WHAT TO THE INTELLIGENT IS COLIN KAEPERNICK? A FRAUD

Discussion in 'Test/Politics Board' started by m.knox, Jul 6, 2020.

1. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Jason Whitlock cuts right to the chase. @macdad25 is also a fraud. A scared and uneducated fraud.

https://outkick.com/what-to-the-intelligent-is-colin-kaepernick-a-fraud/

Frederick Douglass spent the entirety of his adult life fighting tirelessly for black people and women to be recognized as full United States citizens.

Douglass, a famous black abolitionist in the 1800s, used Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence as the foundation of his argument to end slavery.

That’s why it struck me as ill-informed that Colin Kaepernick would use Douglass’ What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July speech as the audio backdrop for his incendiary tweet condemning America’s Independence Day.

Kap, aka Mute-hammad Ali, tweeted Saturday morning:

“Black people have been dehumanized, brutalized, criminalized and terrorized by America for centuries and are expected to join your commemoration of independence, while you enslaved our ancestors. We reject your celebration of white supremacy and look forward to liberation for all.”

The tweet linked to a video of actor James Earl Jones reading Douglass’ 1852 speech decrying American slavery while images of police shootings, lynchings and other acts of racist brutality flashed across the screen.

Kaepernick’s tweet has received more than 170,000 likes and 60,000 retweets. I could not find — and I searched — for a more popular Fourth-of-July social-media post than Kap’s rebuke of our nation’s holiday.

Like all things Kaepernick and most things limited to 280 characters, Kaepernick’s tweet heard ‘round the world is breathtakingly uninformed and devoid of substance. It’s a divisive hot take packaged as righteous indignation.

2. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

NJ's new "man of the year."....

3. Op2

Op2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

A commenter on that site says CK should STFU. I don't think that's right. Whitlock identifies part of the problem, that being the nature of Twitter. CK (a) has a lot of influence and (b) never has to explain or defend anything he says. THAT is the problem, not just with CK but with our entire societal discussion.

We are so balkanized to begin with but on top of that things like Twitter magnifies it where people can give short, often unsubstantive messages and not be challenged on them, having the people that like the message say "Yay" and the people that don't like the message say "Boo," thereby further balkanizing us.

CK shouldn't STFU, instead he should START talking. Start talking and explain your views in depth, let them be challenged, which is one way of learning that the views are right or wrong. Some will agree with you and some won't but at least it would be a DISCUSSION.

We have so little discussion as a society. And the entities that make big money from sustaining the unproductive status quo, such as Jack Dorsey and Twitter, along with the cable news channels, are the problem.

Ski, terrapin01 and m.knox like this.
  4. crazyivan77

crazyivan77 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Hearing Disney will have a new Colin Kaepernick ride, you pay $120 to get in, sit on a bench for 60 minutes, then get to complain to the manager.

5. Storm at Sea

Storm at Sea Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Who's Colin Kaepernick? Never heard of him. Don't care to hear about him either.

psulongago likes this.
  6. royboy

royboy Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

We need to hear more from Kaepernick? I can't think of anyone who has been more outspoken with less substance to back up his points.

dailybuck777 and psulongago like this.
  7. Op2

Op2 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You don't need substance to back up your points when your points are all expressed in a medium where it's impossible for anyone to press you for substance.

I'm not saying I want to here more from CK per se. What I'm saying is, it's bad for people to be able to garner a bunch of power on issues when they never have to speak substantively on those issues.

8. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well done. Kudos.

9. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think that's the point. To see if there is any substance or not.

That said, CK will shut down debate and discourse much like AOC.

I would ask that CK just read this by Coleman Hughes.

https://www.city-journal.org/contributor/coleman-hughes_1335

On the other hand, the basic premise of Black Lives Matter—that racist cops are killing unarmed black people—is false. There was a time when I believed it. I was one year younger than Trayvon Martin when he was killed in 2012, and like many black men, I felt like he could have been me. I was the same age as Michael Brown when he was killed in 2014, and like so many others, I shared the BLM hashtag on social media to express solidarity. By 2015, when the now-familiar list had grown to include Tamir Rice, Laquan McDonald, Sandra Bland, Freddie Gray, and Walter Scott, I began wearing a shirt with all their names on it. It became my favorite shirt. It seemed plain to me that these were not just tragedies, but racist tragedies. Any suggestion to the contrary struck me as at best, ignorant, and at worst, bigoted.

My opinion has slowly changed. I still believe that racism exists and must be condemned in the strongest possible terms; I still believe that, on average, police officers are quicker to rough up a black or Hispanic suspect; and I still believe that police misconduct happens far too often and routinely goes unpunished. But I no longer believe that the cops disproportionately kill unarmed black Americans.

Two things changed my mind: stories and data.

First, the stories. Each story in this paragraph involves a police officer killing an unarmed white person. (To demonstrate how commonly this happens, I have taken all of them from a single year, 2015, chosen at random). Timothy Smith was killed by a police officer who mistakenly thought he was reaching into his waistband to grab a gun; the shooting was ruled justified. William Lemmon was killed after he allegedly failed to show his hands upon request; the shooting was ruled justified. Ryan Bolinger was shot dead by a cop who said he was moving strangely and walking toward her; the shooting was ruled justified. Derek Cruice was shot in the face after he opened the door for police officers serving a warrant for a drug arrest; the cops recovered marijuana from the property, and the shooting was ruled justified. Daniel Elrod robbed a dollar store, and, when confronted by police, allegedly failed to raise his hands upon request (though his widow, who witnessed the event, insists otherwise); he was shot dead. No criminal charges were filed. Ralph Willis was shot dead when officers mistakenly thought that he was reaching for a gun. David Cassick was shot twice in the back by a police officer while lying face down on the ground. Six-year-old Jeremy Mardis was killed by a police officer while sitting in the passenger seat of a car; the officer’s intended target was Jeremy’s father, who was sitting in the driver’s seat with his hands raised out the window. Autumn Steele was shot dead when a police officer, startled by her German shepherd, immediately fired his weapon at the animal, catching her in the crossfire. Shortly after he killed her, bodycam footage revealed the officer’s despair: “I’m f------ going to prison,” he says. The officer was not disciplined.

For brevity’s sake, I will stop here. But the list goes on.

10. psulongago

psulongago Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No way this guy ever plays football again, don't remember him as a player and don't know that he was anything special. Now, he is making a fortune being supported by left wing groups and of course Nike, why would he give up his platform of anarchy and income to go become a mediocre football player. I'm sure he got a nice settlement from the NFL basically to shut him up, they failed. By the way, not that I'm a big buyer of sports gear, but I will never buy anything from Nike. I know, one small step!

11. dailybuck777

dailybuck777 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What gets me about Kaep is that his parents (black father, white mother) abandoned him and white people raised him. He blames white people for society's problems notwithstanding that he was taken care of by a white couple.

m.knox likes this.
  12. razpsu

razpsu Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The out of a job, bench warming qb, formerly know as Colin kaepernick

13. interrobang

interrobang Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

No one is going to sign him because they don't want the backlash when they cut him because he stinks

m.knox likes this.