Which Side Is Itching for a Civil War Again?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
LOL.... The majority of the left have lost their minds.....

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/which-side-is-itching-for-a-civil-war-again/

Back in 2014, then-New York governor Andrew Cuomo took it upon himself to decide who was and who wasn’t a New Yorker, and decreeing that those with certain political views should leave the state: “These extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”

Now, think about it: There’s a big step between, “Those who think differently from me are a bunch of idiots,” and, “Those who think differently from me are a bunch of idiots and they shouldn’t be allowed to live here.” And there’s another big step between some random schmuck’s running around saying that people of certain beliefs have no place in their home state, and the governor’s declaring that people with certain beliefs have no place in his state.

Andrew Cuomo eventually made his sterling character, sensitive touch, good judgment, and keen wisdom abundantly clear. And Cuomo’s replacement, Kathy Hochul, apparently shares the same outlook. On Monday, she declared at a campaign rally, “And we are here to say that the era of Trump, and Zeldin and Molinaro, just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong, okay? Get out of town. Because you do not represent our values. You are not New Yorkers.”

Once again, the governor believes she has the moral, if not legal, authority to declare who is and who is not a New Yorker; in her mind, your status as an authentic New Yorker is proven by certain “values,” not a place of residence in the state. (If only she applied the same litmus test to state taxes: “Your honor, I am exempt from paying New York state taxes because the governor herself decreed I am not a New Yorker.”)

Keep in mind, Hochul’s opponent, Lee Zeldin, was physically attacked by a man with a knife, shortly after her campaign called upon supporters to “stalk” Zeldin. Maybe she meant he should get out of New York because he’s not safe there as long as she remains governor.

Indeed, with sterling past leadership such as Eliot Spitzer, Eric Schneiderman, Anthony Weiner, and Cuomo, who wouldn’t want to be a New York Democrat? Their leadership over the past two decades has been so corrupt, sordid, and shameless, that any movie made about the state party would have to be directed by Roman Polanski.

Meanwhile, on Wednesday, newly nominated Florida Democratic gubernatorial nominee Charlie Crist said of past supporters of Ron DeSantis, “Those who support the governor should stay with him. I don’t want your vote. If you have that hate in your heart, keep it there.” Apparently, Crist isn’t interested in earning the votes of the 4,076,186 Floridians who voted for DeSantis in 2018, or the 54 percent of Floridians who currently approve of the job DeSantis is doing.

Are you starting to see a pattern here? Hillary Clinton’s “basket of deplorables” crossed a key moral threshold. For most of modern history, political candidates denounced other political candidates. “Don’t vote for the other guy. He’s a crook, an extremist, a lunatic, a moron, etc.” But Hillary’s comment was a denunciation of voters who supported the other guy: “If you support my opponent, you’re a crook, extremist, lunatic, moron, etc.” Until then, candidates had typically refrained from denouncing their opponents’ supporters, on the theory that you should never willingly cede potential votes.

bdgan

May 29, 2008

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/which-side-is-itching-for-a-civil-war-again/

Back in 2014, then-New York governor Andrew Cuomo took it upon himself to decide who was and who wasn’t a New Yorker, and decreeing that those with certain political views should leave the state: “These extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”

Now, think about it: There’s a big step between, “Those who think differently from me are a bunch of idiots,” and, “Those who think differently from me are a bunch of idiots and they shouldn’t be allowed to live here.” And there’s another big step between some random schmuck’s running around saying that people of certain beliefs have no place in their home state, and the governor’s declaring that people with certain beliefs have no place in his state.

Andrew Cuomo eventually made his sterling character, sensitive touch, good judgment, and keen wisdom abundantly clear. And Cuomo’s replacement, Kathy Hochul, apparently shares the same outlook. On Monday, she declared at a campaign rally, “And we are here to say that the era of Trump, and Zeldin and Molinaro, just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong, okay? Get out of town. Because you do not represent our values. You are not New Yorkers.”

Once again, the governor believes she has the moral, if not legal, authority to declare who is and who is not a New Yorker; in her mind, your status as an authentic New Yorker is proven by certain “values,” not a place of residence in the state. (If only she applied the same litmus test to state taxes: “Your honor, I am exempt from paying New York state taxes because the governor herself decreed I am not a New Yorker.”)

Keep in mind, Hochul’s opponent, Lee Zeldin, was physically attacked by a man with a knife, shortly after her campaign called upon supporters to “stalk” Zeldin. Maybe she meant he should get out of New York because he’s not safe there as long as she remains governor.

Indeed, with sterling past leadership such as Eliot Spitzer, Eric Schneiderman, Anthony Weiner, and Cuomo, who wouldn’t want to be a New York Democrat? Their leadership over the past two decades has been so corrupt, sordid, and shameless, that any movie made about the state party would have to be directed by Roman Polanski.

Meanwhile, on Wednesday, newly nominated Florida Democratic gubernatorial nominee Charlie Crist said of past supporters of Ron DeSantis, “Those who support the governor should stay with him. I don’t want your vote. If you have that hate in your heart, keep it there.” Apparently, Crist isn’t interested in earning the votes of the 4,076,186 Floridians who voted for DeSantis in 2018, or the 54 percent of Floridians who currently approve of the job DeSantis is doing.

Are you starting to see a pattern here? Hillary Clinton’s “basket of deplorables” crossed a key moral threshold. For most of modern history, political candidates denounced other political candidates. “Don’t vote for the other guy. He’s a crook, an extremist, a lunatic, a moron, etc.” But Hillary’s comment was a denunciation of voters who supported the other guy: “If you support my opponent, you’re a crook, extremist, lunatic, moron, etc.” Until then, candidates had typically refrained from denouncing their opponents’ supporters, on the theory that you should never willingly cede potential votes.
Didn't Biden say Romey would put black people back in chains?

Just yesterday Biden called MAGA people semi-fascists.

Yesterday a Colorado Democrat said people will lose their right to vote if republicans win.

Both parties lie but democrats lie a lot more. They suppress free speech a lot more. They're more effective politicians but they're immoral as hell.

indynittany

Feb 21, 2005

Yesterday a Colorado Democrat said people will lose their right to vote if republicans win.

Both parties lie but democrats lie a lot more. They suppress free speech a lot more. They're more effective politicians but they're immoral as hell.
Effective isn't the word I would choose.

Reactions: dailybuck777

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

They are immoral and don't give a shit. They are committed to being immoral.

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003

NASA hating street gang.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

Unfortunately, deplorable’s don’t have any F-15’s to use if they are attacked by deep state thugs.

Reactions: m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Reactions: psuted

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Dems only give a shit about themselves. Screw everyone else. Hell, Thomas Sowell wrote a book about it.
I don't follow what you or Sowell think. I want ALL AMERICANS to do better economically. You're sick in the head for saying Dems only give a shit about themselves. You are sick in the head.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I don't follow what you or Sowell think. I want ALL AMERICANS to do better economically. You're sick in the head for saying Dems only give a shit about themselves. You are sick in the head.

You should follow what Sowell thinks. One of the most brilliant minds around. Dems only give a shit about their own feelings.

If you want ALL AMERICANS to do better, then you should endorse what Trump did to lift ALL AMERICANS.

It’s Official: Trump Unleashed A Middle-Class Boom That Benefited Women, Minorities Most​

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/09/...ss-boom-that-benefited-women-minorities-most/

rll1957

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Unfortunately, deplorable’s don’t have any F-15’s to use if they are attacked by deep state thugs.
Don’t need them we’re not stupid enough the fight the government our neighbors announce their presence. That’s the enemy

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
dumb response

we're the party of the people, dumbshit.

LOL... You are the party of your ideas............. Selfish ideology. Self congratulations.

You are far from the party of the people. The party of the WHITE LIBERAL ELITISTS, maybe.............

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
LOL... You are the party of your ideas............. Selfish ideology. Self congratulations.

You are far from the party of the people. The party of the WHITE LIBERAL ELITISTS, maybe.............

? The Republican Party represents niche special interests and Christian nationalism.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
Try that without eating......................

F'ing elitist......
strange thing to say, that a 70% share of gdp defines who the country "belongs to"

also, there are infinite different geographic ways that you could slice up the country to arrive at 70% GDP

so it does not even make sense

Reactions: m.knox and bison13

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
strange thing to say, that a 70% share of gdp defines who the country "belongs to"

also, there are infinite different geographic ways that you could slice up the country to arrive at 70% GDP

so it does not even make sense

It goes to demonstrate the elitism and arrogance of today's left.

Vile human beings.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
It goes to demonstrate the elitism and arrogance of today's left.

Vile human beings.
actually most of them are nice people but they believe some very ridiculous things. they are true believers

the number of terrible people is small and they are spread across all different political sides

Reactions: m.knox