ADVERTISEMENT

Where does Saquon Barkley's performance tonight rank compared to all other?

Shelley Hammonds vs BC was better because it was so unexpected.

Hmmmm. Interesting.

Saquon and Shelly Hammonds being mentioned together.... with Hammonds' performance getting the nod over Saquon's! Talk about being so unexpected! :) By transitive property, Hammonds is no. 1 in all-time one-game PSU RB performance? Or is Saquon way down the list somewhere? Top dozen or so?

Hammonds had himself a day back in 1991(?) vs. BC. Very memorable, great job by him, no doubt. And he was probably a better DB than Saquon would be, so there's that.

Can we get an Aric Hefflewhoever shout-out too? Another unexpected performance. ;)

Just having some fun. Your post brought back a fond memory from long ago.

Reactions: psu7113 and 91Joe95
Has Barkley himself had a better game in his Penn State Career? Have there been any other games by a running back that have been as impressive? How about passing performances from a QB? A great performance by a defensive player?

It was pretty good. I'd have liked to have seen him complete a pass though.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Just how high did Saquon go when he hurdled the Iowa defender? wow

23476392-mmmain.jpg

The only two performances that I can think of that got surpassed by this performance tonite was Zack Mills in the 324 game and LJ vs. Indiana and Michigan State in 2002.

I saw LJ break the single game rushing record at Indiana from the stands with about 12,000 people there and that game does not hold a candle to this one. Indiana was outmanned and LJ had some huge holes where he picked up big yards. The number of times Barkley turned 2 yards into 8 and -2 into 5 was just incredible. I have not, and I don't think I ever will, see a performance like that again (unless its Barkley again).

I have seen countless people say Barkley is best RB they ever seen. I’m sure these people haven’t seen Barry Sanders play in college but Barkley is at his level.

I saw LJ break the single game rushing record at Indiana from the stands with about 12,000 people there and that game does not hold a candle to this one. Indiana was outmanned and LJ had some huge holes where he picked up big yards. The number of times Barkley turned 2 yards into 8 and -2 into 5 was just incredible. I have not, and I don't think I ever will, see a performance like that again (unless its Barkley again).
Both LJ during his huge year and Ki Jana in 1994 had massive holes to run through - almost unfair. They didn't consistently make something out of nothing like Barkley.

I've never seen anybody play a game like Barkley did on Saturday night. Saquon Barkley is something else entirely when talking about football. I don't know how anybody could watch that game and not walk away believing he is the best player in CFB by a mile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT