White privilege.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
I saw a black congresswoman go off on white privilege. She complained that she was a disadvantaged granddaughter of share cropper. Guess what? I'm also the grandson of sharecroppers. Give me a break.
Were we supposed to care that she is a “disadvantaged” granddaughter of a sharecropper? She is a member of Congress now, so I suppose her black privilege kicked in.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Add Hotshoe to that group of “fine people”🤣
Yeah, I'm the one like your buddies that mock folks religious beliefs, mock where they live, mock gays, and mock what folks do for a living. By all means, add me. Ffs. Get an original thought.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Add Hotshoe to that group of “fine people”🤣
And I've gotten my hands dirty my entire life. But by all means, show my privilege. If you libs couldn't spout bullsh&t regarding racism, you couldn't have a conversation. I'm a GD farrier. Show me my privilege.

Hey, I know, why don't you call me a Nazi like your buds do. That will sew it up nicely. Never mind my Father was in N Africa, got maleria, and went back in at St. Lo France. Jesus, the people you support here are absolute morons.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

pioneerlion83

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SouthernMD, by way of NJ and PSU
And I've gotten my hands dirty my entire life. But by all means, show my privilege. If you libs couldn't spout bullsh&t regarding racism, you couldn't have a conversation. I'm a GD farrier. Show me my privilege.

Hey, I know, why don't you call me a Nazi like your buds do. That will sew it up nicely. Never mind my Father was in N Africa, got maleria, and went back in at St. Lo France. Jesus, the people you support here are absolute morons.
Nah, not gonna call you a Nazi. Didn't expect the double response.
I am very glad you disavow yourself from folks that do spew nasty malicious takes, like bourbon n blues, WeR2026, and m.knox .

maypole

May 9, 2022

I know your hands are dirty, horse pucky. So daddy fought the nazis, what has that to do with your politics?

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

Starting working when I was 8 years-old. (as a caddy) In the summer worked 6 days a week. Also, competed in junior tournament golf.

Related to this is the bogus issue of white appropriation of black culture. Maybe we ought to turn this around and tell black people they can't play basketball or golf because both were invented by white people.

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
My grandparents were sharecroppers. My dad worked 2 blue collar jobs and didn't get home until midnight. He built our first home by himself.

Is that the white privilege I inherited?
It's all a very convenient justification for lack of achievement. Whitey gets everything handed to him in life and all others can't achieve success because whitey is a racist pig who doesn't want to share.

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
What does his daddy to do with his paying his dues? Most privilege is inherited.
Well, if you read the thread, it probably comes from the "daughter of a sharecropper" statement that appeared in the thread earlier.

maypole

May 9, 2022
Well let me explain.
If your dad worked 12 hours a day and still raised you, it has a lot to do with his dues.

If your dad lived off welfare and was home all day, that also has a lot to do with his dues.

LdN
His dues, not yours.

maypole

May 9, 2022
My grandparents were sharecroppers. My dad worked 2 blue collar jobs and didn't get home until midnight. He built our first home by himself.

Is that the white privilege I inherited?
Their dues, not yours. You don’t deserve anything based on others efforts.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Their dues, not yours. You don’t deserve anything based on others efforts.
I was probably 10 yrs old when I got my first bicycle. My dad found one somebody put in the junk and brought it home for me to rebuild. I don't recall if he paid for steel wool, inner tube, spray paint, and spokes or if I bought those things with my paper route money.

Is that my inherited privilege?

Last edited:

maypole

May 9, 2022
I was probably 10 yrs old when I got my first bicycle. My dad found one somebody put in the junk and brought it home for me to rebuild. I don't recall if he paid for steel wool, inner tube, spray paint, and spokes or if I bought those things with my paper route money.

Is that my inherited privilege?
Poor baby. I probably was poorer than you growing up. I know better than to claim others’ efforts for my own.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Poor baby. I probably was poorer than you growing up. I know better than to claim others’ efforts for my own.
Where did I claim others' efforts for my own?

You're the one who claimed that most privileges are inherited.

Reactions: bison13

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
His dues, not yours.
A major portion of most parents' motivation is to make life better for their children. If parents (say Asian parents as a good example) work like dogs to make life better for their children, then the Asian community deserves the relatively high economic standing it has. Same is true for white people if they are comparatively hard working. (think of dirt poor Southern Italians and coal miners for example) And, if on the other hand other communities generally don't take care of their children and would rather drink beer than spend time with their sons, then the economic disadvantages of those communities are the fault of the communities and not white people or Asian people.

maypole

May 9, 2022
A major portion of most parents' motivation is to make life better for their children. If parents (say Asian parents as a good example) work like dogs to make life better for their children, then the Asian community deserves the relatively high economic standing it has. Same is true for white people. And, if on the other hand other communities generally don't take care of their children and would rather drink beer than spend time with their sons, then the economic disadvantages of those communities are the fault of the communities and not white people or Asian people.
The individual’s efforts are what matter. You don’t get to choose your parents.
BTW, what do you mean by “other communities”? Again, it’s up to the individual, not the parents or community. I thought you righties at least understood individual responsibility, but I guess not.

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
BTW, what do you mean by “other communities”? Again, it’s up to the individual, not the parents or community. I thought you righties at least understood individual responsibility, but I guess not.
The individual's efforts are largely molded by parenting. Saw it all the time in my career. A child with 2 dedicated parents has a much higher chance of success than children without.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I’m white and I know what the advantages are. You are totally blind if you can’t see them.
What advantages
But if I'm successful you say that I inherited my privilege. You can't keep your story straight.

FWIW my privilege is that I grew up in a home with 2 parents who taught me about right from wrong, hard work, and personal responsibility. Not all kids have that advantage.

maypole

May 9, 2022
What advantages

But if I'm successful you say that I inherited my privilege. You can't keep your story straight.

FWIW my privilege is that I grew up in a home with 2 parents who taught me about right from wrong, hard work, and personal responsibility. Not all kids have that advantage.
No, I didn’t say that. Some people are at a disadvantage, others have a head start. Yours is having 2 parents, others are having a big inheritance. You can’t choose your parents. But it’s up to the individual to play the hand that is dealt him. I thought you righties believed in pulling up yourself by your bootstraps. I guess not.