ADVERTISEMENT

who had the bigger W last night?

Credit PSU for the top recruits they’ve put in their line-up. Didn’t secure a team title last year but it might this year with the mid-season move-ins.

Like I said, everyone has watched PSU alter the college wrestling landscape in recent years with their massive recruiting hauls. Now that tOSU is doing it (among others) it will be harder for PSU to access what they want Year to year. Coaching up the number one recruit to tie up wrists and get to a single is pretty easy. Coaching up the 23rd ranked recruit is a different story and so far PSU has proven they can only do the former.
Stinkbait. Ewww.

Credit PSU for the top recruits they’ve put in their line-up. Didn’t secure a team title last year but it might this year with the mid-season move-ins.

Like I said, everyone has watched PSU alter the college wrestling landscape in recent years with their massive recruiting hauls. Now that tOSU is doing it (among others) it will be harder for PSU to access what they want Year to year. Coaching up the number one recruit to tie up wrists and get to a single is pretty easy. Coaching up the 23rd ranked recruit is a different story and so far PSU has proven they can only do the former.
LOL, Michigan thumped Ohio State far worse than Iowa did just one week ago.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I like PSU, I like PA. But face it, you’re the NY Yankees in terms of how you’ve won when you’ve won. You’re a program that has demonstrated like many other programs you can steer top flight recruits to the top of the podium. However, unlike other programs your landing wayyy more of those types hence the winning.

Personally I’d stick with that plan, it works but it might not be as successful a plan when you can’t get your hands on all those number 1 and 2 overall recruits. Am I jealous of all those riches, not really, but I am aware of it.

I like PSU, I like PA. But face it, you’re the NY Yankees in terms of how you’ve won when you’ve won. You’re a program that has demonstrated like many other programs you can steer top flight recruits to the top of the podium. However, unlike other programs your landing wayyy more of those types hence the winning.

Personally I’d stick with that plan, it works but it might not be as successful a plan when you can’t get your hands on all those number 1 and 2 overall recruits. Am I jealous of all those riches, not really, but I am aware of it.

You are not very smart.

Nothing more. You just aren’t a smart person and this post was not a good post.

It’s also understandable that you’re still grieving.

But tOSU are the annual undefeated #1 recruiting class champs... Not Penn State. You make little sense.

PSU Wrestling Winning Formula = NY Yankees Winning Formula

That’s a great analogy and I don’t get why that makes anyone uncomfortable. Take credit for setting up the wins on the front end and enjoy the ride. It started with getting Cael and you guys came through for him. Credit Nittany Lions wrestling supporters.

BTW was it true that PSU didn’t have an NCAA champ since 1959 before they became college wrestling’s NY Yankees?

Feldman is the only can’t miss recruit of this current tOSU class of the century. With the portal, he will fit in our lineup perfectly when Kerk’s time is up ;)

• Haha
Reactions: bluroptimo
I have reason to believe you. But I learned on last nights broadcast more people tune in from Columbus than I’m not sure what he said but tOSU and others are going to challenge PSU with their own playbook now that NIL is above board.

Anthony Cassar was ranked the 20th best… 195 pounder his senior year of high school. He couldn’t crack the lineup his junior year at PSU because ahead of him was the 56th ranked recruit in the country who wound up AA that year.
Both guys had better careers in one year than Bull, a top 3 recruit, has.

That’s a great analogy and I don’t get why that makes anyone uncomfortable. Take credit for setting up the wins on the front end and enjoy the ride. It started with getting Cael and you guys came through for him. Credit Nittany Lions wrestling supporters.

BTW was it true that PSU didn’t have an NCAA champ since 1959 before they became college wrestling’s NY Yankees?
Let me guess your team lost to the Yankees a lot too.....

You harbor a lot of resentment. It's a bad look

You guys didn’t look like your team was the best prepared at 2020 Big Tens or NCAA’s last year.

It will be interesting to see how much longer PSU’s recruiting strategy continues to work. Between burned bridges and other programs putting money forward the landscape is changing. Eventually even the New York Yankees couldn’t buy themselves success.
There are rants, then there are IGNO-rants.

I have reason to believe you. But I learned on last nights broadcast more people tune in from Columbus than I’m not sure what he said but tOSU and others are going to challenge PSU with their own playbook now that NIL is above board.
That's just stupid. If you know anything about population and and tv ratings.

The Penn state brand is a huge tv draw in everything but basketball. But hopefully that changes finally.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
Good point. But it does nothing to disprove the fact that you’re disproportionately loaded with top end talent year to year. But hey, winning is winning is winning i credit you guys for making it happen. Will you be able to continue winning that way with NIL opening financial doors to all programs? I guess we will see but you guys have the hot hand so I wouldn’t be against you.

That's just stupid. If you know anything about population and and tv ratings.

The Penn state brand is a huge tv draw in everything but basketball. But hopefully that changes finally.
I don’t know jack about who watches what but from what was said during the broadcast by Gibbons it sounds like Columbus has a very large fan base.

Enjoy the ride and lighten up youz guyz. Have some f*#

Reactions: donboy6499
Oh, so Cael was under the table, ok!

Team Championships? No, it was 1953. FYI we also had 18 top 5 team finishes between then and when Cael took over along with 20 individual champions. What team do you root for?

Having the 3" binder in hand and all the funding necessary still leaves every other team short of one thing... Cael Sanderson.

You guys didn’t look like your team was the best prepared at 2020 Big Tens or NCAA’s last year.

It will be interesting to see how much longer PSU’s recruiting strategy continues to work. Between burned bridges and other programs putting money forward the landscape is changing. Eventually even the New York Yankees couldn’t buy themselves success.
Have you also gotten into a ring with Masvidal?

Good point. But it does nothing to disprove the fact that you’re disproportionately loaded with top end talent year to year. But hey, winning is winning is winning i credit you guys for making it happen. Will you be able to continue winning that way with NIL opening financial doors to all programs? I guess we will see but you guys have the hot hand so I wouldn’t be against you.

8CJJ.gif

You do not understand the reason for PSU's success. PSU with Cael in charge is incredibly successful because they get a bunch of elite recruits who go to PSU because they view that as their best option to win NCAA titles and World Championships. NIL money will increase your bank account, however, it will not improve your chances of winning titles.

If Ohio State offers more NIL money, all Cael has to do is make sure a recruit runs into Kyle Snyder...light bulb goes off, Ohio State's best wrestler ever is being trained by Cael. That is happening for a reason.

Regarding recruiting, what is truly amazing is that even with top 10 recruits, it is only about 50/50 that they have an outstanding career. Cael has very few misses. The reason is because Cael does an incredible job of evaluating recruits and projecting their ability forward and staying away from problem recruits (guys with off the mat issues).

Remember when Marstellar and Haines, both 4 time PA state champions went elsewhere? People thought Cael was losing his touch and PSU was done. Haines never became an all-american and Marstellar's off the mat issues are well known. I get Marstellar verballed to PSU, what is not well known is that conditions were put on Chance attending PSU and he went elsewhere as a result.

Cael will continue to dominate with or without NIL, reality is this is wrestling, there just isn't a whole lot of NIL money available to wrestlers. Big opportunities are most likely driven by the individual athlete's ability to develop their own brand. For example, see the Cavinder twin sisters who play basketball at Fresno State, they are doing well with NIL because they have built a brand over the years.

Anthony Cassar was ranked the 20th best… 195 pounder his senior year of high school. He couldn’t crack the lineup his junior year at PSU because ahead of him was the 56th ranked recruit in the country who wound up AA that year.
Both guys had better careers in one year than Bull, a top 3 recruit, has.
Matt Brown was like #78 and had a better career in 3 years than Bull will in 4. And his 3 years are better than Kemerer’s top 3 years.

Ohio State will truly become a threat when Tom Ryan gains about 70 IQ points.

My guess is that the guys who have $$$ as their top priority will make $$$, and those who have winning as their top priority will win. The best place to go to be successful at winning is pretty clear right now, and has been for a while.

It's so cute to watch a toddler spit out his first few words of gibberish. Patience all, in another year or two he'll understand more about what he is saying.

Wrestling NIL isn’t millions of dollars. Maybe one free agent a year might crack $100,000. As PSU fans know, it takes 6 scoring wrestlers to win a title :p. These high level athletes still value winning over moderate amounts of money ($$ in the thousands most likely). If NIL becomes millions per wrestler per year, then you might see a program take a huge leap forward.

You do not understand the reason for PSU's success. PSU with Cael in charge is incredibly successful because they get a bunch of elite recruits who go to PSU because they view that as their best option to win NCAA titles and World Championships. NIL money will increase your bank account, however, it will not improve your chances of winning titles.

If Ohio State offers more NIL money, all Cael has to do is make sure a recruit runs into Kyle Snyder...light bulb goes off, Ohio State's best wrestler ever is being trained by Cael. That is happening for a reason.

Regarding recruiting, what is truly amazing is that even with top 10 recruits, it is only about 50/50 that they have an outstanding career. Cael has very few misses. The reason is because Cael does an incredible job of evaluating recruits and projecting their ability forward and staying away from problem recruits (guys with off the mat issues).

Remember when Marstellar and Haines, both 4 time PA state champions went elsewhere? People thought Cael was losing his touch and PSU was done. Haines never became an all-american and Marstellar's off the mat issues are well known. I get Marstellar verballed to PSU, what is not well known is that conditions were put on Chance attending PSU and he went elsewhere as a result.

Cael will continue to dominate with or without NIL, reality is this is wrestling, there just isn't a whole lot of NIL money available to wrestlers. Big opportunities are most likely driven by the individual athlete's ability to develop their own brand. For example, see the Cavinder twin sisters who play basketball at Fresno State, they are doing well with NIL because they have built a brand over the years.
I remember how disappointed I was when we lost out on Chance and had to settle for that Bo Nickal guy. My disappointment didn't last too long!

Now there's some genuine frontier gibberish.

Has to be Kerk. Askren said Cael has not developed Kerk, plus Sparks was saying that Parris is a cut above everybody at heavy sans Gable.
It drives Ben nuts when anyone mentions how Cael develops his wrestlers or gets his wrestlers ready for big matches. . Ben always reacts and argues that point. Ben is in denial

This take is not surprising coming from a poorly informed observer of NCAA wrestling and fan of an opposing team. But I get it. Some people are viscerally opposed to dynastic teams (when not their own) and accept only nefarious explanations for their dominance. I have “hated” the Yankees, Bulls, Cowboys, and other teams over the years too.

What is surprising is how quickly people forget how PSU was disproportionately hobbled by injury and illness over the prior couple of seasons. But for that unpredictable factor, the team race at Big Tens and NCAAs would likely have looked much different during those down years. Credit to PSU fans for not endlessly whining about that on this board. Instead, we just eagerly await a healthy next season to see what the GOAT coaching staff will do with the hand they’ve been dealt. Loving the cards they’re playing this season.

Old and tired argument. All the top teams get their share.

I guess this has basis somewhere. Your top recruits won a title while psu had to reload w a roster of mostly underclassmen.

Hauls?

Just now? Maybe you haven't seen all the recruiting national titles they have hanging in the rafters.

So why aren't other coaches doing it with success.

Oh really?

I realize your waaay bigggg mad this morning and just typing the inner circle bullet points from last night's inner circle jerk but maybe next time your feeling so blue get some original material that your ilk hasnt typed for .....going on ...10 ....years.
He's outer circle...

ADVERTISEMENT