ADVERTISEMENT

What win loss record defines a successful season for Franklin this year?

Hot seat?LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

The seat that Franklin occupies is called The CATBIRD SEAT. He'll leave PSU when HE decides its time OR when he is given a check for more than 70 million dollars.
I mostly agree, however, there is a new AD in town, and Franklin is not his hire.

"As for success, in year 8, Franklin should be a threat to win 10 regular season games every years while regularly competing for the Big Ten."

This^^^, anything less is a failure IMO. A couple key injuries and lack of depth at important positions however, will most likely mean 8-4, 7-6 once again.
This is year 9, not year 8, and anything less than 9 wins is straight failure.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
This is year 9, not year 8, and anything less than 9 wins is straight failure.
he copied that from me. I said it was 8 when it is 9. Personally, I have a reasonable best case set at 9 and 3 and a reasonable worst case at 5 and 7. Not good for year 9. Kind of embarrassing actually given that we have the talent (but not the coaching) for 11 and 1 best case and 8 and 4 worst.

"As for success, in year 8, Franklin should be a threat to win 10 regular season games every years while regularly competing for the Big Ten."

This^^^, anything less is a failure IMO. A couple key injuries and lack of depth at important positions however, will most likely mean 8-4, 7-6 once again.
Yes, because we had seven 10 win seasons and 3 conference championships in the 21 years since we’ve been in the Big 10 prior to Franklin coming here. Good thing you didn’t implement this rule when Paterno was the coach and the Big wasn’t nearly as strong as it is now.

Reactions: PSU&Trout
Yes, because we had seven 10 win seasons and 3 conference championships in the 21 years since we’ve been in the Big 10 prior to Franklin coming here. Good thing you didn’t implement this rule when Paterno was the coach and the Big wasn’t nearly as strong as it is now.
I was disappointed then as well, I supported Joe, and believed that he should retire on his own terms, but I believed that it was time for him to do so, even prior to the 2011 mess that led to an unfair forced retirement.

I am very hard on Franklin and Purdue absolutely can win. You are guaranteeing a Purdue win. You sound like a complete idiot. Someone said you are a Pitt fan. That would make sense.
I am thinking right now that we lose to Purdue. Would I gamble on it? I don't gamble but if I did, I would bet a small amount for Purdue to cover.

Reactions: Delcolion915
I am very hard on Franklin and Purdue absolutely can win. You are guaranteeing a Purdue win. You sound like a complete idiot. Someone said you are a Pitt fan. That would make sense.
Even The Lair wouldn't have him.

Back to the original post. Success is defined as 10 win seasons out of 13 games per year for as long as the eye can see with the following stipulations:

making the college playoffs 4 of 5 years in the 8-12 game format. Minimum wins of 9 games on the rarest of years, national champs once every 12 years, big ten champs once every 5 years.

10 wins out of 13 games including the post season.

Reactions: Delcolion915
I am thinking right now that we lose to Purdue. Would I gamble on it? I don't gamble but if I did, I would bet a small amount for Purdue to cover.
I'll watch the O line closely in the first two games. So goes the line, so goes the season. I know this is not original thinking but I've been doing it that way for over fifty years. It usually tells the tale unless there is generational offensive talent to overcome it. MRob, Barkley come to mind as examples, or the collective of Barkley, Mcsorley, Gesicki and Godwin.

Back to the original post. Success is defined as 10 win seasons out of 13 games per year for as long as the eye can see with the following stipulations:

making the college playoffs 4 of 5 years in the 8-12 game format. Minimum wins of 9 games on the rarest of years, national champs once every 12 years, big ten champs once every 5 years.

10 wins out of 13 games including the post season.
Exactly. THIS.

I’d say the player video incident could be used for cause if they chose to want out of his contract.

I’d say the player video incident could be used for cause if they chose to want out of his contract.
How wonderful. Saban would ride in on a white horse.....keep all of Franklin's commits and this freshman class as well. All problems solved......LOL

It sounds like some of you Penn State "fans" are rooting for Franklin to fail.
Given his annual salary, what we have seen on the field, he already has failed. Minus the debacle that was 2020 (I don't give him a pass because his decision to bring in a system coordinator had as much impact on the season as Covid over-reaction did), his average record is 8.5 and 3.5 per year. Throw in the Covid year and he trends slightly below 8 and 4. He has one Big Ten title in a year where we were the third best team in the division. His best teams were carried by O'Brien's Lions. Not Franklion's. We were the fourth best team in the East last year and are looking at the same this year. We are very likely two years away from competing for the Big Ten, minimum, due to HIS choices for O and D coordinator. Say what you want, at his salary in year nine, he is a failure.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Given his annual salary, what we have seen on the field, he already has failed. Minus the debacle that was 2020 (I don't give him a pass because his decision to bring in a system coordinator had as much impact on the season as Covid over-reaction did), his average record is 8.5 and 3.5 per year. Throw in the Covid year and he trends slightly below 8 and 4. He has one Big Ten title in a year where we were the third best team in the division. His best teams were carried by O'Brien's Lions. Not Franklion's. We were the fourth best team in the East last year and are looking at the same this year. We are very likely two years away from competing for the Big Ten, minimum, due to HIS choices for O and D coordinator. Say what you want, at his salary in year nine, he is a failure.
When you are paid 7-8 million dollars a year to work in your chosen profession.....you laugh at couch coaches who call you a failure.
10 more years!

Once he has lost fan support his life will be an utter hell. He has shown he is incapable of handling that kind of pressure. When the majority of fans lose confidence in him he will be gone. That isn't going to take 10 years, he is closer to that than he realizes.

ADVERTISEMENT