ADVERTISEMENT

Who from this board will be attending the wrestling banquet Sunday?

therod

Jul 9, 2002
therod for sure, and I'm looking forward to it. I made it to the last three. Unbelievable well set up program. The organizers of this event deserve a lot of credit.

Reactions: RoarLions1
I will. I have never been before. Taking my son who is a Freshman. How long does it last? (My wife is not attending so we will need to meet up with her afterwards.)

Okay guys...Lets do everything i our power to meet Cael and the entire programs request....LETS GET EVERYBODY INSIDE THE BANQUET AND LIKE COACH SAID SEND A POERFULL MESSAGE TO THE ENTIRE NATION...LETS DO IT AND SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE TO KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING !!!! LETS GO STATE...NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 2017-2018 SEASON....CAN'T WAIT TILL APRIL 15TH..I WILL BE GOING OVER THE DAY BEFORE TO TAILGATE....GREAT WEEKEND IN HAPPY VALLEY TOO WITH A LOT OF ACTIVITIES....

Anyone have an extra TICKETS to the AWARDS BANQUET on Sunday? Need 2 if possible.

Thanks.....BUT, I want to go in person if there is an actual place to go to.
????????????
I don't believe there is.. Unless you are attending the banquet and then you may be able to cut a check and fill out a membership card in person and give to President or other board member.. If anyone else has info on a brick and mortar spot to joint please chime in..

Reactions: androcles
I don't believe there is.. Unless you are attending the banquet and then you may be able to cut a check and fill out a membership card in person and give to President or other board member.. If anyone else has info on a brick and mortar spot to joint please chime in..
I suppose we could provide the President's address. :)

Reactions: HOCKEYGOD11
...jes an aside...
...there are no tickets to the banquet, they jes have a list of those who have paid and you get a name tag when you arrive...

I will. I have never been before. Taking my son who is a Freshman. How long does it last? (My wife is not attending so we will need to meet up with her afterwards.)
I plan on being there as well. The event kicks off with a social from 12 to 1 and then moves to the banquet room at 1. If I recall from the past 2 banquets, that I was blessed to have attended, it wraps up around 3:30-4 time frame. If you have the chance, try to stick around a few minutes after the banquet is officially over as the team members tend to hang out and talk with fans and are very approachable for pictures and autographs.

Reactions: therod
I hope you guys (and gals if we have any) realize how good you have it. I can only dream of attending the banquet and/or dual meet in State College. I live 800 miles away. I'm envious, and so therefore hate all of you. One of these days, I'm gonna show up to an event and buy some drinks all around.

I hope you guys (and gals if we have any) realize how good you have it. I can only dream of attending the banquet and/or dual meet in State College. I'm envious, and so therefore hate all of you. One of these days, I'm gonna show up to an event and buy some drinks all around.

I do feel blessed to be here in SC and able to get to all these events.. Where are you located 1985?

I do feel blessed to be here in SC and able to get to all these events.. Where are you located 1985?
Greenville, SC area. So I am in SC, just the wrong SC for wrestling purposes. Now weather is another story... :)

I go to local high school wrestling matches, but they are woefully behind in coaching skills. I bite my tongue so much I have callous on it. One coach consistently is talking on his cell phone with his back to his wrestlers DURING a match. I kid you not. They have to scream for his attention for top, bottom, or neutral decisions. He always picks down like an idiot. I have a stepson who wrestles and had been ridden for almost four minutes by the #1 kid in the state. Coach picks bottom at start of 3rd out of reflective action. Doh. Almost six minutes of riding time. There's an interest down here among the kids, but we just don't have the clubs and coaches to make this a stronghold area like we have in the north.

Last edited:

DRAT - the reason I wanted to go in person is because I intended to pay Spyker's bill, and I want to make sure it gets properly credited.

Reactions: CentexLion
Will the "Hoola Hoop" girl be at the banquet??

JhpotE.jpg

Does anyone know what the cost per person for the banquet was. I show a payment made to the wrestling club but am unsure if that was for the post NCAA tournament in Cleveland or the awards banquet!!:eek:

It's just the way my mind works (or not) these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT