ADVERTISEMENT

Who thinks Kentucky will NOT win March Madnesss?

psu00

Jan 4, 2010
1991 UNLV type upset again this year? Who is your pick for the champ?

I think all the number ones except Wisc could beat them,

and Virginia also. That being said, gotta pick them to win it all. In pools though it seems everyone will pick either Kentucky, Villanova, Duke, Virginia to win the championship. So if Kentucky does lose, it opens up the pool to have someone win who gets almost all the games wrong but guessed the champion correctly.

I will pick against them in about 1/4 to 1/3 of the brackets I fill out.

They can absolutely lose on any given day. That's how basketball is. You're not going to always get the best team as the victor in a single elimination basketball tournament, nor would you in baseball.

If they could somehow let the top 8 teams play a best of seven series, then I'd put big money on UK. They are the best team.

Re: I think all the number ones except Wisc could beat them,

I don't see anybody beating Kentucky, but Wisconsin would be one of the more likely teams to beat them.

I have it in reverse, of the #1s, only Wisconsin could beat them...

but Kentucky would have to have a really bad night and any other squad would have to be at their top.

My gut feeling tells me they won't win it. Sometimes when it just seems like a sure thing, it isn't.

"There's no such thing, as a sure thing." - Oscar Madison

'08 Patriots - undefeated lost to NYG
'98 Vikings
UNLV's loss to Duke '91
'87 Niners loss to a 8-7 Vikings team in the playoffs

I think the winner will be

somebody who gets most all the games correct and guesses the champion correctly.

Re: I think the winner will be

Everyone's going out on such a limb today. ;).

I get that on any day anything can happen, and if Kentucky plays bad and the other team plays lights out upsets could happen, etc. . The real question is- who do people think will beat Kentucky? Consider it a virtual bracket. Name the team.

This post was edited on 3/16 2:16 PM by psu00

LOL. I don't think the Sixers could beat PSU much less Kentucky. ;)

Re: UK plays pretty smart basketball, but they"ve never played from behind.**

Originally posted by LionJim:

UK plays pretty smart basketball, but they've never played from behind.**
You know, it's a shame but I think that many folks are so irate (who the he!! knows why) that Karl Anthony Towns, Trey Lyles and possibly Devin Booker are going to leave after one year that they are gonna miss how well this team plays as a unit. What gets lost is that they play really tough, well executed basketball. Labels usually reserved for teams like Gonzaga, Butler or Wisconsin. UK is loaded but they play the right way.

Couldn't agree more. UK shows superb execution all around. ****

Originally posted by 70Sixers:

Originally posted by LionJim:

UK plays pretty smart basketball, but they've never played from behind.**
You know, it's a shame but I think that many folks are so irate (who the he!! knows why) that Karl Anthony Towns, Trey Lyles and possibly Devin Booker are going to leave after one year that they are gonna miss how well this team plays as a unit. What gets lost is that they play really tough, well executed basketball. Labels usually reserved for teams like Gonzaga, Butler or Wisconsin. UK is loaded but they play the right way.

UK had some close calls to less than stellar teams.

It will not survive better competition in the tournament if it meets a team that is hot that particular night. I believe that will happen.

Re: I have it in reverse, of the #1s, only Wisconsin could beat them...

Wisconsin is the one that I think can beat them. And that would be in the semifinal game.

Re: I have it in reverse, of the #1s, only Wisconsin could beat them...

I think they win it all and win every game by at least 10 points.

You can get excellent odds betting against UK,

there are worse investments.. Last I saw Ky is even-money to win, which I think is a poor bet. Or you can take the field against them, also at even-money, which is another poor bet.

Taking a small flyer on a team like North Carolina, I'm sure you can get 10-1. A team like that has the size and they play very fast. If the three's are falling, it is POSSIBLE to win. But UK is going to have to have a below average game for anyone to beat them, no matter what they do.

I think there are about 6 teams that could have a chance. Obepka and Duke have enough gooch. Gonzaga is huge and has shooters. Nova has a decent big man and four guys on the court (usually) who can bomb the three. I hate to say this but Wisconsin is really, really good - they could do it. North Carolina but they are so inconsistent they won't get a chance.

Virginia is terrific defensively but they don't score and their tempo lets people hang around. Notre Dame can really score but they have no size at all.

It's Kentucky's to lose, but that's why they play the game.

I'll go out on a limb

Arizona takes them out in the final four...

I think if Kentucky does lose it will be early on...maybe in sweet 16 against Maryland or West VA.

Then hope Kentucky's loss is to a B12 team

because

1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

Re: I think all the number ones except Wisc could beat them,

Originally posted by dwiz:
and Virginia also. That being said, gotta pick them to win it all.

The one school that even comes close to matching up well with them IS Wisconsin. Dekker and Kaminsky are going to give Towns and co. the fight of their season. I believe that matchup will happen and it should be one hell of a game.

ADVERTISEMENT