ADVERTISEMENT

Who should the NY Giants draft next month?

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
The Giants, following the OBJ trade, have the Nos. 6, 17 and 35 picks. (Plus other, lower picks, but I'm focusing on these three picks.) They clearly need a new QB, although some have argued that the better QB's (Tua and Justin Herbert) merit waiting one more year. They also need a quality pass rusher and a WR, and could also use some help on the OL.

Here's an article about it. Who do you think they should take, especially with the first two picks?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-picks-after-trading-odell-beckham-to-browns/

The Giants, following the OBJ trade, have the Nos. 6, 17 and 35 picks. (Plus other, lower picks, but I'm focusing on these three picks.) They clearly need a new QB, although some have argued that the better QB's (Tua and Justin Herbert) merit waiting one more year. They also need a quality pass rusher and a WR, and could also use some help on the OL.

Here's an article about it. Who do you think they should take, especially with the first two picks?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-picks-after-trading-odell-beckham-to-browns/
I’d trade those 3 picks to the Eagles for QB Nate Sudfeld.

Could get qb of future. Wr of future. Or two offensive lineman that would really help Eli get out of his happy feet hackenberg imitation.

They should use all of their picks on offensive linemen. Then they revolutionize football by lining them up at fullback, TE, WR and QB. Then everyone blocks like crazy for Sa Sa Barkley. He'll rush for 7,000 yards and 57 TDs this season.

It's funny. So far, every poster has noted the Giants' need for offensive line help. But the article I attached with the OP virtually ignores offensive linemen and says, instead, that the Giants should opt for pass rushers (along with a QB). I realize that they probably need both offensive and defensive linemen, but the brutal performances the Giants' OL put on last season have me convinced that OL is the biggest priority. As old and immobile as Eli has gotten, I could stomach another season of him at QB if the Giants could select two quality offensive linemen who could get into their starting lineup right away.

Reactions: 81b&w
The Giants D cost them more games than their offense did last year. Gotta use at least 2 of the first 3 on that side of the ball.
They only had 5 games where they gave up 30 or more points and 11 games where they scored less than 30. They had more of an offensive problem than a defensive problem.

It's funny. So far, every poster has noted the Giants' need for offensive line help. But the article I attached with the OP virtually ignores offensive linemen and says, instead, that the Giants should opt for pass rushers (along with a QB). I realize that they probably need both offensive and defensive linemen, but the brutal performances the Giants' OL put on last season have me convinced that OL is the biggest priority. As old and immobile as Eli has gotten, I could stomach another season of him at QB if the Giants could select two quality offensive linemen who could get into their starting lineup right away.

I think selfishly we want Barkley to have more help.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
IMO draft a OT, OG, fill a badly depleted defense with free agency LB, DT, DE & CB
No value in drafting HAskins or Murray they are not first round guys but picking up a QB in later rounds makes a lot of sense.

IMO draft a OT, OG, fill a badly depleted defense with free agency LB, DT, DE & CB
No value in drafting HAskins or Murray they are not first round guys but picking up a QB in later rounds makes a lot of sense.

They don't need a OG. They are set longterm at LG (Hernandez) and now at least short-term at RG with Zeitler. They should be OK at center with Pulley and Halapio. They need to draft a LT to play RT. I say LT because Solder is not what he use to be and you never know when he could become the weak link.

This is what I would plan to do and hope everything falls my way on draft night
- draft OT Taylor from Florida at 6
- draft a WR at 17 (hope AB's cousin Hollywood Brown is there)
- trade my 2nd RD pick before the draft for Rosen (They claim a 3rd RD pick in a package might be good enough but I wouldn't mess around. Rosen for a 2nd RD pick is great value and I still have the two 1st RD picks to help jump start the rebuild. I am not a big Rosen fan but I do not want to pay a ridiculous price to move up to get Murray or Haskins. Rosen would probably be the top QB if he was in this draft. Murray would NOT be a good fit in Shurmur's offense. I like Haskins, actually more than Rosen but I don't want to use the 2nd 1st RD pick I just got for OBJ to move up to 2 or 3. I think Haskins can be a similar QB to Big Ben. He can extend plays because of his size, has enough mobility, and arm strength to throw the deep ball.
- use the 2 3rd RD picks on best available on defense. If an Edge player falls to 6 that is too good to pass up (ex Josh Allen) and get RT at 17 (like Jonah Williams), draft best deep threat WR in the 3rd and then best available.

They don't need a OG. They are set longterm at LG (Hernandez) and now at least short-term at RG with Zeitler. They should be OK at center with Pulley and Halapio. They need to draft a LT to play RT. I say LT because Solder is not what he use to be and you never know when he could become the weak link.

- trade my 2nd RD pick before the draft for Rosen (They claim a 3rd RD pick in a package might be good enough but I wouldn't mess around. Rosen for a 2nd RD pick is great value and I still have the two 1st RD picks to help jump start the rebuild. I am not a big Rosen fan but I do not want to pay a ridiculous price to move up to get Murray or Haskins. Rosen would probably be the top QB if he was in this draft. Murray would NOT be a good fit in Shurmur's offense. I like Haskins, actually more than Rosen but I don't want to use the 2nd 1st RD pick I just got for OBJ to move up to 2 or 3. I think Haskins can be a similar QB to Big Ben. He can extend plays because of his size, has enough mobility, and arm strength to throw the deep ball.
- use the 2 3rd RD picks on best available on defense. If an Edge player falls to 6 that is too good to pass up (ex Josh Allen) and get RT at 17 (like Jonah Williams), draft best deep threat WR in the 3rd and then best available.
Nice plan. I like mine better!!

Haskins cannot run or evade pass rushers like Ben. Not even close.

If drafting for Barkley, get a tackle and WR with the first rounders. If drafting for the Giants, take best pass rusher 1st and best tackle second. Second round go back to D.

The Cardinals surely know this and believe they can do better than a second rounder.

Rosen's market value is a 3rd RD pick according to past GMs and other NFL people. The Cardinals are not in a great position. They are not going to get a 1st RD pick at the moment. If they could, he would be traded already. They will probably wait to the draft and hope a team gets desperate after they draft Murray and Haskins is also picked. They are hoping Giants, Redskins, or Dolphins flinch.

OL, OL, OL= protect Barkley until they can find a QB next year. Face it, it's a QB's league, and you aren't winning without one.

Reactions: PSUinCAfan
ADVERTISEMENT