ADVERTISEMENT

Where was Stephens

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
Cost me a few beers...I predicted he would throw a pass out of the formation PSU was using him in...did he even play?

Said this in the game thread. We show the Stevens package in the early games when we didn't need it and then when the offense could have used a jolt last night, especially in the red zone, nothing. Just weird. Unless he's injured or was suspended for some reason, it really defies explanation.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
Said this in the game thread. We show the Stevens package in the early games when we didn't need it and then when the offense could have used a jolt last night, especially in the red zone, nothing. Just weird. Unless he's injured or was suspended for some reason, it really defies explanation.

I saw him celebrating with McSorley after the game, so I suspect he's fine.

He was in uniform so I don't think he was suspended. He was celebrating with trace so I don't suspect he was hurt. But that wrinkle would have been a nice addition.

If Moorhead goes, then Stevens follows.

if Stevens graduates, he could grad transfer with 2 years somewhere that can use him. If TS does not graduate next May, then i cant see him transfer and losing a year. that would seem to be a huge risk.

If Trace goes to the draft next spring (he is a senior in school with 1 more year available if he wants it), then TS stays. IF Trace decides to take his 5th year and go to grad school at PSU, and TS graduates next May, then TS would probably maximize his situation by doing the grad transfer. IF TS does not graduate next May, it doesnt benefit TS to transfer even if TM decides to take a 5th year. I assume that TM will move to the NFL draft along with SB and MG next spring. a 3rd year of play wont make him anymore ready for the NFL draft.

much of this depends on whether a player sees themselves as an NFL player. If TS sees himself as an NFL player then he will need to think of himself first next spring.

My tin foil hat explanation for Stevens not playing is that maybe he had some concussion symptoms during the week from that hit on his TD throw against GS.
I know it doesn't make sense that he would have traveled, but maybe the symptoms were mild, but enough to hold him out.
Probably wrong, but I would assume tomorrow someone will ask Franklin why TS didn't play

ADVERTISEMENT