ADVERTISEMENT

What was the greatest single-game performance on offense by a Penn State football player?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
What was the greatest single-game performance by a Penn State football player on offense?

I'm going to go with Saquon Barkley vs Iowa, a performance I was fortunate to witness in person.

Others that come to mind: Curt Warner vs. Nebraska in Lincoln in 1981 I believe, Cappy had three consecutive 200-yard games rushing if I recall correctly, Curtis Enis vs USC in the Meadowlands

Others?

Shelly Hammonds against BC back in 91 had 200 + yards in a game. He was a converted DB and came in when our starter was injured during the game. I believe Gary Brown got injured during the game and Leroy Thompson was already injured. Another big performance was Zac Mills as a freshman QB against the OSU.

What was the greatest single-game performance by a Penn State football player on offense?

I'm going to go with Saquon Barkley vs Iowa, a performance I was fortunate to witness in person.

Others that come to mind: Curt Warner vs. Nebraska in Lincoln in 1981 I believe, Cappy had three consecutive 200-yard games rushing if I recall correctly, Curtis Enis vs USC in the Meadowlands

Others?

As great as those performances were, Larry Johnson's performances were incredible. Reminded me in size and style of the great Jimmy Brown. Go to the internet and watch his performance - unreal. SB's game against USC also deserves mention.

Bryant Johnson against Iowa in a losing effort was pretty good. That team with Mills, Tony/Bryant/Larry Johnson was really good. Should have finished a lot better than they did.

Journey Brown vs. Memphis should be in the conversation.

Warner vs. Georgia for the national championship in '82.
True...and this hurts. I feel terrible for the kid...and selfishly as a fan I feel deprived for not having gotten to see another year of JB tearing it up. I also think he would have been a hell of a pro.

Others?

Kenny Jackson 48-14

LJ's game against MSU may have been the coldest PSU game I've ever attended.
I was in the north upper deck row 90 or something like that, the wind was blowing and there were a few snow flakes falling. Glad we had a great tailgate. I am positive my wife had hypothermia. LJ kicked ass that day.

True...and this hurts. I feel terrible for the kid...and selfishly as a fan I feel deprived for not having gotten to see another year of JB tearing it up. I also think he would have been a hell of a pro.
yep, really thought that year would be his breakout year, and we all lost the chance to see it happen. think it would have rivaled those of saquon and miles.

Reactions: rcy4499
not the most statistically dominating but Tennessee stopped wanting to have anything to do with tackling Tony Hunt in a bowl game
Had Seats at the 35 yard line for that Outback bowl and indeed Tony Hunt inflicted pain on many of the Tennessee defenders who dared to try to tackle him, often in the 2nd level after busting through the 1st level

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
Blair Thomas in 1989 versus Alabama. 11 Straight carries to the one yard line He only rushed for 160 on the day but was a beast on the last drive (60 yards).
Remember it well. Fell down almost with the ball at the goal line. I remember when we lined up for the game winning FG thinking what a horrible angle ~. and surely we’d take a delay of game penalty to move the ball back 5 yards for a better angle. But nope. Ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT