ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Sanders never seem to get caught in the backfield?

dmdpsu

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2003
Unlike SB? Is his vision just better or is it because the D focuses on SB?

There isn’t a lot of data to go on but it seems he gets outside by design. MAybe they don’t want him in traffic with his fumbling issues of the past. It is hard to say with only a carry or 2 a game. However I would like to see Barkley used more like this.

Reactions: BBrown
Unlike SB? Is his vision just better or is it because the D focuses on SB?

IDK maybe because there weren't 3 RU players following him.
But thats just off the top of my head.
A better question would be. Geez how did Trace make all those nice runs and score that TD? Or how is that the TE is so wide open over the middle of the field?

IDK maybe because there weren't 3 RU players following him.
But thats just off the top of my head.
A better question would be. Geez how did Trace make all those nice runs and score that TD? Or how is that the TE is so wide open over the middle of the field?
Well there were no holes for Sanders either, but he seemed to instinctively take it to the outside right away instead of running into the clogged hole. Just an observation. Nothing to get angry over.

Well there were no holes for Sanders either, but he seemed to instinctively take it to the outside right away instead of running into the clogged hole. Just an observation. Nothing to get angry over.

Dear lord.....this actually made me laugh out loud.

Angry isn't the right word.

Dumbfounded....but not angry.

Why don't you call Franklin on Monday and submit your resume?
Thanks "Coach" . In case you didn't know, this is a conversation board. If you can't be civil, don't read.
I noticed there are no holes for Sanders either, but he runs differently. And yes you are angry by the tone of your responses.

Well in most instances the Jet sweep is intended to go outside.
I guess you are right on his other 2 carries.

Thanks "Coach" . In case you didn't know, this is a conversation board. If you can't be civil, don't read.
I noticed there are no holes for Sanders either, but he runs differently. And yes you are angry by the tone of your responses.

So.....one human runs differently than another human.

Got it.

So.....one human runs differently than another human.

Got it.
So you can't even fathom the notion that Sanders might have better vision or instincts when taking the handoff. Ok Thanks for being an ass instead of adding something insightful.

Reactions: JJTopp99
So you can't even fathom the notion that Sanders might have better vision or instincts when taking the handoff. Ok Thanks for being an ass instead of adding something insightful.
Sanders has demonstrated that ability to bounce it outside from the very first carry at PSU. It bodes well for the future, especially if the OL matures with him next year. Could be dynamite.

Reactions: JJTopp99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT