ADVERTISEMENT

Who from this board will be attending the wrestling banquet Sunday?

7brwnpsu,

Thanks for the info. My PayPal account shows $54.00 to the PSWC in early March so it appears my wife and I are going. We are local so if we check in and are not on the list I just take my wife to the eatery of her choice!

Reactions: kevin310
I know gopsusports contains some of this. Sorry for the duplication.

Ed Sulkowski Award - Ben Niebel
Oustanding Alumnus Award - Dick Dewalt (Class of '66)
Carl A. Winterburn Award (Manager Award) - Shannon Daugherty
Ridge Riley and Ernie Lucas Awards - Multiple, selected at home and away duals
Charles M. Speidel Award (most takedowns) - Nick Lee, with 135
Bill Koll Award (most pins) - Zain Retherford, with 17
Joe Scalzo Award (most points during season) - Zain Retherford, with 176.5
Most Bonus Points Scored Award - Zain Retherford, with 58.5
Academic Achievement Awards:
1st Year - Austin Clabaugh
2nd Year - Brian Friery
3rd Year - Dom Giannangeli
4th Year - Devon Van Cura
5th Year - Zain Retherford
Community Service Award - Matt McCutcheon
All American Awards - Lee, Retherford, Nolf, Joseph, Hall, Nickal, Rasheed, Nevills
Hodge Award, from WIN - Zain Retherford

The scrapbooks were amazing again.

The seniors spoke; Carpenter, Yanovich, Cortez, Van Cura, Wissler, Retherford, McCutcheon, and Keener. Some funny, some serious, but all from the heart, with tons of thank you's for everyone...family (Mom & Dad), the Coaches, Wrestling Support Staff, fellow wrestlers, and the fans. These young men are really great in so many ways, not just re. their wrestling, they are really great people.

Coach did his thing, always enjoy listening to him speak. Light-hearted, but always speaking highly of his coaches, support staff, administrators, etc.

Devon Van Cura, who will continue his post grad education at Harvard in pharma, spoke as a senior. He said when being recruited by Cael, again I'm paraphrasing, "coach Cael asked me what my goal was and I told him I want to be an All American, coach Cael then said if you don't have a goal to be a national champ, maybe Penn State is not for you."

Coach Cael later said he didn't remember that being said. Again, Cael is engaging.

In my opinion. If it was said, it was a great line as to expectations.

Anyone who was there correct me on my comments if incorrect.

Also Zain needs a new trophy case! :rolleyes:

The PSWC did a great job today.

Just hope "The Video" isn't delayed in being released. The drug fix that will be relieved for the 1000th time... rewatching Bo's pin, Cenzo proving his pin wasn't a fluke, Zain repeating his National Champion and Hodge ways and Jason Nolf wrestling on one leg and conquering the nations best as only half a Nolf can... can only be satisfied with "THE VIDEO". Mark Hall doing Mark Hall things.

Watching Nick Lee come back through consi's and beating a seasoned 5th year senior in Kevin Jack to take 5th, Shack... working hard to add pts to Penn State's team total and NN yet again making AA status. Please don't hold back on us... our video production team at GoPSUSports. I was like a crack fiend last year without a "rock" to my name... for months. Please don't let us hanging with pipe in hand.

Reactions: T J
Need a picture or link for prove of this...;):D
I have received photo evidence of Goldbanger and the Mrs. at the banquet with. They sat with University of Iowa School of Medicine Graduate Dr. James Martin. Product of Danville PA wrestling which I believe has a winning record vs. Iowa wrestlers.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
I have received photo evidence of Goldbanger and the Mrs. at the banquet with. They sat with University of Iowa School of Medicine Graduate Dr. James Martin. Product of Danville PA wrestling which I believe has a winning record vs. Iowa wrestlers.
Jimmy talks about as much as he did in high school. Almost talked my ear off!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT