ADVERTISEMENT

Who's staying, who's leaving, and who's doing both?

Are you planning on staying here, going there, or doing both?

• Staying here and not On3

Votes: 49 52.1%
  • Just gonna do On3 at this point

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Now I got 2 forums to check

Votes: 41 43.6%

• Total voters

backdrft76

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
wow-amazed.gif

Had a similar idea for a poll, but figured the most common answer would be ‘it depends’ (e.g., on how the 2 boards are moderated, where the favorite posters go, etc.).

See… I had every right to be totally confused yesterday! This is the old site that is now the new site. This was certainly a pleasant surprise to wake up to… and now I understand why nobody could say anything.
I cannot express to you how much it sucked the last few days to be so cryptic. But as I said in the other post, I have a massive amount of respect for the guys at BWI and didn’t want to come on what was still their property and say that everyone should stick with rivals

Reactions: Dogwelder
Probably leaning toward staying because all our old posts are here--there's value in being able to look up, say, what we all had to say about a recruit coming in at the time. The motivation to move to On3 was predicated on all this going away. But all that's appeared to happen is that the sign on the front door changed. The site are otherwise functionally equivalent, from what I can tell.

Probably leaning toward staying because all our old posts are here--there's value in being able to look up, say, what we all had to say about a recruit coming in at the time. The motivation to move to On3 was predicated on all this going away. But all that's appeared to happen is that the sign on the front door changed. The site are otherwise functionally equivalent, from what I can tell.
That’s my lean, too, unless some big differences develop in favor of the other site.

The “subscribe to view” language is still happening for anonymous visitors to the on3 board—given the choice, that is a dealbreaker, IMO. Pending Tom’s choice, anyway.

Maybe someday we can convince Rivals to host our own pics.

Reactions: Antaeus
I have not spoken to Tom personally but I know I said to Richie last week or so I want him here and Richie was on board completely. So I’m very much hoping Tom would like to be a part of this with us.

That’s my lean, too, unless some big differences develop in favor of the other site.
Also, in any actual migration you're going to lose people because no matter how easy making the switch might seem, some/many won't bother or will trip over a technical hurdle and give up. All things being equal, 'staying' grants a better chance of everything remaining pretty much the same. 'Leaving' guarantees a smaller pool of users, at least to start with. Network effect.

Also, in any actual migration you're going to lose people because no matter how easy making the switch might seem, some/many won't bother or will trip over a technical hurdle and give up. All things being equal, 'staying' grants a better chance of everything remaining pretty much the same. 'Leaving' guarantees a smaller pool of users, at least to start with. Network effect.
Yeah, I wasn’t planning to deal with the hassle of switching over unless this site really did disappear . . . but then I had a REALLY lazy Saturday and ultimately registered over there to avoid the potential need to do so later, when it definitely would be more of an inconvenience.

Will frequent both boards. I think eventually one “wins out” and becomes the primary site for the legacy group of posters and followers, but time will tell.

I think for alot of folks, what Tom does next will be a motivator.
Why Tom does will be a motivator for me.

Why did BWI move? Why could they not take the old posts with them? Why should I want to move with them?

If Tom is moderator at the new place, why did he want to move with them? Is he them?

In other words, hypothetically, if WildTurk said, “let’s all move!” how many would follow? And, actually, who is the one saying “let’s all move!” ?

And what is their sales pitch?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ja1339
Why Tom does will be a motivator for me.

Why did BWI move? Why could they not take the old posts with them? Why should I want to move with them?

If Tom is moderator at the new place, why did he want to move with them? Is he them?

In other words, hypothetically, if WildTurk said, “let’s all move!” how many would follow? And, actually, who is the one saying “let’s all move!” ?
Why?
giphy.gif

Why? Are you a paid employee or owner? If so, is “buy my product because you’ve never heard of me and I say so” a customer-pleasing self introduction and sales pitch?
I am the new publisher yes and I posted out introduction on the board early this AM and have been linking it nonstop in posts to help you guys get to know the staff and myself. But yes I think me coming in here saying click on our site will help ;)

I am the new publisher yes and I posted out introduction on the board early this AM and have been linking it nonstop in posts to help you guys get to know the staff and myself. But yes I think me coming in here saying click on our site will help ;)

Okay. Thanks. I hope you know how to read a room as well as you think you know.

Hey, Hotshoe, thank you for doing your FANTASTIC job as moderator!! What a positive influence you have been to people’s happiness!! 👏👍
Well thank you. I greatly appreciate that. This was/is the best wrestling board out there. That said, that was because of the members here. For the most part, the board policed itself. And that really matters.

I haven't contributed much to this forum but have enjoyed reading it for many years. Granted, on3 only got $1 out of me, but I have to say a feel a little duped and hope folks stay here for that reason. That said, I'll go where the insider info posted via the forum is the best.

giphy.gif

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT