Those two girls from University of Miami in the sports car
Shaking hands with Keith Jackson
Those barbecue meatballs at the tailgate
Shutting out Bama at Bama
Being close enough to the Bear I could have touched him
48-14
TV Quarterbacks

Last edited:
Right now? I think of $2400 overnight RV passes for Tosu on stubhub and the stupidity that seems to rain/reign over that valley at times.

Joepa
My dad (deceased ) & his friend and sitting with them in the north end zone section
Roy Rogers downtown
Track around Beaver Stadium
McLanahan’s
The Lion’s Den
Nittany 28 and the gang
Joepa walking by Nittany 28 on the way to practice
Beating Nebraska on the final drive
The Train Station

Taking my dad to his last ever PSU game vs OSU 2005. He is the one that got me hooked on PSU by dragging my ass to a freezing cold game in like 1981.

JoePa

The many days\nights we spent in the RV in the RV lots and various spots around town way back before the BJC was built and it didn't cost an arm & leg to park close to the stadium.

The crowd noise in Beaver Stadium and how electric it can get.

Having season tix to the 1994 season and attending ever ygame with my wife. Leaving from Philly area at 3:00 AM to beat the traffic and not have to pay for parking and eating breakfast at the corner room upon arrival and then taking a nap in the fishbowl at the HUB then taking in womens vball game then the football game then driving back home late that night(ahhhh to be young again....).

Driving up from Philly to attend Blue White game in 1994 after waking up that day and seeing how gorgeous it was and just decided to make the trip and was parked right under the East Side stands.

Attending the Maryland game in like 1987 or 1988 and there was a torrential downpour I could have kayaked down the steps in Beaver Stadium and was snuggling with a girl who was a friend at the time who is now my wife of 30 years.

The one thing I miss is the students tossing the football out of the top of the stadium after xpoints and FGs before they put the nets up. Always thought that was a great tradition.

Some less obvious ones-

Delia the cheerleader
That crazy hot dog vendor who would yell Hot Dogggggggggggggg for like a minute
Vendors selling “mixers” meaning Pepsi
The blocked field goal against Bama - never heard a more quiet Beav with exception of maybe filing out after last second FG by Minnesota
The pick six by Gardner against Nebraska
The OSU 2005 game
Clark and Millen

My dad and I used to go to games together. We didn't tailgate really. We would get there in plenty of time for the game, we'd go walk around the stadium for a while to kill time. I would buy a program and my dad would buy a couple of hot dogs in the foil paper and put in his jacket pocket. We'd always get to our seats in time for the band on the field and the drum major flip. Later, during the game, my dad would pull out the luke warm or even cold hot dogs and eat them. Fighting traffic on the way home (my dad driving). Damn, I miss my dad...

This is a great thread! Ranger Dan, loved your post about you and dad. Great stuff my friend.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Taking my dad to his last ever PSU game vs OSU 2005. He is the one that got me hooked on PSU by dragging my ass to a freezing cold game in like 1981.

JoePa

The many days\nights we spent in the RV in the RV lots and various spots around town way back before the BJC was built and it didn't cost an arm & leg to park close to the stadium.

Having season tix to the 1994 season and attending ever ygame with my wife. Leaving from Philly area at 3:00 AM to beat the traffic and not have to pay for parking and eating breakfast at the corner room upon arrival and then taking a nap in the fishbowl at the HUB then taking in womens vball game then the football game then driving back home late that night(ahhhh to be young again....).

Driving up from Philly to attend Blue White game in 1994 after waking up that day and seeing how gorgeous it was and just decided to make the trip and was parked right under the East Side stands.

Attending the Maryland game in like 1987 or 1988 and there was a torrential downpour I could have kayaked down the steps in Beaver Stadium and was snuggling with a girl who was a friend at the time who is now my wife of 30 years.

The one thing I miss is the students tossing the football out of the top of the stadium after xpoints and FGs before they put the nets up. Always thought that was a great tradition.
That Maryland game was in 88...I was there and was one of the few students left in the student section at the end. All my buddies left, but I wasn’t going anywhere...I was already soaked.

The Erector Set
Whale Pants
Hufnagel pitching the ball to Lydell
Blue buses
Mike Reid with two tackles for safeties in the same game
Curtis Enis running over USC
Watching my son walk into Beaver Stadium for the first time
Parking in a cow pasture
48-14
TV Quarterbacks
Best atmosphere in sports, not just college football!

Reactions: PSU77sh
Some less obvious ones-

Delia the cheerleader
That crazy hot dog vendor who would yell Hot Dogggggggggggggg for like a minute
Vendors selling “mixers” meaning Pepsi
The blocked field goal against Bama - never heard a more quiet Beav with exception of maybe filing out after last second FG by Minnesota
The pick six by Gardner against Nebraska
The OSU 2005 game
Clark and Millen

FLAG. :eek:

(I'll let you guess which one led to the infraction.)

I remember it well. It was Illinois. Halloween weekend. We had a freak snow storm and it turned out to be the only snow we got all year. Ugly win, but 409 nonetheless

He was in the booth that game. Spoke to the crowd afterwards from the booth. Will never forget it. Got out of work early at two and drove through the snowstorm in my little car that handles like a sled. Made it up there halfway through the first quarter and sat in slush. Lost my phone in the stadium. Not a big crowd but those that were there cared and were loud. Watching the students rush behind the goalposts before the Illinois field goal attempt was one of the coolest things I've seen and when that ball hit the upright is was pure joy in the stadium. Joe shared his last joyful moment with us. We were all clueless and innocent to everything that followed. So thankful I could be there for 409.

JoePa

This is why I love this board. I was in the student section at that Maryland game in 1988 with my now wife on one of our first dates. I can still picture her standing there in her full length wool coat (cause it was November and it was cold) just absolutely soaked to the bone. For some reason, she still married me. :)

So neat to think you were there as well with your now wife. It's these connections which keep me plastered to this site.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
The Erector Set
Whale Pants
Blue buses
Curtis Enis running over USC
Watching my son walk into Beaver Stadium for the first time
Parking in a cow pasture
48-14
TV Quarterbacks

Aside from the obvious such as Joe, tailgating, success with honor, classic uniforms and student athletes, I’ll go a bit rogue and say DJ Dozier. When I was a kid playing hide and seek, we’d count to 50 silently but scream “DJ Dozier!” When we got to 42. He came to visit my elementary school, holla for Boalsburg Panorama, and the Pope could have been there too and no one would have noticed.

81-0. My older son’s first game.

PSU football was an integral part of our family when my kids were growing up. We had season tickets and the kids started to attend when they each turned 2. They loved those fall Saturday’s in Happy Valley. While both were accepted to PSU, neither attended but they both continue to root for the lions to this day.

81-0. My older son’s first game.

PSU football was an integral part of our family when my kids were growing up. We had season tickets and the kids started to attend when they each turned 2. They loved those fall Saturday’s in Happy Valley. While both were accepted to PSU, neither attended but they both continue to root for the lions to this day.
That game was on my wedding day.

Ted Kwalick returning an on-sides kick for a TD vs. Army in 1968
Mike Reid doing Mike Reid things
"Doggy Man" tossing perfect hot dog spirals in the student section ca, 1970-71
Baccardi and coke
Cappy's Heisman speech
An much, much more...

The Erector Set
Whale Pants
Blue buses