ADVERTISEMENT

What this board needs is the return of Cheerleader Ed

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Some of you remember him from the ‘dark years’ of PSU football. He talked ‘back from the ledge’ the overly sensitive among us. Ed, where art thou??

And what this year’s Penn State football team needs is a signature victory. In looking at the remainder of the schedule we could lose two, possibly three more games and still salvage the season by beating Michigan in Ann Arbor. I know, I know. Given the way they’re playing versus the way we’re playing the likelihood is slim. I put the odds at 20%. But this is college football, and in college football you can expect the unexpected.

When James Franklin promises to get us to elite status who are we to doubt him? Given the man’s work ethic I would not bet against it. He is “Trumpian” in that regard. Tireless. Indefatigable. And more importantly, he’s not afraid to let go an assistant coach who’s not cutting the mustard. I get the feeling the kids are losing confidence in the offensive play calling because it is tentative. But that’s an argument for another day.

In closing, hats off to Michigan State! They beat us fair and square when they had everything going against them. I look forward to seeing them beat Michigan on Saturday.

I thank you and have a blessed sabbath!

Last edited:
Some of you remember him from the ‘dark years’ of PSU football. He talked ‘back from the ledge’ the overly sensitive among us. Ed, where art thou??

And what this year’s Penn State football team needs is a signature victory. In looking at the remainder of the schedule we could lose two, possibly three more games and still salvage the season by beating Michigan in Ann Arbor. I know, I know. Given the way they’re playing versus the way we’re playing the likelihood is slim. I put the odds at 20%. But this is college football, and in college football you can expect the unexpected.

When James Franklin promises to get us to elite status who are we to doubt him? Given the man’s work ethic I would not bet against it. He is “Trumpian” in that regard. Tireless. Indefatigable. And more importantly, he’s not afraid to let go an assistant coach who’s not cutting the mustard. I get the feeling the kids are losing confidence in the offensive play calling because it is tentative. But that’s an argument for another day.

In closing, hats off to Michigan State! They beat us fair and square when they had everything going against them. I look forward to seeing them beat Michigan on Saturday.

I think that many of the posters are beyond Cheerleader Ed's process. We need Shrink to make a posthumous appearance.

Rutgersal is that you? If this team finishes with 4 or 5 losses but a win over Michigan the season is salvaged? Jesus Christ. We never lost more than 5 games even at the height of the sanctions and somehow it’s fine if it happens now as long as they win one of the 4 or 5 big games on the schedule? This isn’t 2013 where everyone gets warm and fuzzy springing the upset against Wisconsin to end the season.

The negative Nellies on this board chased Ed away and left us without the walking off the field practice info.

ADVERTISEMENT