ADVERTISEMENT

Who would be your all-time starting WRs for Penn State? Top 4?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
Who would be your all-time starting wide receivers for Penn State? Who would be your top four?

For me, it's still Bobby Engram - Biletnikoff Award winner and Kenny Jackson, two-time All-American
Second team: Johan Dotson and Allen Robinson

Think about some of the other great wide receivers too: Godwin, Curry, Smith, Butler, Norwood, Cefalo, McDuffie

Who would be your starting pair of wide receivers?

Reactions: psu skp and N&B4PSU
Who would be your all-time starting wide receivers for Penn State? Who would be your top four?

For me, it's still Bobby Engram - Biletnikoff Award winner and Kenny Jackson, two-time All-American

Think about some of the other great wide receivers too: Godwin, Curry, Smith, Butler, Norwood, Cefalo, McDuffie

Mo Humphries needs to be somewhere on the list ;)

• Haha
Reactions: psu skp
My starters or Bobby Engram and Allen Robinson. My second team is Chris Godwin and Bryant Johnson. For the third team, I would go with Derrick Williams and Deon Butler.

Dotson maybe number 8 on the list even though he is the current flavor.

engram Jackson mc duffie Robinson Johnson Godwin
butler Dotson Hamilton jurevicious, cefalo

I guess I would switch out Godwin and put in Kenny Jackson, man you really can't go wrong but I can't see leaving Kenny Jackson out and I shouldn't have

I have to wonder how great ARob's numbers would have been with a really decent QB - both at PSU and in the pros. He made Hackenberg during Hack's freshman year and has had average QB's at Jacksonville and Chicago.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and psualt
Imagine any of the top 7 not including Dotson. Having an rpo and as many games as they have now. Most were under Joe.

Reactions: bison13
Look up the season and career records for Jesse Arnelle.. He held the school records for decades.
Since most on this board weren't alive or were too young to follow the NITS in the 50s,
he get totally overlooked

Reactions: vops
Gotta go with the OP:

Engram & Jackson, then ARob & Dotson

Godwin may actually end up with the best NFL career by the time it all plays out. ARob is really being punished this year with Da’ Bears QB circus and some nagging hamstring injury……hopefully he’ll land somewhere next year where he can once again show off his talent.

Many many very good receivers have played at PSU but I think the top four are a step above everyone else.

Gotta go with the OP:

Engram & Jackson, then ARob & Dotson

Godwin may actually end up with the best NFL career by the time it all plays out. ARob is really being punished this year with Da’ Bears QB circus and some nagging hamstring injury……hopefully he’ll land somewhere next year where he can once again show off his talent.

Many many very good receivers have played at PSU but I think the top four are a step above everyone else.
You have Dotson ahead of of mc duffie? A first team all American? Wow.

Reactions: Gitzit
I have to wonder how great ARob's numbers would have been with a really decent QB - both at PSU and in the pros. He made Hackenberg during Hack's freshman year and has had average QB's at Jacksonville and Chicago.
The amount of hatred some people have for Penn Stater's is amazing. McGloin was a very good QB his final season at State. He went from a basic pro-style offense to mastering a true NFL offense over the course of his senior year. Hackenberg came in as a true freshmen and mastered the same NFL offense over the course of a year culminating the best game any QB played over the entire decade. ARob didn't make Hackenberg. He helped but that was it. Franklin and his clown car of bungling idiots did ruin him however.

The amount of hatred some people have for Penn Stater's is amazing. McGloin was a very good QB his final season at State. He went from a basic pro-style offense to mastering a true NFL offense over the course of his senior year. Hackenberg came in as a true freshmen and mastered the same NFL offense over the course of a year culminating the best game any QB played over the entire decade. ARob didn't make Hackenberg. He helped but that was it. Franklin and his clown car of bungling idiots did ruin him however.

Come on. ARob certainly made Hack.

LdN

Can't believe nobody mentioned Chip LaBarca!

1. Bobby Engram, Great WR on great teams. 2. Allen Robinson, he made a freshman QB look awesome. 3. Kenny Jackson also benefitted playing on a star filled team, but his talent always showed up on game day. 4. Chris Godwin, I think Godwin gets overlooked a little because of playing on same team as Barkley. But he is one of the best WR's we ever had.

Dotson, Engram, Jackson and sneak M-Rob in just in case Trace goes down doing mobile QB work. Sneak him on in there like a track schollyship for the 1960s Alabama 14th string WR.

Good, but not in Lenny's class.

Who is Lenny? Is that the lightskin foghorn leghorn duue from Floribama? He was tawkin squawkin shite on Duke Soccer so I put an hole in his garage drywall from 85 feet a fuuty with a footy ball. I take Duke Soccer mo' serious than a Mexican.

It's so hard to compare players across generations. Defensive rules have changed, 3 yds and a cloud of dust has given way to the RPO and a pass first offense. Nothing against Dotson, but I think him being on the list is a recency bias.

I not old enough to remember even Kenny Jackson so I won't pretend to have anything to add to this list other than to say that Engram belongs on it. I'll let you smart people determine whether Jackson, McDuffie, ARob, Jurevicious, Dotson, Godwin, Curry, Smith, Butler, Norwood, Cefalo, Arnell, etc should round out the list. The game has changed, but McDuffie being an AA probably indicates that he should be included.

Who is Lenny? Is that the lightskin foghorn leghorn duue from Floribama? He was tawkin squawkin shite on Duke Soccer so I put an hole in his garage drywall from 85 feet a fuuty with a footy ball. I take Duke Soccer mo' serious than a Mexican.
Google Lenny Moore.

Who is Lenny? You can’t be serious.

iu

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
ADVERTISEMENT