Why do those on the left so vehemently defend abortion?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Pro-abortionists seem to be in a bit of a pickle here. Legally, it seems that an unborn child counts if the mother is killed, but not when she kills it. That just doesn’t make any sense. How can we argue that an unborn child only has a right to life if the mother wants the child or if the mother is murdered?
Yep, I do not like the terms pro life or choice. We either are for or against abortion. I like that you used the pro abortion argument.
As a general rule I tend to see my values
It's not complicated and it has nothing to do with church. It is a Human life. Why?
1. Because life begins at fertilization.

2. It cannot be anything other than Human.
Same here, but I want to win. They always argue the exception, not the rule. I think the exceptions might be 1-2% of all abortions, most are just a convenience thing.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
That bill would have allowed someone to go to the delivery room at full term and right before giving birth decide to have an abortion instead.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Your argument is no different than the one I addressed in my prior post. I don't take issue with either of your conclusions. And it is not those conclusions that are complicated. You are using those conclusions to support your belief that that embryo or life deserves the same exact level of sanctity and rights as a living and breathing human being after they have left the womb. There's also nothing wrong with that belief. B ut that is wher e the complication lies and where many people and religions differ.
We don't need religion to examin e the issue. We follow the science. Life begins at fertilization. Therefore the life that is created is human...there is no genetic material that is not human. Beyond that it's an innocent Human life. To snuff that life out because you don't want to be inconvenienced is the pinnacle of abhorrent behavior.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
We don't need religion to examin e the issue. We follow the science. Life begins at fertilization. Therefore the life that is created is human...there is no genetic material that is not human. Beyond that it's an innocent Human life. To snuff that life out because you don't want to be inconvenienced is the pinnacle of abhorrent behavior.
Its really quite simple based on what I posted earlier, if the fetus(legally known as Unborn Child) is protected against murder, then there is no other way to say it. Abortion is MURDER. Period end of story. The fact no one brings this up in the argument is a little baffling.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Its really quite simple based on what I posted earlier, if the fetus(legally known as Unborn Child) is protected against murder, then there is no other way to say it. Abortion is MURDER. Period end of story. The fact no one brings this up in the argument is a little baffling.
I didn't bring it up because it's not a subject open to debate. When you voluntarily end the life of another no matter what your reasoning is, it is homocide if your intent is to end said life it is MURDER. Therefore abortion is murder. Why?

1. You chose to take a life
2. Your intent was to kill.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
I didn't bring it up because it's not a subject open to debate. When you voluntarily end the life of another no matter what your reasoning is, it is homocide if your intent is to end said life it is MURDER. Therefore abortion is murder. Why?

1. You chose to take a life
2. Your intent was to kill.
Right, I didn't mean you, I meant why people against abortion don't bring this up. My point was if I run a red light and crash into a pregnant woman and she loses the baby I'm charged with homicide. They either need to get rid of that law or admit what abortion really is.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Right, I didn't mean you, I meant why people against abortion don't bring this up. My point was if I run a red light and crash into a pregnant woman and she loses the baby I'm charged with homicide. They either need to get rid of that law or admit what abortion really is.
They dance around viability .