ADVERTISEMENT

Where are my Herbstreit lovers?

Oklahoma gave up 41 points to an 0-4 Baylor team, doesn't drop them.

Don't get that at all. Oklahoma won 48-41 over winless Baylor (0-4). Clemson was tied with Boston College 7-7 in the 4th quarter at Clemson. But he drops Penn State for digging out a win in Iowa City which he had been promoting all week as a very tough place to play and giant killer stadium at night?

Frankly, it goes to show you that the 'eye test' is basically how many points did you score? Struggle with inferior teams but win 48-41- all he sees is you scored 48. Struggle with lowly BC but score several garbage time TDs to make the score better- all he sees is 34 points. Only score 21?- you're being dropped.

I'm still a fan of Herbie. It would be great if everyone thought that Penn State was the best team, but we haven't been contending on the national scene long enough (just second half of last year and this year) for everyone to give us the benefit of the doubt. Just because Herbie's opinion disagrees with ours doesn't mean that he is out to get or is biased against Penn State.

Who cares? It's anybody's guess this early in the season.

Oklahoma has a signature beat down of OSU.
TCU just beat an Oklahoma State team that hung 49 pts on Pitt by halftime.

I'd put PSU in there but it would be difficult to argue that those teams don't belong in the top 4. There's a lot of football still to be played.

tumblr_lvwy27pnqm1qbiz5t.gif

I'm still a fan of Herbie. It would be great if everyone thought that Penn State was the best team, but we haven't been contending on the national scene long enough (just second half of last year and this year) for everyone to give us the benefit of the doubt. Just because Herbie's opinion disagrees with ours doesn't mean that he is out to get or is biased against Penn State.

Dude - he's clearly anti-Penn State when it will benefit Ohio State. He's also just generally full of sh*t. Said our student section was 'half empty' before the half last year against OSU (when it clearly wasn't) and then turns around and says we have the 'best student section in the country' before the first game this year. He butters up Penn State fans with that kind of crap (will also say Barkley is the best player in football, etc.) so we give him a pass when it matters (OSU passes the eye test fellas!). C'mon.

TxMf5.gif

I think Herbstreit's head would explode if a Buckeye did what Barkley did.

It is funny reminiscing about Buckeye fan after week 1 saying Dobbins and Webber were better than SB.

He is lobbying for scenarios that put OSU in the playoff if they can win the Big Ten. Oklahoma plays TCU in Norman. Herbstreit knows that OSU is seriously in the hole unless Oklahoma appears to be the greatest team in the world; then, the OSU loss to Oklahoma is not so bad. Oklahoma was not so impressive against Baylor, so Herbstreit pumps up a future opponent. He will talk down PSU and Michigan as long as they are undefeated, to try and establish that Ohio State's one-loss is even more impressive than anything anyone in the B1G has done.

He is lobbying for scenarios that put OSU in the playoff if they can win the Big Ten. Oklahoma plays TCU in Norman. Herbstreit knows that OSU is seriously in the hole unless Oklahoma appears to be the greatest team in the world; then, the OSU loss to Oklahoma is not so bad. Oklahoma was not so impressive against Baylor, so Herbstreit pumps up a future opponent. He will talk down PSU and Michigan as long as they are undefeated, to try and establish that Ohio State's one-loss is even more impressive than anything anyone in the B1G has done.

OSU now out of the top 10 in the latest AP.

Herbie not happy

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Exactly....then if OSU beats PSU or UM, those will suddenly be unbelievably difficult opponents that OSU managed to scrap out a victory against.

Reactions: ram2020
OSU now out of the top 10 in the latest AP.

Herbie not happy
nope.

I think what Herbstreit fears is something I fully expect to happen. PSU and Michigan under Franklin/Harbaugh give Meyer more recruiting challenges than he cares to deal with and he moves on.

You must be new here.

Reactions: lionroar88
Baylor gave Oklahoma a better game than duhO$U did @ "The Shoe". LMAO, that's just a whole lotta bad 'ole Herbie has to cover up for!

How, and on what planet, is Oklahoma only beating 0-5 Baylor (0-4 coming in) by a single score wile giving up 41 points in Waco "better" or "more impressive" than PSU going into Kinnick Stadium (where Iowa had won its last 4 games against top 5 ranked teams including knocking off undefeated Michigan at the time last year) and giving previously undefeated Iowa their first loss of the season???

So here is the problem with Herbs, he is like the latest drug to hit the market in relation to PSU fans. It may fix your sniffles but side effects include, stomach pain, nausea, bleeding gums, hair loss, heartburn and rectal bleeding. HE says nice things about PSU when it serves his purpose and he placates Nittany nation. Talks up Barks all night and then drops this turd. He's an OSU homer thru and thru. It is what it is, just remember when shit comes out of his mouth to make sure you read the disclaimer on the back.

Don't get that at all. Oklahoma won 48-41 over winless Baylor (0-4). Clemson was tied with Boston College 7-7 in the 4th quarter at Clemson. But he drops Penn State for digging out a win in Iowa City which he had been promoting all week as a very tough place to play and giant killer stadium at night?

Frankly, it goes to show you that the 'eye test' is basically how many points did you score? Struggle with inferior teams but win 48-41- all he sees is you scored 48. Struggle with lowly BC but score several garbage time TDs to make the score better- all he sees is 34 points. Only score 21?- you're being dropped.

If Pitt fans have taught us anything, it's that points don't matter, it's only time of possession.

Reactions: psu00
You must be new here.
No, just not a believer in the overall media bias of that a person would risk credibility in their lucrative broadcasting and talking head career because of where they went to school

No, just not a believer in the overall media bias of that a person would risk credibility in their lucrative broadcasting and talking head career because of where they went to school

He wasn’t always like this. Used to be the best in the business. That changed a few years ago - right around the time the playoff was introduced. He knows what he says has influence - see the narrative he and others spun last year to get OSU in the playoff.

He wasn’t always like this. Used to be the best in the business. That changed a few years ago - right around the time the playoff was introduced. He knows what he says has influence - see the narrative he and others spun last year to get OSU in the playoff.
Take the tinfoil hat off...

Reactions: crayfish67

I don't agree. He's always been a shill. People here thought he was great because, for some reason, he was sort of a shill for PSU around 2005-2007. Probably because he thought that he or Ohio State would somehow benefit from it.

As I said last year with Smith on the inside and Herbestreit on the outside doesn't matter if they lose 2 games they will be in the playoff

Hahahahahaha, now Ranger Dan, you and I generally agree on things.

But that one - a media person worried about being exposed for bias - hahahahahaha.

Good one.

As I said last year with Smith on the inside and Herbestreit on the outside doesn't matter if they lose 2 games they will be in the playoff
They're going nowhere fast this year. I fully expect a mediocre B1G team to finish them off. that does not automatically mean we win in CBus, however.

Here is the good news. We can't be voted out like we could 20 years ago.

Win them all, and we are national champs. 98% probability.

Can we still get screwed if we lose one game? Sure. Is it better? Yes.

Would it be better still if we weren't in this lousy conference? Absolutely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT