ADVERTISEMENT

What would Lions want the new ncaa commish to do different/better?

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
For me the first must would be aggressive enforcement of the most significant rules & a swift crackdown on humongous cheaters like KU, UNC, Bama just like was done with SMU.
Then cap NIL before is spirals out of control.

I would like to see a new emphasis upon the educational experience of being a student athlete, not strictly athletic performance. I also would like to see the whole notion of the transfer portal reevaluated, as I believe it is more of a detriment than a positive.

For me the first must would be aggressive enforcement of the most significant rules & a swift crackdown on humongous cheaters like KU, UNC, Bama just like was done with SMU.
I'm familiar with KU and UNC situations, what did Bama do that was cheating?

Reactions: ouirpsu
I'm familiar with KU and UNC situations, what did Bama do that was cheating?
N. Saban cheats > KU & UNC combined.
The reason you don't know about it is because N. Saban conceals it most skillfully.
He does have (& always did) a hot boiler room going. (paying players regularly).
Players don't have to wait on NIL offers.
But Nick is probably in on NIL deals with boosters where they can get paid regularly with NIL now.

• Haha
Reactions: scbob
Do away with their office, they're pretty useless these days.

You live in fantasyland.

So you are saying that the SMU death penalty just couldn't happen.
It will never happen again, never. Now that we have NIL and the transfer portal it's even easier to pay players. This is not 1982 or so, it's forty years later. they will never do that again, hell I doubt they ever do much anymore to anyone ever. You'll get some letters saying to improve your policies or some crap like that.
College sports has never been about education, even at PSU. If they were serious they would make students get admitted under the same academic levels as your average student in the school, not the minimum NCAA standards.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
It will never happen again, never. Now that we have NIL and the transfer portal it's even easier to pay players. This is not 1982 or so, it's forty years later. they will never do that again, hell I doubt they ever do much anymore to anyone ever. You'll get some letters saying to improve your policies or some crap like that.
College sports has never been about education, even at PSU. If they were serious they would make students get admitted under the same academic levels as your average student in the school, not the minimum NCAA standards.
Offering a large NIL deal as a recruiting inducement is a violation.
But cannot enforce it without evidence of it.
Paying (or offering to) players before NIL was not enforceable for the same reason.
Only those who got a little careless & exposed themselves resulting in just enough evidence of wrong doing to raise red flags.

Last edited:
Offering a large NIL deal as a recruiting inducement is a violation.
But cannot enforce it without evidence of it.
Paying (or offering to) players before NIL was not enforceable for the same reason.
Only those who got a little careless & exposed themselves resulting in just enough evidence of wrong doing to raise red flags.
Duh

First, he's going to have to assist the college player in unionizing. That way, there will be an organization representing college players. Thus, they can reach a collective bargaining agreement that will reign in portals, NILs, and other crazy things. College ball needs structure and to make sure that second/fifth teamers are taken care of and not just the star QB and WR (for example).

First, he's going to have to assist the college player in unionizing. That way, there will be an organization representing college players. Thus, they can reach a collective bargaining agreement that will reign in portals, NILs, and other crazy things. College ball needs structure and to make sure that second/fifth teamers are taken care of and not just the star QB and WR (for example).
I have no faith that it will happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT