White privilege.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Again, it’s up to the individual, not the parents or community.
A child without parental guidance or love has virtually no chance. Studies have shown that children's brains are affected by lack of attention. This lawyer, Marilyn York, who represents fathers presents many statistics about how disadvantaged children are when they lack a father in the home.
"According to CDC statistics 90% of homeless children grew up in fatherless homes. 7:19 of video. 71% of school dropouts were raised in fatherless homes (7:40) 63% of minors who commit suicides grew up in fatherless homes (7:42) Also, children with involved fathers have stronger motor and cognitive skills, elevated mental and physical health and are more empathetic.(8:50)"

Here is one explanation of how lack of affection hurts children's brains. "The plight of Romania's orphans, brought to light with the fall of communism and the reign of dictator Nicolae Ceausescu in 1989, dramatically illustrated the effects severe emotional neglect may have on a child's development. Such deprivation, it turns out, has profound implications for a child's brain development, physical growth and long-term mental health." https://www.hellomotherhood.com/a-lack-of-affection-in-childhood-development-8143877.html

Last edited:

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
No, I didn’t say that. Some people are at a disadvantage, others have a head start. Yours is having 2 parents, others are having a big inheritance. You can’t choose your parents. But it’s up to the individual to play the hand that is dealt him. I thought you righties believed in pulling up yourself by your bootstraps. I guess not.
Does LeBron's kid have more or less privilege than your average white kid? The doors that have and will be opened are quite different.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Starting working when I was 8 years-old. (as a caddy) In the summer worked 6 days a week. Also, competed in junior tournament golf.

Related to this is the bogus issue of white appropriation of black culture. Maybe we ought to turn this around and tell black people they can't play basketball or golf because both were invented by white people.
Or use scientific advances invented by Whitey.

Reactions: dailybuck777

bdgan

May 29, 2008
A child without parental guidance or love has virtually no chance. Studies have shown that children's brains are affected by lack of attention. This lawyer, Marilyn York, who represents fathers presents many statistics about how disadvantaged children are when they lack a father in the home.

"According to CDC statistics 90% of homeless children grew up in fatherless homes. 7:19 of video. 71% of school dropouts were raised in fatherless homes (7:40) 63% of minors who commit suicides grew up in fatherless homes (7:42) Also, children with involved fathers have stronger motor and cognitive skills, elevated mental and physical health and are more empathetic.(8:50)"

Here is one explanation of how lack of affection hurts children's brains. "The plight of Romania's orphans, brought to light with the fall of communism and the reign of dictator Nicolae Ceausescu in 1989, dramatically illustrated the effects severe emotional neglect may have on a child's development. Such deprivation, it turns out, has profound implications for a child's brain development, physical growth and long-term mental health." https://www.hellomotherhood.com/a-lack-of-affection-in-childhood-development-8143877.html
Meanwhile libs support BLM, an organization that rejects the nuclear family.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
White privilege - If you're white and you're not dead, it's due to white privilege

White privilege - If you're a black millionaire and got a splinter, it's due to white privilege

Reactions: bourbon n blues

junior1

May 29, 2001
I’m white and I know what the advantages are. You are totally blind if you can’t see

I’m white and I know what the advantages are. You are totally blind if you can’t see them.
rhe term "white privilege" is too general to be meaningful. Sure there are white people who were born to privilege but there are millions that were born into poverty, broken families, with disabilities or other limiting factors.
At the same time, there are plenty of black americans who are born into families with much greater privilege than the vast majority of whites.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
I had forgotten to add you to the of "fine people". With this post of yours, thanks for reminding me!
Lol.....I think you need to revisit that topic. I'll give you the chance to figure out the flaw in your statement before I embarass you. In feeling generous today.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
No, I didn’t say that. Some people are at a disadvantage, others have a head start. Yours is having 2 parents, others are having a big inheritance. You can’t choose your parents. But it’s up to the individual to play the hand that is dealt him. I thought you righties believed in pulling up yourself by your bootstraps. I guess not.
That a couple of posts now where you admit you don't know shit about "righties". See a pattern here? May I suggest that you stop guessing, stop blathering about things you don't understand and listen and learn from others. That way, you won't appear to be so f'n dumb. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
Lol.....I think you need to revisit that topic. I'll give you the chance to figure out the flaw in your statement before I embarass you. In feeling generous today.
I hope that the post you are responding to was directed at me. I feel left out.