ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

The Iowa anecdotes from CStar and Brooks are great.

Basch needs to work on improving the natural flow of the show, though.
For someone who is not trained in communications/journalism he is doing great. Has passion for the sport, admits when he does not know something, does not act like an expert. Admits he is biased towards PSU but also has the ability to put that aside when interviewing non-PSU athletes. Also, he and Cenzo are starting to find a great balance as Basch knows to let Cenzo run with it when the talk is getting more technical. 2 Episodes show each others strengths, the one with Shane Sparks where Basch knows the questions to ask and has great back and forth and then the episode with JO where Cenzo is more of the leader as it is heavy with wrestling technique and tactics. It will likely never like Willie's show or FRL but I do not think they are going for that. They do not criticize wrestlers, put them down, etc and that is refreshing.

This. Now Charlize Theron discussing “woman scaping” - that’s a win.

Basch should go after “Eat Clean Bro” which was a hilarious (and totally locationally appropriate) ad running at Rutgers meets. I’m sure the company wouldn’t mind Cenzo and crew repping them

Charlize-Theron-Red-Dress-70254.gif

Reactions: diggerpup
The Iowa anecdotes from CStar and Brooks are great.

Basch needs to work on improving the natural flow of the show, though.
Listening to the Aaron Brooks interview on Rokfin now. Wow. What a great PSU representative. What an infectious smile and personality. Great stories about wrestling Nelson Brands and the Iowa corner's "actions". Cenzo added a fee as well. Very crazy stuff, and a 180 degree corner demeanor. Mr and Mrs Brooks ---> Awesome job you all!

Reactions: diggerpup
Who were the 4 morons voting no?
We need @CropDuster507 to translate the articles from Minnesotan into English ... but here goes in the meantime:

The vote appears to be by the state athletics board. Most of us would probably be thrilled by a 90% vote by the PIAA board.

Before the state vote, 9 of 16 regions had approved. One might ask why only 9 of 16, or if that were poorly worded in the article.

Minnesota requires super-majority. Boys volleyball was on the same ballot and fell 2 votes short.

OK my foodie bros--what makes an NJ jawn so much better? Is this all about the taylor ham/pork roll, or is there further Jersey. witchery? I'm sure I've had breakfast sandwiches in the garden state before, but none memorable enough for this level of devotion.

Around State College, the Lemont Cafe and Sower's Cafe do decent egg sandwiches, though neither are the classic, sloppy deli sort. I've yet to encounter any of those here. But Hall is in Philly now, so I've got to figure there are decent egg sandwiches there. Grand Terminal Market maybe?

Around State College, the Lemont Cafe and Sower's Cafe do decent egg sandwiches, though neither are the classic, sloppy deli sort. I've yet to encounter any of those here. But Hall is in Philly now, so I've got to figure there are decent egg sandwiches there. Grand Terminal Market maybe?
I actually really like McLannahan’s breakfast game too. Not the best ever, but better than most and cheap too.

OK my foodie bros--what makes an NJ jawn so much better? Is this all about the taylor ham/pork roll, or is there further Jersey. witchery? I'm sure I've had breakfast sandwiches in the garden state before, but none memorable enough for this level of devotion.

Oh, man. When in Jersey, I go out of my way to find a deli/bodega/corner store with a few guys in there speaking a different language, the owner standing over a hot griddle, cutting up with those guys, ready to make me a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, salt and pepper, on a hard roll, just the right amount of tasty grease dripping off.

And, for lunch, the best pastrami and Swiss on rye that I've ever had was from a food truck in an industrial area in Newark. Same description as above, but the guys speaking a different language are standing around outside the truck.

Reactions: dunkej01 and tikk10
Tikk, how has it been since you returned? Also Thanks for the Cafe tips.
Love it here. Obviously not getting the full experience, given the pandemic, but I far enjoy working from home here than NYC. I get back enough to where I can pick up a dozen bagels or so from Murray's, which is one of the things State College (and everywhere else) sorely lacks. I've also not had pizza here, for obvious reasons. At some point we'll have to go back to NY (less for my office needs than Ms. Tikk's), but at that point we'll rent this out to some discerning, non-savage weekend football fan, perhaps, assuming that person(s) exists, so won't be be completely gone.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Oh, man. When in Jersey, I go out of my way to find a deli/bodega/corner store with a few guys in there speaking a different language, the owner standing over a hot griddle, cutting up with those guys, ready to make me a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, salt and pepper, on a hard roll, just the right amount of tasty grease dripping off.

And, for lunch, the best pastrami and Swiss on rye that I've ever had was from a food truck in an industrial area in Newark. Same description as above, but the guys speaking a different language are standing around outside the truck.
and also @tikk10

So, the grease is the differentiator? Or maybe it’s butter? I definitely prefer a flattop griddle over a toaster and a microwave, but as a passionate lover of breakfast sandwiches and burritos, I’m trying to get to the bottom of this mastery.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
and also @tikk10

So, the grease is the differentiator? Or maybe it’s butter? I definitely prefer a flattop griddle over a toaster and a microwave, but as a passionate lover of breakfast sandwiches and burritos, I’m trying to get to the bottom of this mastery.
Yeah, I think both--the flattop griddle builds up its own greasy flavor, and so your egg sandwich is permeated by the history of everything else cooked on it that morning, even ingredients not in the sandwich (as if I'm describing wine--"I detect notes of hash browns..."); but also some guys will slather butter on the roll and put that on the griddle toward the end. I think that's overkill and unhealthy but it's never caused me to not finish one.

Yeah, I think both--the flattop griddle builds up its own greasy flavor, and so your egg sandwich is permeated by the history of everything else cooked on it that morning, even ingredients not in the sandwich (as if I'm describing wine--"I detect notes of hash browns..."); but also some guys will slather butter on the roll and put that on the griddle toward the end. I think that's overkill and unhealthy but it's never caused me to not finish one.
You're eating a greasy bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich and you're worried that some butter is unhealthy?;)

and also @tikk10

I think it's the grease and the bread and the butter and the people and the atmosphere. All of those things add up to an experience that makes the thing just taste better.

Love it here. Obviously not getting the full experience, given the pandemic, but I far enjoy working from home here than NYC. I get back enough to where I can pick up a dozen bagels or so from Murray's, which is one of the things State College (and everywhere else) sorely lacks. I've also not had pizza here, for obvious reasons. At some point we'll have to go back to NY (less for my office needs than Ms. Tikk's), but at that point we'll rent this out to some discerning, non-savage weekend football fan, perhaps, assuming that person(s) exists, so won't be be completely gone.
Good to hear things worked out.

I do miss seeing your Wrestling photos.

As to renting out your place, hold on for a while, Cael's basement may need an annex from time to time.

ADVERTISEMENT