ADVERTISEMENT

Where is RoarLions1?

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Hasn’t posted in about a month. I hope the Dean/Eminence Grise of the Board is okay. Don’t want to sound morbid, but The Glov thread triggered me.

Reactions: hlstone
old-old-people.gif

I took notice that Roar has not posted since May 20th. I don't check forum much in summer.
Any update on his non presence. Hope he's ok.

He just posted a celebration of his wedding anniversary on FB so I'm sure he's fine.
He prefers to avoid the off-season crapola we revel in.
Thanks, I do not participate in any other social media except this forum and once in a while the PSU football forum. I assume FB is Facebook.
Thanks for update.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82bordeaux
Can you fill me in. No idea what you're talking about.
TheGLOV was a Long-time poster going back to the McAndrew board. Loved the Pirates, Steelers, UNC basketball.

Passed away earlier this year; from stories from other posters and his obit, he was a traveling high school Civics/History/Social Studies teacher who did a lot of work in Native American communities.

Well-Known Member · From Gallup NM. Las Vegas NV. McKees Rocks, Pa. Wyoming
Joined Mar 20, 2005
Last seen May 25, 2022

TheGLOV was a Long-time poster going back to the McAndrew board. Loved the Pirates, Steelers, UNC basketball.

Passed away earlier this year; from stories from other posters and his obit, he was a traveling high school Civics/History/Social Studies teacher who did a lot of work in Native American communities.

Well-Known Member · From Gallup NM. Las Vegas NV. McKees Rocks, Pa. Wyoming
Joined Mar 20, 2005
Last seen May 25, 2022
Thank you. Sad to hear.

So it sounds like Roar is enjoying some quality time with family and friends. Good to hear.

That said, he is missing perhaps the best off-season of gifery, memes, and wisecracks this board has ever seen. I think we’ve outdone ourselves this summer and shown there are levels to this serious message board business

So it sounds like Roar is enjoying some quality time with family and friends. Good to hear.

That said, he is missing perhaps the best off-season of gifery, memes, and wisecracks this board has ever seen. I think we’ve outdone ourselves this summer and shown there are levels to this serious message board business
Is Roar the one that does the annual write up for every weight around Nationals?

If so, those are a must read for me every year. He’s usually spot on too.

And he’s often right when he tells one of us we are acting like children and need to clean the chalkboard and clap the erasers in detention
Huh? I was giving him an earnest compliment. He does a great job on those.

I’m not sure what erasers, chalkboard, or children have to do with this.

Huh? I was giving him an earnest compliment. He does a great job on those.

I’m not sure what erasers, chalkboard, or children have to do with this.
As I said in the OP, he is the learned elder of this board. In that vein, another skill he possesses - besides providing his excellent Nationals write ups - is keeping us knuckleheads in line.

I may be just about to enjoy reduced price movie tickets - and long ago received my free tote bag from the AARP, but I still can display the maturity level of a 15 year old. Hell, I’ll be laughing at South Park when I’m 80.

Besides being immature - and reveling in it - I often am guilty of non-sequitors when posting, so I may have confused you with the erasers and such.

As I said in the OP, he is the learned elder of this board. In that vein, another skill he possesses - besides providing his excellent Nationals write ups - is keeping us knuckleheads in line.

I may be just about to enjoy reduced price movie tickets - and long ago received my free tote bag from the AARP, but I still can display the maturity level of a 15 year old. Hell, I’ll be laughing at South Park when I’m 80.

Besides being immature - and reveling in it - I often am guilty of non-sequitors when posting, so I may have confused you with the erasers and such.
Stay gold ponyboy

Now that’s a damn good post! Never grow up, those that do seem to dislike it very much. Revel away I say!

Just once, I would love for Roar to not be the completely calm voice of reason in the midst of all our rants and drivel.
I only got flagged once on site. Not sure who was responsible. I posted some vague inside knowledge on Suriano. I got the equivalent of a yellow card. I posted a little more info to collaborate what I knew. I got a red card. The whole post got removed.

LOL THIS ^^^^^^
Do you think Roar will play catch up and read all these threads when he comes back or just start new and act like nothing ever happened.
BtW did Wrestler in TN ever get whipped under that bridge??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT