ADVERTISEMENT

Who's starting at 174 this season?

Who will be Penn State's starter at 174 this season?

• Mark Hall

• Vincenzo Joseph

• Aaron Brooks

• Mason Manville

• Carter Starocci

• Joe Lee

• Surprise Transfer

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Given the # of kids referenced, is that a “surprise transfer” in? Or out?

To be honest, I am pretty suprised that the collective is learning VJ over Mark, let alone the other selections, but then again this board is well educated.

Now, as of this writhing El-Jefe has 45 people to call out and climbing.

I can just see the smile on VJs face as he downs a large pepperoni pizza, meatball sandwich and a milkshake with Cassar.

The next poll should be for 165 and then 133, I'll stick with Manville and....

Reactions: Str8DBLz
To be honest, I am pretty suprised that the collective is learning VJ over Mark, let alone the other selections, but then again this board is well educated.

Now, as of this writhing El-Jefe has 45 people to call out and climbing.

I can just see the smile on VJs face as he downs a large pepperoni pizza, meatball sandwich and a milkshake with Cassar.

The next poll should be for 165 and then 133, I'll stick with Manville and....

To be clear - this is everyone just guessing, right?

None of us actually know or have any kind of informed opinion on this subject. It's all rumors that may or may not be true or people trying to deduce lineup decisions (that probably are months away from actually being made) from a comment or two a wrestler made.

None of us actually know or have any kind of informed opinion on this subject. It's all rumors that may or may not be true or people trying to deduce lineup decisions (that probably are months away from actually being made) from a comment or two a wrestler made.

Everyone is guessing except Goggles who knows all. Just ask him. :D:rolleyes:

Most of us are guessing, because only one among us can accurately parse Cael's true intent.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Potentially changing lots of responses: Mekhi Lewis taking Olympic shirt, confirmed by VT today.
unless you thought he was transferring to psu, I don't see that news impacting our lineup (are you saying Hall's decision to ORS would be impacted by Lewis?). Maybe I am missing something

in what way?

Because many think Cenzo will change or not change weights based on Lewis redshirting. Don't count me among those. Cenzo would only move up if holding 165 was a problem (which I don't believe) and Hall was taking an ORS (which I also don;t believe). in other words, IMHO, what Lewis does will not matter to what weight Cenzo goes. However, there are probably many here who believe it does. Hence it would change their answer to the poll.

Reactions: ClarkstonMark
Potentially changing lots of responses: Mekhi Lewis taking Olympic shirt, confirmed by VT today.

All that I can say on this one is, unexpected, wow!

Olympic qualifiers are going to be one for the ages this go around.

And... I have about as much view into VT reliable info as I do into Mark's Oly plans. 100% conjecture.

Because many think Cenzo will change or not change weights based on Lewis redshirting. Don't count me among those. Cenzo would only move up if holding 165 was a problem (which I don't believe) and Hall was taking an ORS (which I also don;t believe). in other words, IMHO, what Lewis does will not matter to what weight Cenzo goes. However, there are probably many here who believe it does. Hence it would change their answer to the poll.

I'd like to know who those jokers are. :p

As with the Brooks, can win at multiple weights discussion. I think VJs chances for a national championship at 174 are about just as strong as at 165. VJ vs Zahid would be fun to watch. Oh if only double overs.....

Seriously doubt Mekhi’s decisions will influence VJ’s—but I’m also in the camp that 165 is a rough cut for him. This gets conflated with the absurd “walks around at 200” theory as a means of dismission—but VJ has alluded to weight issues before—and he has had more than one roster absence that could (or could not) be related. Maybe it just isn’t f*n, or maybe it’s bad enough to really hinder season long performance.

I also read Mark’s nonverbal signals in post NCAA interviews that would suggest he may be ready for a different focus, a reset of sorts—so when coupled with Flo Bro cryptosignals, and his love of Freestyle with the Olympics looming: him taking a shirt this year wouldn’t be a huge surprise to me.

Last edited:
Seriously doubt Mekhi’s decisions will influence VJ’s—but I’m also in the camp that 165 is a rough cut for him. This gets conflated with the absurd “walks around at 200” theory as a means of dismission—but VJ has alluded to weight issues before—and he has had more than one roster absence that could (or could not be) related. Maybe it just isn’t f*n, or maybe it’s bad enough to really hinder season long performance.

I also read Mark’s nonverbal signals in post NCAA interviews that would suggest he may be ready for a different focus, a reset of sorts—so when coupled with Flo Bro cryptosignals, and his love of Freestyle with the Olympics looming: him taking a shirt this year wouldn’t be a huge surprise to me.

Man, I love your eloquent internet-posting, nerf! Irregardless of dismission being or not being an actual word. EMOJI!!!

I'm also with you on a lot of your #content. Tea Leaf Reading is a super-f*n exercise, and I like your citations of the different leaves you've read here. Just like Zain's weight-class decisions were the driver for the 2016 lineup, Mark Hall's decisions are the first domino that will set PSU's 2020 lineup. Like you, I'm guessing (reading leaves) that Hall might find the prospect of holding another year of D1 eligibility in his back pocket appealing, and that he might enjoy a change of flava this coming school year. Whether that flava is taking a year off of academic requirements, or keeping them, but taking a year or so off from Folkstyle (he's got two RS's available--maybe dedicate this tangent to not one, but two years--which would open up a few more weights for the 2021 World Championships, I can't read quite yet. But I agree that something similar is there. A 2021 or 2022 PSU lineup with Mark Hall in it would not surprise me.

Second domino would be, like you note, Cenzo making belly space for another plate of his mama's grub, and going 174.

Who's gonna post the poll for 165? ;)

Reactions: danoftw and tikk10
Today's plan could change tomorrow. Good poll, and good off-season discussion. As jto says, where's 165?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Man, I love your eloquent internet-posting, nerf! Irregardless of dismission being or not being an actual word. EMOJI!!!

I'm also with you on a lot of your #content. Tea Leaf Reading is a super-f*n exercise, and I like your citations of the different leaves you've read here. Just like Zain's weight-class decisions were the driver for the 2016 lineup, Mark Hall's decisions are the first domino that will set PSU's 2020 lineup. Like you, I'm guessing (reading leaves) that Hall might find the prospect of holding another year of D1 eligibility in his back pocket appealing, and that he might enjoy a change of flava this coming school year. Whether that flava is taking a year off of academic requirements, or keeping them, but taking a year or so off from Folkstyle (he's got two RS's available--maybe dedicate this tangent to not one, but two years--which would open up a few more weights for the 2021 World Championships, I can't read quite yet. But I agree that something similar is there. A 2021 or 2022 PSU lineup with Mark Hall in it would not surprise me.

Second domino would be, like you note, Cenzo making belly space for another plate of his mama's grub, and going 174.

Who's gonna post the poll for 165? ;)
FYI, I knew full well dismission was not a real word, but I went for it anyway. Language lives because it can submit to the will of the wielder.

As with the Brooks, can win at multiple weights discussion. I think VJs chances for a national championship at 174 are about just as strong as at 165. VJ vs Zahid would be fun to watch. Oh if only double overs.....

I will be amazed if Zahid doesnt OLRS, he is a legitimate threat, every bit or more than Marky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT