ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s watching the Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier fight tonight?

Can’t believe somebody didn’t go down in that one.
I rarely watch much anymore. I started watching when it was Silva vs. Gracie back in the day when I was a student at PSU. Then Silva was one of my favorites. Chuck Lidell was fun. It's gotten watered down but I'll watch tonight. CM is going to get knocked out in round 2. My neighbor has it so I'll watch. 🤫

I used to run 10 Fox and and hounds/ baileys in four states. These fights were always big money nights!

Keep me posted as now I have to go to bed early to make pancakes tomorrow am. Lol

I was afraid this is who Conor is when he’s not fighting the washed up types like Cowboy anymore. I don’t think he’s a top guy anymore.
I never thought he was a top guy, he barely beat Chad Mendes who took the fight on short notice .. I’ll give him the Aldo fight, but he lost to a sub par fighter in Diaz and barely beat him the 2nd time then lost to Khabib and like you said came back and beat a past his prime Cerrone.

I never thought he was a top guy, he barely beat Chad Mendes who took the fight on short notice .. I’ll give him the Aldo fight, but he lost to a sub par fighter in Diaz and barely beat him the 2nd time then lost to Khabib and like you said came back and beat a past his prime Cerrone.

Well let's not forget that Conor moved up weight class to fight Diaz. Diaz was about toughest mfer out there and he beat him during rematch. Is it time for McGregor to hang it up? Probably bc he was a master at mental game and now losses are racking up. His mental edge is gone. He was never great all around fighter. No ground skills or submission skills. One of the great strikers ever. Greatness is not about a single loss but how you respond. St Pierre is still greatest in my mind. He got knocked out by Matt Serra and people thought it was over. He had lost to Matt Hughes about 6 fights earlier. GSP simply got and up day and trained same. Avenged every loss and dominated for another 6 years. Silva was same. Never forget this loss. Sometimes luck is part of the business.

That post was supposed to say Severn vs. Gracie but I'm not going back to edit because I guessed right. Lol
When reading it I was gonna say I don’t remember Silva ever fighting Gracie, then again we had a ton of Silva’s and Gracies so I wasn’t going to question it.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
When reading it I was gonna say I don’t remember Silva ever fighting Gracie, then again we had a ton of Silva’s and Gracies so I wasn’t going to question it.
We used to rent the VHS tapes at the Blockbuster on Atherton.

We used to rent the VHS tapes at the Blockbuster on Atherton.
My favorite fighter of all time was BJ Penn, but wish he would’ve retired sooner instead of coming back and taking a bunch of beatings and wasn’t a big fan of his bar fight problems lately either.

I’m super pumped.
Here’s the first:
Last time I watched a fight in it’s entirety, I was a sophomore in HS and bet $5 on the Cassius Clay - Liston fight. Won the $5 bucks.
C2XQ-7CWgAYEnud.jpg:small

Was a good fight. Hats off to Poirier. He hung in there and brought it in the 2nd round. Saw McGregor fight Kabib in Vegas. He got beat, but Kabib was an animal. This was different. McGregor didn't look himself yesterday. Much less energy and cockiness.

My favorite fighter was Lloyd dobbler. He was way ahead of his time!

ADVERTISEMENT