ADVERTISEMENT

What's it like to be a Pitt fan today?

NITTANYJGK

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
The football program landed another dud of a recruiting class and their basketball team is pathetic. The Lair doesn't really believe they signed a decent recruiting class.... they KNOW they didn't. But, to bask in the world of phantasy, they all try convince each other that Nardouchebag brought in a great class. It's sort of like a organized circle jerk to feel good. It must kill them to see 17 members of our 5th ranked recruiting class say NO to offers from Pitt. The best part of all of this is that Pitt signed that stammering, stuttering, zero personality Nardouchebag to a contract extension! Man, it doesn't get any better than watching Franklin destroy Nardouchebag in recruiting!

Technically he might be right because a vast majority of top recruits would never waste their time visiting in the first place.

Yes, with google earth recruits can see the place and cross it off as a dump without actually visiting.

Wonder what the percentage is for recruits that are invited to visit the slums of Oakland vs those that show up? 5 percent???

There was a video from Wed where he was talking along the lines of that they close the deal with about 80% of the recruits that actually visit.

Now that’s fantasy football at it’s best!
No, that's flat out lying. His lying and negative recruiting is getting around. Soon his total lack of credibility will further hurt his recruiting which is already lousy. My God, WVU out recruits them now in Western PA.

Technically he might be right because a vast majority of top recruits would never waste their time visiting in the first place.
Yep, and the only reason they visit Pitt is because its getting late, they've been shut out of their first 3 choices or they realize Pitt is the only offer outside of the MAC or Prairie View.

Reactions: nittany dave

I had lunch with one today I'll tell you what he said. He is a good friend, with a Pitt undergrad & law school degree, and is a 10 year Pitt football season ticket holder. While he would have preferred celebrating a top 20 ranking, he is not suicidal, or even depressed. He told me Rivals has Pitt ranked in the top 40. (I checked and it's 36th). He mentioned, with pride, that Pitt is ranked ahead of 8 BigTen teams, including Wisconsin. He believes they are making progress (he loves the 4 star DC running back) and can compete in the ACC Coastal with the kids they are getting. He loves his school and has no intention of giving up his seats. He also gently reminded me that he drives a better car than I do (his S-Class Benz is in the shop today for state inspection). He has a beautiful wife (mine is prettier, but his is younger) and 2 great kids. His life is good. So is mine.

I had lunch with one today I'll tell you what he said. He is a good friend, with a Pitt undergrad & law school degree, and is a 10 year Pitt football season ticket holder. While he would have preferred celebrating a top 20 ranking, he is not suicidal, or even depressed. He told me Rivals has Pitt ranked in the top 40. (I checked and it's 36th). He mentioned, with pride, that Pitt is ranked ahead of 8 BigTen teams, including Wisconsin. He believes they are making progress (he loves the 4 star DC running back) and can compete in the ACC Coastal with the kids they are getting. He loves his school and has no intention of giving up his seats. He also gently reminded me that he drives a better car than I do (his S-Class Benz is in the shop today for state inspection). He has a beautiful wife (mine is prettier, but his is younger) and 2 great kids. His life is good. So is mine.

Lunch? LUNCH?

What about your tree?

Reactions: fairgambit
Lunch? LUNCH?

What about your tree?

The wife is at home with a hose in had to be sure that it doesn't burn the house down. :) I think the garland and lights come off tonight and then it's just a matter of lugging it to the woods behind our house and letting the birds take over.

That reminds me of a Michigan poster a few years ago who was always bragging about how much money he had, the car he drove, etc. "Yeah, our football may suck but I have more money than you do!!" It's just a subtle put down to make someone feel superior. It's great you and your friend get along well but that kind of thing wouldn't sit well with me. I don't see the connection but to each his own.

dreary-weather.jpg

S class Benz? How does he get the pizza smell out of the leather?

That reminds me of a Michigan poster a few years ago who was always bragging about how much money he had, the car he drove, etc. "Yeah, our football may suck but I have more money than you do!!" It's just a subtle put down to make someone feel superior. It's great you and your friend get along well but that kind of thing wouldn't sit well with me. I don't see the connection but to each his own.
I don't take it that way because we have a history of gentle jabs (like 2 brothers, perhaps) over all sorts of things. He has a weight problem, for example, and I took a shot today when, after he ordered a coke, I asked for water. I told the waitress "I'm watching my weight", but he knew what I meant. I could have (perhaps should have) said nothing. Anyway, our friendship shows Pitt and Penn State alums can get along without acrimony.

Cool. I don't know why the constant obsession with Pitt. Top 40 class- it wasn't horrible. Its ahead of plenty of Big schools from all conferences.

I'm a Wvu fan and I drive a 2012 Rogue that has an R title.Naturally it has a deer rack on the back in case I see a fresh road kill along l79.You see we Wvu fans have no class but we're a happy bunch.Plus we don't need grocery stores to get our food.

Reactions: Louisville JD
I'm a Wvu fan and I drive a 2012 Rogue that has an R title.Naturally it has a deer rack on the back in case I see a fresh road kill along l79.You see we Wvu fans have no class but we're a happy bunch.Plus we don't need grocery stores to get our food.
I lived in WV for years and I can tell you WV fans are not a happy bunch...they’re some of the most unhappy sports fans I’ve ever come across. Of course, when your expectations are way too high every year, your bound to be disappointed.

Cool. I don't know why the constant obsession with Pitt. Top 40 class- it wasn't horrible. Its ahead of plenty of Big schools from all conferences.

Pitt and Penn State operate on very different levels in the world of CFB. Fans of both schools would be well served to accept that reality.

He drives a better car than you. Talk about shallow.

Lots of immaturity on both boards. There are always people that are gonna love their university. That is what college sports is all about.

Drives a better car........shallow.

Lots of immaturity on both boards. There are always people that are gonna love their university. That is what college sports is all about.

This guy is not shallow or immature. As I alluded earlier, we are like brothers. It's good natured banter, nothing more. I have no problem with it. I do regret bringing it up.

He’s a Pitt grad, what else does he have to brag about?

1022 I don't want to hijack a good anti Pitt post but have you followed Wvu sports teams the last couple of years? Believe me we're happy because we realize our shortcomings and see our accompishments.Believe it or not I do have 28 teeth ,wisdom teeth are gone that's why I'm not as smart as Psu fans!

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
He’s a Pitt grad, what else does he have to brag about?
He has no need to brag. I consider him one of the 5 best attorneys I know and, after 40+ years in practice, I know a lot of great ones. I am not alone in my judgment of his skill. He has been rated by his peers as one of the best attorneys in the state.

Got a kick when a Pitter was so excited over lowly rated recruits they get from Florida every couple of years. Said that a "1 Star Recruit" from Florida was equal to a "15 Star Recruit" from Western PA. Now, is that delusional or what!

Reactions: TheGLOV
1022 I don't want to hijack a good anti Pitt post but have you followed Wvu sports teams the last couple of years? Believe me we're happy because we realize our shortcomings and see our accompishments.Believe it or not I do have 28 teeth ,wisdom teeth are gone that's why I'm not as smart as Psu fans!
Some of my best friends are WVU fans...I’m sure you have all your teeth. I just know many WVU fans have unrealistic expectations. They actually think their football team should be playing for national championships every year and they don’t realize the state has almost no D-1 athletes and many big time athletes coming out of high school don’t want to go to WVU. I understand people from WV love their state, but there still is a mindset about the state from people who don’t live there which works against them in recruiting and they can’t accept that...they blame the coach. Then throw in the years they dominated the Big East (after the best teams left the conference) and suddenly they think they’re world beaters.

The football program landed another dud of a recruiting class and their basketball team is pathetic. The Lair doesn't really believe they signed a decent recruiting class.... they KNOW they didn't. But, to bask in the world of phantasy, they all try convince each other that Nardouchebag brought in a great class. It's sort of like a organized circle jerk to feel good. It must kill them to see 17 members of our 5th ranked recruiting class say NO to offers from Pitt. The best part of all of this is that Pitt signed that stammering, stuttering, zero personality Nardouchebag to a contract extension! Man, it doesn't get any better than watching Franklin destroy Nardouchebag in recruiting!

Probably not much different than the last 33 years or so.

Pitt is still waiting for their payment from the BlueBonnett Bowl!

That four-star running back, Saluddin or whatever, is a Southern Cal decommit. So I went to a USC board to see how their fans were taking it -- OMG a four-star RB decommited!!!! Well, they didn't seem to care too much. Words to the effect that RBs like him come a dime a dozen, and anyway, it opened the door for them to get another guy who was better.

And then there's this: a four-star RB is down to two hats on signing day, Pitt and Syracuse. How many times does that happen in this life?

I don't know. What''s it like to be totally obsessed with Pitt and their fans?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT