ADVERTISEMENT

Where does Nassib-Zettel-Johnson-Sickels rank on your all-time PSU DL list?

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Their productivity is eclipsed only by their leadership. What a mark these guys are leaving on our program. Wish we could keep 'em forever.

Carl-Nassib.png
pieee.0.gif

They still have three more games to put together a timeless group shot like this:
2414699477_b9dde1fd62_o.jpg

They are very solid without doubt. With that said the competition they have faced this year with the exception a couple of teams has been well below that of some of the past great defensive units at PSU. I would put them in top 10 - but there have been some great D lines at PSU over the years. This current unit could still do some great things to finish up the season and better solidify themselves as one of PSU's best. We will see.

The starting DL as a whole has 43 TFL this season. That's more then a lot of teams have combined with all their defensive players. They are one of best DL I seen at PSU at disrupting plays in back field.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Their productivity is eclipsed only by their leadership. What a mark these guys are leaving on our program. Wish we could keep 'em forever.

Carl-Nassib.png
pieee.0.gif

They still have three more games to put together a timeless group shot like this:
2414699477_b9dde1fd62_o.jpg
I rank them in the top 5 for defensing a drop back QB and traditional running game. Not so much against an option team with a mobile QB and multiple options coming out of the back field.

I would say in the top 3 or 4. '69 and '79 were very good.

There were a lot of great foursomes in the past 60 years especially. Some real old-timers may be to enlighten us about some other great PSU defensive lines.

ADVERTISEMENT