ADVERTISEMENT

WHO YA GOT: New Jersey vs Delaware (first to have sports betting)????

Delaware has everything in place. They will be first.

I will take Eagles over 10-1/2 wins.

DE Gov saying they may be up and running by first week of June, no way can NJ get it done that fast. DE has been planning for 6 months that the court ruling would go in favor of gambling. They are ready to roll at Delaware Park and Dover Downs.

Ah WV? West Virginia is as close to having legal sports betting as any state between Nevada and New Jersey

progressive state- you can buy beer here on Sundays, have Champagne brunch at 10 am on Sunday, get married in 3 days and no fault divorce in 21. Plus there is no pesky 5 year look back on assets when going into the nursing home.

https://www.legalsportsreport.com/wv/

Ah WV? West Virginia is as close to having legal sports betting as any state between Nevada and New Jersey

progressive state- you can buy beer here on Sundays, have Champagne brunch at 10 am on Sunday, get married in 3 days and no fault divorce in 21. Plus there is no pesky 5 year look back on assets when going into the nursing home.

https://www.legalsportsreport.com/wv/

I do not practice law in West Virginia, so I will let demlion confirm this, but I believe there is indeed a 5 year "look back" in West Virginia.

Reactions: step.eng69
So Delaware wins the race, as sports betting starts there at 1:30 pm EDT today.

Pennsylvania, as usual, is way behind its competitors. From what I've read, the biggest hangup is the tax rate on revenues that has been proposed in PA. It's 36%, plus a 1-time $10 mill sign-up fee for the betting location. By comparison, New Jersey, which is close to offering sports betting, will have a 8.5% tax rate on revenues, plus a 1.25% tax rate for Atlantic City marketing, plus a 1.25% tax rate for race-track communities. So the max tax rate in NJ will be 11% of revenues, whereas PA wants a 36% rate on revenues. No wonder not a single sports book company has signed an agreement to set up in PA.

Reactions: First Last
I do not practice law in West Virginia, so I will let demlion confirm this, but I believe there is indeed a 5 year "look back" in West Virginia.
I'm going through that currently with my mother in a nursing home and Hospice involved over the past four weeks. I thought Medicaid sets the "look back" window.

I have one more $8k payment and Medicaid will kick start in June...of course if my mother lives that long. the BB&T bank is charging $7 per monthly bank and savings statements for the past five years.

ADVERTISEMENT