why did they stop?

junior1

May 29, 2001
According to some, The january 6 insurrection goal was to overturn the election results and stop certification of Biden as President........

So, why did they stop? They had breached the primarily line of defense were in the capitol, our elected officials, for the most part, were cowering under their desks, some of the leaders had left the building, and the only force capable of defending the house floor were a few capitol police. To the best of my knowledge, there were no reinforcements readily available to support those remaining capitol police.

As some have highlighted that the rioters had guns, why did they not use them ?

I don't know whether any of these questions have been asked by the commission or if they ever will be. But at first glance it does appear that this seditious conspiracy was really a half hearted effort as far as seditious conspiracies go.

I'm not defending actions of those involved. I'm just surprised that with all the allegations out there - armed rioters, military training, for example - that they just stopped! I wonder why?

Alphalion75

Oct 24, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
According to some, The january 6 insurrection goal was to overturn the election results and stop certification of Biden as President........

So, why did they stop? They had breached the primarily line of defense were in the capitol, our elected officials, for the most part, were cowering under their desks, some of the leaders had left the building, and the only force capable of defending the house floor were a few capitol police. To the best of my knowledge, there were no reinforcements readily available to support those remaining capitol police.

I don't know whether any of these questions have been asked by the commission or if they ever will be. But at first glance it does appear that this seditious conspiracy was really a half hearted effort as far as seditious conspiracies go.

I'm not defending actions of those involved. I'm just surprised that with all the allegations out there - armed rioters, military training, for example - that they just stopped! I wonder why?
Excellent questions.

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
It, it, it, it WAS AN INSURRECTION!!!!!!
yDmZMr9.jpg

Reactions: m.knox

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
The politicians they were looking for were evacuated by the time they breached the Capitol. Duh.

Reactions: maypole

junior1

May 29, 2001
They didn’t have weapons and guns is the correct answer. With all the nonsense these guys are charged with , the lack of bail, etc. do you think they’d ignore weapons charges? A much more serious crime than trespassing.
That's an interesting observation. But one of MS Hutchinson is bombshell revelations was that people at the rally had guns and that trump knew it. If they didn't have guns in the capitol, they must have dropped them on the way

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
That's an interesting observation. But one of MS Hutchinson is bombshell revelations was that people at the rally had guns and that trump knew it. If they didn't have guns in the capitol, they must have dropped them on the way
They need statements or testimony from the police who made the radio calls claiming so.

maypole

May 9, 2022

They couldn’t find Pence or Pelosi.
Plus trump concluded it was hopeless and finally got off his fat ass to call off his dogs.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

The reason they stopped was that it was an unorganized moderate riot and when Ashley Babbitt was killed they knew it was time to stop.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Nope, the ones with guns did enter the Capital. A very small percentage of the people there went into the building. Mostly a few weirdos and nutjobs along with some that just got emotional and carried away.

Latest posts