ADVERTISEMENT

Which of these other games are you interested in tomorrow?

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
Some affect PSU from strength of schedule considerations. Some are thorns in PSU side so far as recruiting is concerned. I am pulling for TX, MD, MSU, Auburn (for both reasons), FSU, MI (tough one), VTech all the way, and AL (gotta bring Elijah Robinson home somehow. He is a hell of a recruiter for A & M).

1) TX at OK

2) MD at OSU

3) MSU at Rutgers

4) GA at Auburn

5) FSU at UNC

6) MI at Neb

7) ND at VTech

8) AL at TAMU

Some affect PSU from strength of schedule considerations. Some are thorns in PSU side so far as recruiting is concerned. I am pulling for TX, MD, MSU, Auburn (for both reasons), FSU, MI (tough one), VTech all the way, and AL (gotta bring Elijah Robinson home somehow. He is a hell of a recruiter for A & M).

1) TX at OK

2) MD at OSU

3) MSU at Rutgers

4) GA at Auburn

5) FSU at UNC

6) MI at Neb

7) ND at VTech

8) AL at TAMU
How about UK v LSU

if Auburn could somehow find it in their hearts to keep it close with Georgia I would be very pleased

this was my exact thought. If Auburn hangs with Georgia and we beat Iowa - playoff resume will be looking stellar.

Believe it or not the MSU vs Rutgers game. Never in my entire life did I think I would ever say that.
Playing an undefeated MI or MSU will do wonders for our cred. We also do a lot of recruiting in both NJ and MI.

1) TX at OK

2) MD at OSU

3) MSU at Rutgers

4) GA at Auburn

5) FSU at UNC

6) MI at Neb

7) ND at VTech

8) AL at TAMU
Mich & Neb. Neb gave Okla a game and could finally be improving. Besides, it's always fun to see Mich lose.

GA will kill Auburn. Maybe VT has a shot at ND.

1) TX at OK

2) MD at OSU

3) MSU at Rutgers

4) GA at Auburn

5) FSU at UNC

6) MI at Neb

7) ND at VTech

8) AL at TAMU
Don't really care about TX or OK it just doesn't mean much out side of TX and OK.
MD at OSU could be interesting.
MSU should have no problem with RU
GA at Auburn is interesting just to see where AU stands.
FSU...LMAO
MI at NEB is probably the one I'll check out. Just to see what Michy is doing and NEB did look better but I think NW is really bad.
ND at VT alway look in to see if ND is losing.
TAMU and their coach are sooo over rated.

UGA vs Auburn, Auburn wins and PSU takes care of business vs Iowa- PSU will be No 2 team in land come Sunday.

Don't really care about TX or OK it just doesn't mean much out side of TX and OK.
MD at OSU could be interesting.
MSU should have no problem with RU
GA at Auburn is interesting just to see where AU stands.
FSU...LMAO
MI at NEB is probably the one I'll check out. Just to see what Michy is doing and NEB did look better but I think NW is really bad.
ND at VT alway look in to see if ND is losing.
TAMU and their coach are sooo over rated.
TX vs OU winner will be worshipped for at least another week, despite both being highly beatable. Hook ‘em!

Last edited:
Reactions: 19333lion
PSU v Iowa and nothing else. I really could care less but probably Auburn, just to see how their athleticism compares to GA.

None of the noon games interest me. I'll be watching Penn State at 4:00 but also following the ticker to see how Auburn is doing. UM @ Nebraska will tell us more about the recent success of each. ND @ VT could be a letdown game for the Irish. The VT crowd will be pumped.

1) TX at OK

2) MD at OSU

3) MSU at Rutgers

4) GA at Auburn

5) FSU at UNC

6) MI at Neb

7) ND at VTech

8) AL at TAMU
"Some affect PSU from strength of schedule considerations."

SOS - this is college football, not college basketball, so SOS is absolutely meaningless when the rubber meets the road.

Here is how the CFP invitational works:

0 losses - you are automatically in unless you are a G5 school.
1 loss and a P5 conference champion - you are also in.
1 loss and you are a SEC school - you are probably in.
2 losses - you are out, but still under consideration if you are a SEC school.

Also, if you want to maximize PSU's chances to win the Big10 conference champion, you want every Big10 East team to lose every time they play a non Big10 East team. You also want the "favorite" from the Big10 East head to head matchups to lose. So, your proper cheering guide this weekend would be:

MD
Rutgers
Neb

Finally, I expect VT to knock off ND.

Reactions: bison13
"Some affect PSU from strength of schedule considerations."

SOS - this is college football, not college basketball, so SOS is absolutely meaningless when the rubber meets the road.

Here is how the CFP invitational works:

0 losses - you are automatically in unless you are a G5 school.
1 loss and a P5 conference champion - you are also in.
1 loss and you are a SEC school - you are probably in.
2 losses - you are out, but still under consideration if you are a SEC school.

Also, if you want to maximize PSU's chances to win the Big10 conference champion, you want every Big10 East team to lose every time they play a non Big10 East team. You also want the "favorite" from the Big10 East head to head matchups to lose. So, your proper cheering guide this weekend would be:

MD
Rutgers
Neb

Finally, I expect VT to knock off ND.
As we all know, tOSU has already made it without fitting the definitions defined above, so more options are possible.

In a perfect world, Auburn would beat UGA and the B1G East favorites listed would lose. That said, one more realistic scenario might involve UM winning often to potentially create a 3-way 1 conference loss tie in the B1G East with PSU and tOSU where the home team wins each game.

Let’s see how tomorrow turns out before having to start looking at all possible positive scenarios.

As we all know, tOSU has already made it without fitting the definitions defined above, so more options are possible.

In a perfect world, Auburn would beat UGA and the B1G East favorites listed would lose. That said, one more realistic scenario might involve UM winning often to potentially create a 3-way 1 conference loss tie in the B1G East with PSU and tOSU where the home team wins each game.

Let’s see how tomorrow turns out before having to start looking at all possible positive scenarios.
who doesn't like a good 3-way

Mich & Neb. Neb gave Okla a game and could finally be improving. Besides, it's always fun to see Mich lose.

GA will kill Auburn. Maybe VT has a shot at ND.
I want MIchigan to win and be unbeaten when they come to Happy Valley! Hey, we have no cakewalk. At Iowa today, home with Illinois (easy?), at Ohio State, and at Maryland. That visit to Maryland scares me. We need to continue the Penn State Way, one game at a time, with our opponent being our RIVAL! Like, back in the independent days.

I want MIchigan to win and be unbeaten when they come to Happy Valley! Hey, we have no cakewalk. At Iowa today, home with Illinois (easy?), at Ohio State, and at Maryland. That visit to Maryland scares me. We need to continue the Penn State Way, one game at a time, with our opponent being our RIVAL! Like, back in the independent days.
"I want MIchigan to win and be unbeaten when they come to Happy Valley!"

Not if you want to maximize PSU's chances to get to the conference championship game. Do people understand how the system works? The division champion is the team with the fewest conference losses. It doesn't matter who those losses come from ... if PSU finishes with one conference loss and everybody else in the division finishes with 2 conference losses, PSU is going to the conference championship game and it doesn't matter one bit who lost to who during the year.

Likewise, if one or more teams finish with the same amount of conference losses, then the first tie breaker is head to head. So, if Michigan comes to PSU unbeaten and PSU loses to them, then Michigan essentially has a 2 game lead over PSU in the division race.

The best chance for PSU to make it to the conference championship game is for every other Big10 East team to lose on every single weekend. Obviously, that can't happen when they are playing head to head, at which time we always want the underdog to win (i.e MD beat OSU or Rutgers to beat Michigan, etc etc).

Not if you want to maximize PSU's chances to get to the conference championship game. Do people understand how the system works? The division champion is the team with the fewest conference losses. It doesn't matter who those losses come from ... if PSU finishes with one conference loss and everybody else in the division finishes with 2 conference losses, PSU is going to the conference championship game and it doesn't matter one bit who lost to who during the year.

Likewise, if one or more teams finish with the same amount of conference losses, then the first tie breaker is head to head. So, if Michigan comes to PSU unbeaten and PSU loses to them, then Michigan essentially has a 2 game lead over PSU in the division race.

The best chance for PSU to make it to the conference championship game is for every other Big10 East team to lose on every single weekend. Obviously, that can't happen when they are playing head to head, at which time we always want the underdog to win (i.e MD beat OSU or Rutgers to beat Michigan, etc etc).
I prefer games that mean something at the time they are played. I have to admit that anytime OSU loses is a good time for them to lose. Everyone else, let them have the best possible record when they play PSU.

OK has been getting some recruit from our recruiting footprint. Therefore, I am pulling for TX, although I have no love for the Longhorns. I always want ND to lose and am a big VT fan today. Pulling for Auburn for two reasons: GA is ahead of us and they are a recruiting PIA. I want A & M to lose for the same reason. We can't be losing local kids to that cult.

1) TX at OK

2) MD at OSU

3) MSU at Rutgers

4) GA at Auburn

5) FSU at UNC

6) MI at Neb

7) ND at VTech

8) AL at TAMU
How about undefeated Wyo and Air Force baby.. If Kneebraska gets Michigan, Frost might have truly turned the corner..

The polls count too! Don't forget that!
Any time we can beat an unbeaten team, that keeps us in the top 4 of the polls. Losing once, or twice, but winning the conference championship won't necessarily get you to the playoffs. Remember that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT