightning storm most people find shelter in their vehicle, home or building lowering their odds of being struck but for some dude who goes outside and stands in the middle of the storm every tie there is one, his odds are greatly increased to get struck by lightning.
The odds don't tell the story, often like statistics don't.

All perhaps very true BUT if you stay out of the water, when you look like a surface floating seal when a shark is hungry, you have ZERO chances of being attacked by a shark.

ADVERTISEMENT