ADVERTISEMENT

who had the bigger W last night?

Not sure how to quantify who had the “bigger” win but will say I was shocked how easy Kerk made it look getting to his legs. At no point in that match did Kerk look as if he could take a loss last night.
Kinda said that wrong. To us fans it may have been a nerve wracker but Kerk looked composed and relaxed the entire match and almost looked as if he thought he could do anything he wanted out there.

Kerk had a better game plan. Control the wrists, control space and pick the openings. A lot changes during the season and PSU has shown great ability in late season adjustments will others do better at that this season? I’m looking forward to watching it unfold.

Reactions: JCPSU73-77
Not sure how to quantify who had the “bigger” win but will say I was shocked how easy Kerk made it look getting to his legs. At no point in that match did Kerk look as if he could take a loss last night.
There was a PSU heavy in the not too distant past that easily got to legs on Parris, as well as every other HWT that year. Huh, makes one wonder if Kerk being healthy, and having the same coaches as that Ant-guy, means anything?

Nah, our coaches don't coach, they just recruit...

Kerk had a better game plan. Control the wrists, control space and pick the openings. A lot changes during the season and PSU has shown great ability in late season adjustments will others do better at that this season? I’m looking forward to watching it unfold.

BREAKING: cael Sanderson considering learning to coach.

Haters...stunned.

You guys didn’t look like your team was the best prepared at 2020 Big Tens or NCAA’s last year.

It will be interesting to see how much longer PSU’s recruiting strategy continues to work. Between burned bridges and other programs putting money forward the landscape is changing. Eventually even the New York Yankees couldn’t buy themselves success.

You guys didn’t look like your team was the best prepared at 2020 Big Tens or NCAA’s last year.

It will be interesting to see how much longer PSU’s recruiting strategy continues to work. Between burned bridges and other programs putting money forward the landscape is changing. Eventually even the New York Yankees couldn’t buy themselves success.
Really? That's all we heard after NCAAs.
RBY beats fix.
Lee beats Eirman
Starocci beats Kem.
You have amnesia or dementia?

What burned bridges are you talking about? I’ve heard (from Hawk fans)since 2014 that Caels recruiting will take take a hit. I’m still waiting on that to happen.

I think you overvalue how top recruits view performance on Saturday Morning vs Saturday Night my friend.

It’s also big of you to suggest that Nick and Carter in particular weren’t well prepared for NCAAs last year. Admitting inferiority publicly takes a lot of heart.

Keep telling yourself that. Best talent + best coaching will always be the best way to win. It doesn't matter how much the landscape changes. Top talent isn't scared of be recruited over. They want to go where they can win titles. PSU is the best place to reach full potential for a super talent. Iowa is a good place if you are a bit lower in value and individual titles are not really important.

Well, next year you could see something like Howard, Rby, bb, svn, Haines, Facundo, Starocci, brooks, dean, Kerk. I think it’ll be fine for a few more years.

Btw, if we are gonna have a “best of” vote at years end, I think we should also have a dumbest. If so, I nominate this guy..

Penn state will come back to earth when ruth and DT graduate.

Your post is a classic example of wishful thinking. In my experience, wishful thinking rarely turns out well for the thinker.

Kinda said that wrong. To us fans it may have been a nerve wracker but Kerk looked composed and relaxed the entire match and almost looked as if he thought he could do anything he wanted out there.
Relaxed is right. It looked like he had no doubt he was going to win that match the whole thing was weird I'm yelling at the tv and my wife was like what's your problem he's winning lol

There was a PSU heavy in the not too distant past that easily got to legs on Parris, as well as every other HWT that year. Huh, makes one wonder if Kerk being healthy, and having the same coaches as that Ant-guy, means anything?

Nah, our coaches don't coach, they just recruit...
My first thought when they mentioned Kerk grabbing the left wrist was our coaches are prepared for everything and anything.

Relaxed is right. It looked like he had no doubt he was going to win that match the whole thing was weird I'm yelling at the tv and my wife was like what's your problem he's winning lol
Our poor TVs!

If you want to feel better about yourself...
Hmmm can't link it in here
Cowboy Fans

Reactions: Ja1339

Really we had four champions go back to hr with that nonsense lol. Not prepared lol that's comical

Exactly, I honestly think he could have had that single many more times.

I know we are all fans and think extremely highly of Kerk, but need to put into context last night's performance by him. Parris, other than his losses to Gable, majored every other opponent last season and so far this season, until last night, when Kerk beat him in all positions. Also, Askren can suck it!

*dodgers have entered the chat*

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Credit PSU for the top recruits they’ve put in their line-up. Didn’t secure a team title last year but it might this year with the mid-season move-ins.

Like I said, everyone has watched PSU alter the college wrestling landscape in recent years with their massive recruiting hauls. Now that tOSU is doing it (among others) it will be harder for PSU to access what they want Year to year. Coaching up the number one recruit to tie up wrists and get to a single is pretty easy. Coaching up the 23rd ranked recruit is a different story and so far PSU has proven they can only do the former.

What universe are you in? Did you see the NCAA's last year? Or the dual/duel meet/meat last night?

Credit PSU for the top recruits they’ve put in their line-up.
Old and tired argument. All the top teams get their share.

Didn’t secure a team title last year but it might this year with the mid-season move-ins.
I guess this has basis somewhere. Your top recruits won a title while psu had to reload w a roster of mostly underclassmen.
Like I said, everyone has watched PSU alter the college wrestling landscape in recent years with their massive recruiting hauls.
Hauls?
Now that tOSU is doing it (among others) it will be harder for PSU to access what they want Year to year.
Just now? Maybe you haven't seen all the recruiting national titles they have hanging in the rafters.

Coaching up the number one recruit to tie up wrists and get to a single is pretty easy.
So why aren't other coaches doing it with success.

Coaching up the 23rd ranked recruit is a different story and so far PSU has proven they can only do the former.
Oh really?

I realize your waaay bigggg mad this morning and just typing the inner circle bullet points from last night's inner circle jerk but maybe next time your feeling so blue get some original material that your ilk hasnt typed for .....going on ...10 ....years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT