ADVERTISEMENT

Who's starting at 174 this season?

Who will be Penn State's starter at 174 this season?

• Mark Hall

• Vincenzo Joseph

• Aaron Brooks

• Mason Manville

• Carter Starocci

• Joe Lee

• Surprise Transfer

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
sorry i missed the winky face letting everyone know i was joking. will edit.
Kidding or not, glad you brought it up, as some would misread his handle and assume the same thing. Not unlike D-Ringer's @ringing57, even though he went 165 two years. It's just a twitter handle, but had fans literally baffled why he wouldn't change his handle.

Reactions: andegre
Kidding or not, glad you brought it up, as some would misread his handle and assume the same thing. Not unlike D-Ringer's @ringing57, even though he went 165 two years. It's just a twitter handle, but had fans literally baffled why he wouldn't change his handle.
However, it is much more understandable in the case of Zahid. I mean, after all, he is absolutely humongous for his weight.

Well with classes starting today, the following of which have been speculated are in the Penn State directory as either grad or undergrad students,
Mark hall (could still RS)
Shakur Rasheed
Kyle conel
Anthony Cassar

Dang it. No Anthony Echemendia :)

Maybe after WCAP and a year's worth of Rosetta Stone language tapes

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Well with classes starting today, the following of which have been speculated are in the Penn State directory as either grad or undergrad students,
Shakur Rasheed
Kyle conel
Anthony Cassar
Thanks for the info! (... assuming I interpreted it correctly. I deserve a medal for trying to understand your sentence structure! :) )

Not sure how much this applies. But on the Rudis podcast, Daton Fix said that their compliance said he could stay in school and take the Olympic. Not sure any farther than that or if our compliance agrees. But directory listings may mean nothing instead of maybe something.

Shakur Rasheed
Kyle conel
Anthony Cassar

What am i doing wrong? I don't see Mark's name come up in the directory

What's happened in college makes you forget Zahid was the #2 ranked Valencia coming out of high school.
I remember reading at the time that one reason no Valencia came to PSU was that Cael offered $$ to only one of them. Does anyone know/remember which Valencia Cael liked better?

Not sure how much this applies. But on the Rudis podcast, Daton Fix said that their compliance said he could stay in school and take the Olympic. Not sure any farther than that or if our compliance agrees. But directory listings may mean nothing instead of maybe something.
In Roar’s great explanation, which I’m too lazy to find, I thought I read that attending school part-time was okay.

In Roar’s great explanation, which I’m too lazy to find, I thought I read that attending school part-time was okay.
Paraphrasing.. It's OK by NCAA Rules, which even allow for the U.S. Olympic Committee or U.S. Governing Body to pick up the expense of school, with some limitations. The student-athlete DOES become a "counter", and this "financial aid" counts against the 9.9. I'm with E-J, it does not make sense for most, as they need to be all-in for their challenge to win an Olympic spot.

I remember reading at the time that one reason no Valencia came to PSU was that Cael offered $$ to only one of them. Does anyone know/remember which Valencia Cael liked better?
I don't recall anything of the sort, and that doesn't make much sense.

Maybe Cael offered one full ride to be split between them, and that got misinterpreted as all for one and none for the other?

Reactions: Dogwelder

i think valencia, cael would look great in a blue and white singlet in 2022 ;)

Reactions: Dogwelder
HR will claim that Mark is ducking Zahid by staying at 174. This does seem to help PSU'S title chances in my opinion, assuming Mark goes at 174 this year. Not that he can't beat Zahid, because he has. But....Mark would be the clear favorite at the weight now.
Mekhi and Kem-dawg may have some say, but I tend to agree.

I see Mark wrestling Myles Amine in the NCAA Finals this year .... I think it'll be a 1 point match ... I won't say who I think will win ;)

Reactions: diggerpup
Just don't see Kemerer beating Mark. Just don't see it. Kem couldn't score on Nolf, who gave up the occasional takedown. How in the heck is he gonna score on Hall?

I don’t disagree, but i could see Kem in the finals. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen him wrestle though—and never at 174, so who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: funkisfun12
HR will claim that Mark is ducking Zahid by staying at 174. This does seem to help PSU'S title chances in my opinion, assuming Mark goes at 174 this year. Not that he can't beat Zahid, because he has. But....Mark would be the clear favorite at the weight now.

Close, but the actual story will be -- or may have already been (I've been off the boards a few days) -- that Mark planned to take an ORS, was on the fence after Carl threatened to take away scholarship and promised post-graduation club $$$ if he didn't compete for PSU this year, and then finally flipped when he saw Zahid was vacating 174.

Ultimately, Mark outslimed Carl -- he wrestles for PSU this season, keeps all his promised $$$, but technically doesn't do it on Carl's terms.

Who was it who said Hall would be an heir-apparent to Carl's coaching throne in 2034? Seems about right. ;)

Seems to be some "unknown" about the progress of Kem's rehab...... I'll wait until I see him wrestle.

Yeah, for as injured as Kemerer has been over his brief Hawkeye career, I'll believe he's a NCAA finals candidate when he makes it past B1Gs looking the part. He hasn't wrestled a collegiate match since March 2018, nor a collegiate match at 174 since ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT