WHOA!!! Ralph Nader urges regulators to recall Tesla’s ‘manslaughtering’ Full Self-Driving vehicles

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
41 what? Nobody has a clue what you are ranting about.

Seriously?

Capture14.png

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
So no explanation of the 41 score eh? That's getting to be more typical.

Well, you need to be a member to see the entire review, but here's a glimpse....

Capture15.png

This is how you know it's a cult. Owner satisfaction a 4 with reliability a 1. Did you see the 8 recalls?

Reactions: jjw165

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Well, you need to be a member to see the entire review, but here's a glimpse....

Capture15.png

This is how you know it's a cult. Owner satisfaction a 4 with reliability a 1. Did you see the 8 recalls?

6 of the "recalls" were for software updates which Tesla rolls out over the air. The cars software is updated with no action needed by the owner. They probably never even knew there was an issue.

1 of the recalls was for a single Model X.

Recall date
2022-04-17​
Recall no.
22V264000​
Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling one 2022 Model X vehicle. A body structure reinforcement bracket was not installed at the second-row seat. As such, this vehicle fails to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard numbers 207, "Seating Systems" and 210, "Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages."​

Tesla just replaced the vehicles with a new one.​

And the final recall is for some models that won't properly deploy side airbags when the windows are down. This is the only real recall in the batch and will require Tesla to install new airbags.

Devastating...... Telsa must be lying when they claim they have a huge number of backorders for the Model X.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Suckers..... lol... 120 grand for a car littered with recalls.

Tesla gets dinged with a recall everytime they fix something with an over the air software update. I wouldn't term these as recalls would you?

If you so then my Apple phone has had well over 100 recalls in the last year. Can't believe people still buy them!

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Tesla gets dinged with a recall everytime they fix something with an over the air software update. I wouldn't term these as recalls would you?

If you so then my Apple phone has had well over 100 recalls in the last year. Can't believe people still buy them!

I phones are reliable unlike the Model X.

olelion

Jun 10, 2001
Tarpon Springs Fl
6 of the "recalls" were for software updates which Tesla rolls out over the air. The cars software is updated with no action needed by the owner. They probably never even knew there was an issue.

1 of the recalls was for a single Model X.

Recall date​
2022-04-17​

Recall no.
22V264000​
Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling one 2022 Model X vehicle. A body structure reinforcement bracket was not installed at the second-row seat. As such, this vehicle fails to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard numbers 207, "Seating Systems" and 210, "Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages."​

Tesla just replaced the vehicles with a new one.​

And the final recall is for some models that won't properly deploy side airbags when the windows are down. This is the only real recall in the batch and will require Tesla to install new airbags.

Devastating...... Telsa must be lying when they claim they have a huge number of backorders for the Model X.
It is a problem that has to be fixed. Plain and simple

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011

Video Claims Tesla Autopilot Repeatedly Runs Over Child Mannequin In Simple Test​

https://iflscience.com/video-shows-...g-over-a-child-mannequin-in-simple-test-64840

Repeatedly??

Well that is strange - autopolit is preventing accidents daily and not mowing down small children.

Tesla Autopilot prevents around 40 crashes per day that would have been caused by sudden unintended acceleration (SUA). This news comes from Tesla’s Autopilot Software Director, Ashok Elluswamy, who shared this news during his workshop at the Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) in New Orleans earlier this summer.​
“Here, I’m showing a particular mode of failure of humans where they accidentally press the accelerator pedal instead of the brake pedal. For example, these people are pressing the accelerator pedal thinking that they’re pressing the brake pedal. But the car realizes that they are doing this and are heading towards a collision and automatically cuts out the acceleration, and presses the brake to prevent the humans from colliding.”​

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Well that is strange - autopolit is preventing accidents daily and not mowing down small children.

Tesla Autopilot prevents around 40 crashes per day that would have been caused by sudden unintended acceleration (SUA). This news comes from Tesla’s Autopilot Software Director, Ashok Elluswamy, who shared this news during his workshop at the Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) in New Orleans earlier this summer.​
“Here, I’m showing a particular mode of failure of humans where they accidentally press the accelerator pedal instead of the brake pedal. For example, these people are pressing the accelerator pedal thinking that they’re pressing the brake pedal. But the car realizes that they are doing this and are heading towards a collision and automatically cuts out the acceleration, and presses the brake to prevent the humans from colliding.”​

My car is reliable. Got double the rating than a Tesla X. Primarily based on reliability.