ADVERTISEMENT

Where did Tyler Warren come from?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
No stats until yesterday. Caught a pass from Dotson and scored on wildcat (we won't talk about the second attempt).

The pass from Dotson was a surprise but no way would I expect it to go to a backup TE with no career catches.

And when was the last time PSU had a RS freshman take a snap from the wildcat?

No stats until yesterday. Caught a pass from Dotson and scored on wildcat (we won't talk about the second attempt).

The pass from Dotson was a surprise but no way would I expect it to go to a backup TE with no career catches.

When a man and a woman love each other, they may engage in what is called intercourse.

Warren looks very athletic for his size, he has some shake and stick your foot in the dirt change of direction.

I don't remember the thread, but at some point somebody here asked the question about Warren possibly taking snaps at QB if injuries mounted and such.

Then Yurcich goes and blows everybody's minds when nobody lines up at QB... And Warren motions in to take the snap.

Brilliant design. Creative call.

Lots of brilliant calls last night. A few bad ones should be expected. No one bats 1000.

The first time we lined up Warren in the wild cat Auburn was just confused. The second time I was expecting a twist. Did not happen and he got stuffed. We were not going to push Auburn off the line, and at that point they were expecting Warren to run the ball.

We will learn from it.

We will also learn when and how to use the QB sneak. Watching that 4th down play, with his ultra-low stance, Clifford told the defense that he was going to sneak it. At that point in the game perhaps we did not realize that Auburn could dominate the LOS in the run game. It was a long yard, maybe 2. Very risky.

Other than just 2 or 3 plays, Yurcich largely called a brilliant game last night that kept the defense guessing. It was refreshing to see for a Penn State team.

The first time we lined up Warren in the wild cat Auburn was just confused. The second time I was expecting a twist. Did not happen and he got stuffed. We were not going to push Auburn off the line, and at that point they were expecting Warren to run the ball.

I think they were supposed to throw the ball to Strange on that second usage, but Auburn covered it well. Going off memory, we had a hole behind C and RG had Warren just plowed ahead. But that was there because the initial flow went left.

Reactions: acg116
I don't remember the thread, but at some point somebody here asked the question about Warren possibly taking snaps at QB if injuries mounted and such.

Then Yurcich goes and blows everybody's minds when nobody lines up at QB... And Warren motions in to take the snap.

I believe he played QB in high school. I think Franklin said the second play at goal line with him was a designed pass but it was covered.

Lots of brilliant calls last night. A few bad ones should be expected. No one bats 1000.

We will learn from it.

We will also learn when and how to use the QB sneak. Watching that 4th down play, with his ultra-low stance, Clifford told the defense that he was going to sneak it. At that point in the game perhaps we did not realize that Auburn could dominate the LOS in the run game. It was a long yard, maybe 2. Very risky.

Other than just 2 or 3 plays, Yurcich largely called a brilliant game last night that kept the defense guessing. It was refreshing to see for a Penn State team.
Designed pass i think per CJF in post game press conference.

Krypton... The husky part :)

After the TD run on his first appearance, I’d love to have seen him fake a run up the middle, stop and toss it to an uncovered TE in the back of the end zone.

IMHO AN EASY TD!

After the TD run on his first appearance, I’d love to have seen him fake a run up the middle, stop and toss it to an uncovered TE in the back of the end zone.

IMHO AN EASY TD!
Jeez, if you can guarantee an uncovered receiver, almost every play is an easy TD!

We will learn from it.

We need to back to look at how BOB ran the QB sneak ...we were almost always successful and it wasn't because we had a dominant line.

His roster bio shows quite a pedigree.

He could do the same... except Jump Pass to the other tight end or receiver...similar to Tebow. He takes one step to the line of scrimmage and passed it to the end zone...

This is as good a group of TE’s as we have ever had. Glad Yurcich is doing what he can to get the most out their abilities.
BOB must have extreme jealousy for our TE group.

This is as good a group of TE’s as we have ever had. Glad Yurcich is doing what he can to get the most out their abilities.
BOB must have extreme jealousy for our TE group.

BOB has two similar to our guys, but they run a touch faster.

I'm old enough to remember when Franklin defended never taking a snap from under center, even when taking a knee. That's suddenly changed.

I’d rather have a coach who can adapt over time vs one too stubborn to make changes.

Reactions: CbusLion10

I told you guys Yurcich reads these boards!

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841

The kid can also play baseball. The Mets were looking to draft him

Sean McHugh with wiggle.

He was a good high school QB here in the Richmond, VA area. Was also a pretty darn good basketball player.

Brooks, B Smith and Beamon all from this area. Michael Robinson knows all these guys!

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
That’s not very old, IMHO. Old is remembering single platoon football. BTW, anybody remember the first game JVP used the shovel pass, the wildcat and shotgun? QB? Opponent?

Pretty sure it was Rashard Casey.

Don't recall the team. Was it a directional Louisiana team?

ADVERTISEMENT