ADVERTISEMENT

When will they get it...

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
I am all in with playing Auburn etc but...

Penn State and Notre Dame have faced off 19 times, resulting in nine wins for both sides and one tie. It's time for one side to take the lead. The Irish and Nittany Lions played a home and home every year from 1981-1992 and then rekindled the rivalry in 2006 and 2007, with each side winning the home game

Maybe I am missing something but I don't see how playing a barely relevant Notre Dame team is better than playing a decent SEC team.

Auburn zero times in CFP
ND twice 2018 and 2020

Maybe if we played Ga or Bama....
I would get it.

Maybe I am missing something but I don't see how playing a barely relevant Notre Dame team is better than playing a decent SEC team.

ND is also recruiting from within our footprint and doing it very well.

I'm not convinced that Freeman will be able to match Kelly as a coach (although he's a better recruiter), but ND is a better program than Auburn at the moment and will probably remain so. I don't see Bryan Harsin surviving there very long.

Now, if you compared ND to Texas A&M, sure. But Auburn is hardly relevant on the national stage.

IF ND is barely relevant now, what does that make PSU, because ND has accomplished much more than PSU has in the last four seasons?

I am all in with playing Auburn etc but...

Penn State and Notre Dame have faced off 19 times, resulting in nine wins for both sides and one tie. It's time for one side to take the lead. The Irish and Nittany Lions played a home and home every year from 1981-1992 and then rekindled the rivalry in 2006 and 2007, with each side winning the home game

I would so much rather face ND and eastern foes than random b-list sec teams

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
I would so much rather face ND and eastern foes than random b-list sec teams
SEC = 2 teams and pile of over rated shit teams especially since the 100 plus criminal complaint years at UF under Urban Sleazeball... Not that ND didn't go 0 fer 2 in the phoney CFP.
Lol

SEC = 2 teams and pile of over rated shit teams especially since the 100 plus criminal complaint years at UF under Urban Sleazeball... Not that ND didn't go 0 fer 2 in the phoney CFP.
Lol

The old ball coach built up quite a franchise at UF. Turned them into winners.

Meyer took over a solid program from Zook and benefitted from an over the hill FSU and Miami under sanctions.

Credit to Meyer, but it was hardly the same competition that Spurrier had when FSU was at it's peak.

In the end there's zero interest in playing Allbarn. Just labels us as a has been program. Allbarn is who we play in a bowl game when we have a bad season.

LdN

This is such a Pitt fan talking point. I'm the furthest thing from a rah-rah PSU fanboy, but your cutoff starts right after an 11-win season + NY6 bowl win. Last season was a disaster, no doubt, but the covid year was a total crapshoot.
Blah blah blah. 11-11 is 11-11.

The old ball coach built up quite a franchise at UF. Turned them into winners.

Meyer took over a solid program from Zook and benefitted from an over the hill FSU and Miami under sanctions.

Credit to Meyer, but it was hardly the same competition that Spurrier had when FSU was at it's peak.

In the end there's zero interest in playing Allbarn. Just labels us as a has been program. Allbarn is who we play in a bowl game when we have a bad season.

LdN
I guess you lived in Gainesville while Urban the Jerk Off had violent criminals in double digits that became fodder for exposes in the Orlando Sentinel... 7 assaults three rapes and 2 breaking and emterings that never made it to the courtroom were about averge per player.. Yeah Urb... he's a geniusog football as well as a builder of men of character no. I wouldn't have him as a roll of toilet paper in my RV. Figured you kiss up to a a guy like Urban.

Last edited:
I guess you lived in Gainesville while Urban the Jerk Off had violent criminals in double digits that became fodder for exposes in the Orlando Sentinel... 7 assaults three rapes and 2 breaking and emterings that never made it to the courtroom were about averge per player.. Yeah Urb... he's a geniusog football as well as a builder of men of character no. I wouldn't have him as a roll of toilet paper in my RV. Figured you kiss up to a a guy like Urban.

Pretty odd take from my post.
I despise Meyer.

LdN

ND is also recruiting from within our footprint and doing it very well.

I'm not convinced that Freeman will be able to match Kelly as a coach (although he's a better recruiter), but ND is a better program than Auburn at the moment and will probably remain so. I don't see Bryan Harsin surviving there very long.

Now, if you compared ND to Texas A&M, sure. But Auburn is hardly relevant on the national stage.
Yeah if Franklin manages to pull off the W at Auburn that will clearly put Harsin on the hot seat. Losing to Saban or Smart, okay, but losing to a middling Big Ten program at home with a coach known for not winning big games. Well not going to be tolerated.

Based on this graphic, what tier did you realistically (if some of you have that capability) expect Penn State to be in?

y9JHdVW.jpg

The fact that PSU is in the 3rd tier is the only fact that matters. Being in that tier should be unacceptable to the program, the University, the donors, and the alumni. Ohio State is in the 2nd tier - who in Nittany Nation, when we joined this conference would have predicted that not only would we win it just 4 times after 29 seasons, but we would, as a program, be below Ohio State with that gap GROWING!! Blatant poor performance by ALL of our Head football Coaches since becoming a Big Ten school.
completely unacceptable - or should be.

Reactions: MacNit07
ADVERTISEMENT