ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

A documentary on Jim (Baron Von) Raschke being released, and will be available on streaming in mid-May. He had a pretty impressive high school and college (Nebraska and Army) career, and medaled at the 1963 Worlds in Greco (as an American, not psychotic German).

Willie's Big Board lists #77 Luke Cochran (Perry, UT) 184/197 as a PSU recruit. Do not recall hearing anything about him. A quick Google search indicates that he was committed to Air Force Academy at one point.

Willie's Big Board lists #77 Luke Cochran (Perry, UT) 184/197 as a PSU recruit. Do not recall hearing anything about him. A quick Google search indicates that he was committed to Air Force Academy at one point.
Walking on the Football team

No Kyle Snyder in the photo? Was he in the weight room? Or training elsewhere for Tokyo?
The club doesn't necessarily do literally everything together at the same time. Helen Maroulis isn't in the picture either.

@El-Jefe, are you branching out your business interests? ;)

Ha!

But no. If I ever opened a Mexican restaurant, it would not be another Chipotle/Qdoba knockoff. Real regional Mex (which could include street tacos but not "street tacos" sitting in a bin), or GTFO.

Also must serve alcohol (or at an absolute bare minimum, chef makes margaritas from BYOB tequila).

Also no giant "Boyle" sign in the window. Nothing quite says authentic Mexican quite like that.

Ha!

But no. If I ever opened a Mexican restaurant, it would not be another Chipotle/Qdoba knockoff. Real regional Mex (which could include street tacos but not "street tacos" sitting in a bin), or GTFO.

Also must serve alcohol (or at an absolute bare minimum, chef makes margaritas from BYOB tequila).

Also no giant "Boyle" sign in the window. Nothing quite says authentic Mexican quite like that.
The closest thing SC has to what you describe is this place:

Not bad—the weekend specials are particularly good: Mole, Pozole, etc.

That's getting closer. Pozole is a differentiator.

Assume "mole" meant mole negro. Love a good one ... that said, give me a Oaxacan place serving a half dozen different moles. If mole amarillo is on the menu, that's a good sign.

I miss good Mexican food.

That's getting closer. Pozole is a differentiator.

Assume "mole" meant mole negro. Love a good one ... that said, give me a Oaxacan place serving a half dozen different moles. If mole amarillo is on the menu, that's a good sign.

I miss good Mexican food.
Fort Worth was my first taste of close to the border mexican food. Loved the food almost as much as wrestling.

Fort Worth was my first taste of close to the border mexican food. Loved the food almost as much as wrestling.
Which place in Ft. Worth?

Back when I took a lot of business trips to DFW, ate quite a few meals at the Hurst outpost of a local chain called Abuelo's. At the time it was a decent representation of regional Mex ... though it's been a number of years so they've probably expanded beyond DFW and become more chain. But the snapper veracruzana was very good, and sadly is rarely found in PA menus.

A little OT but there was (maybe still is?) a place in the Greenville section of Dallas called -- and I am not making this up: New Big Wong Chinese Restaurant. They had handmade signs out front that said "Parking For Big Wong Customer Only." I've never eaten there, but may have posed in pictures with the signs.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Which place in Ft. Worth?

Back when I took a lot of business trips to DFW, ate quite a few meals at the Hurst outpost of a local chain called Abuelo's. At the time it was a decent representation of regional Mex ... though it's been a number of years so they've probably expanded beyond DFW and become more chain. But the snapper veracruzana was very good, and sadly is rarely found in PA menus.

A little OT but there was (maybe still is?) a place in the Greenville section of Dallas called -- and I am not making this up: New Big Wong Chinese Restaurant. They had handmade signs out front that said "Parking For Big Wong Customer Only." I've never eaten there, but may have posed in pictures with the signs.
The one I remember name of was uncle julios. The dipping butter was unheard of. I also really enjoyed the Mexican breakfasts. So damn tasty!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT