ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is wrong with people?

Standard Democrat logic.
That's just how deranged you are. I've been a registered Independent for 50 years. If I lean one way or the other, probably due to my age, I'm on the conservative side.
The fact is that our country is a republic. We have the government (representatives) that our citizens have voted for. If individuals have made a career of serving in congress or the senate, enriching themselves and not acting in the interest of the majority, shame on us. We have had decades to elect representatives that would fix issues and pass term limits.
If you don't like big government, good luck reversing that process. You lost that battle when FDR was elected....long before we were born. The horses have left the barn,
There is a serious leadership void in this country and the past two presidential elections have not provided voters with one worthy candidate.....democrat or republican.
But hey, zealots like you have all the answers. Go storm the capitol and stock up on automatic weapons. Idiot!

That's just how deranged you are. I've been a registered Independent for 50 years. If I lean one way or the other, probably due to my age, I'm on the conservative side.
The fact is that our country is a republic. We have the government (representatives) that our citizens have voted for. If individuals have made a career of serving in congress or the senate, enriching themselves and not acting in the interest of the majority, shame on us. We have had decades to elect representatives that would fix issues and pass term limits.
If you don't like big government, good luck reversing that process. You lost that battle when FDR was elected....long before we were born. The horses have left the barn,
There is a serious leadership void in this country and the past two presidential elections have not provided voters with one worthy candidate.....democrat or republican.
But hey, zealots like you have all the answers. Go storm the capitol and stock up on automatic weapons. Idiot!

Looks like the exact same post will do. Let's see if a midwit like you can get it right the second time.

That’s what you took from my post?

I argue for freedom for all.

Freedom from vile authoritarians like Fauci, Pelosi, Romney, Schumer, and even Trump (if you see him that way).

Minimalist government frees us all.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Looks like the exact same post will do. Let's see if a midwit like you can get it right the second time.

Freedom from vile authoritarians like Fauci, Pelosi, Romney, Schumer, and even Trump (if you see him that way).

Yeah, you're a real Paul Revere......or perhaps a Nathan Hale.....I regret that you have but one life to give to your country LOL. No where in any part of the world (with the exception of remote uncharted areas) is man truly free. Living in an ordered society requires us to adhere and adapt to behaviors that make it possible for us to function.
I'll wait while you tell me where I can go to have "freedom." Again, minimalist government died during the great depression. It ain't coming back.

Yeah, you're a real Paul Revere......or perhaps a Nathan Hale.....I regret that you have but one life to give to your country LOL. No where in any part of the world (with the exception of remote uncharted areas) is man truly free. Living in an ordered society requires us to adhere and adapt to behaviors that make it possible for us to function.
I'll wait while you tell me where I can go to have "freedom." Again, minimalist government died during the great depression. It ain't coming back.
Ridiculous.

I’m advocating for minimalist government.

You are opposed to it because you are a democrat.

But you don’t like arguing on the principle itself, so in pure midwit fashion (and midwit is a compliment to you); you say it just can’t be done.

Ridiculous.

But you don’t like arguing on the principle itself, so in pure midwit fashion (and midwit is a compliment to you); you say it just can’t be done.
Good for you, I'm sure success is right around the corner. Calling me a democrat reminds me of Putin calling Zelensky a Nazi. Keep on advocating. I've always had a soft spot for Don Quixote.

You keep defending big government until we are like Russia and China.

I’ll keep advocating for the USA as founded.
So do you only drive on "private" roads? I'm guessing you wouldn't dare drive on a road built with gubmint money next to stoopid people. I'm also guessing there are some other gubmint programs you're OK with, like say the Morrill Act, since it would seem like you've graduated from a land grant institution?

Minimalist gubmint, except when it benefits me. Wow, absolutely no hypocrisy there.

Good luck building your time machine so you can go back and hang with Washington, etc, and enjoy that minimalist gubmint.

So do you only drive on "private" roads? I'm guessing you wouldn't dare drive on a road built with gubmint money next to stoopid people. I'm also guessing there are some other gubmint programs you're OK with, like say the Morrill Act, since it would seem like you've graduated from a land grant institution?

Minimalist gubmint, except when it benefits me. Wow, absolutely no hypocrisy there.

Good luck building your time machine so you can go back and hang with Washington, etc, and enjoy that minimalist gubmint.
Amazingly enough, midwit, interstate commerce actually is reserved to the federal government, as are tariffs, treaties, and national defense.

Now local roads, midwit, those are left to the individual states.

Amazingly enough, midwit, interstate commerce actually is reserved to the federal government, as are tariffs, treaties, and national defense.

Now local roads, midwit, those are left to the individual states.
Answer the questions midwit - do you drive on gubmint funded roads with the rest of us stoopid peoples? DId you benefit from the Morrill Act?

Answer the questions midwit - do you drive on gubmint funded roads with the rest of us stoopid peoples? DId you benefit from the Morrill Act?
I know the answers - yes and yes. Again, you choose to ignore the gubmint programs that benefit you. Say hi to the Founding Fathers for me when you finally engineer that time machine!

Wow are you dumb.

We all drive on constitutionally funded interstate roads.

I didn’t benefit from the Merrill act. I could have gone anywhere for school.

You keep defending big government until we are like Russia and China.

I’ll keep advocating for the USA as founded.
"USA USA USA USA USA USA USA...." OH SAY CAN YOU SEE....BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT....":rolleyes:
USA AS "FOUNDED" ONLY ALLOWED LAND OWNING MALES TO VOTE AND PERMITTED SLAVERY....

Last edited:
"USA USA USA USA USA USA USA...." OH SAY CAN YOU SEE....BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT....":rolleyes:
USA AS "FOUNDED" ONLY ALLOWED LAND OWNING MALES TO VOTE AND PERMITTED SLAVERY....
No one thinks slavery was right.

I do think that no one should vote if they're on a government check.....which was the principle behind land owning.

No one thinks slavery was right.

I do think that no one should vote if they're on a government check.....which was the principle behind land owning.
About 23% of the population was eligible to vote in 1789. You know, the USA as "founded."

Wow are you dumb.

We all drive on constitutionally funded interstate roads.

I didn’t benefit from the Merrill act. I could have gone anywhere for school.
Did you go to PSU or not? If so, then YES you did benefit from the Morrill Act.
Also, you can't spell Morrill, after I already had it in my post? And you call me dumb? That's a good one.

Did you go to PSU or not? If so, then YES you did benefit from the Morrill Act.
Also, you can't spell Morrill, after I already had it in my post? And you call me dumb? That's a good one.

Nope. Didn’t benefit. I could have gone anywhere. Same or less price for quality.

What’s the hardest technical course you ever passed?

About 23% of the population was eligible to vote in 1789. You know, the USA as "founded."
What you want isn’t working.

The deep state, big government model gave up a 30 year lead over China in about 35 years.

No matter what a math challenged clown like you thinks, that result is disqualifying.

Nope. Didn’t benefit. I could have gone anywhere. Same or less price for quality.

What’s the hardest technical course you ever passed?
Every student that has graduated from PSU since 1863 has benefitted from the Morrill Act, so unless you graduated before then yep, you did benefit.

What's the hardest history course you ever passed?

Every student that has graduated from PSU since 1863 has benefitted from the Morrill Act, so unless you graduated before then yep, you did benefit.

What's the hardest history course you ever passed?
You are a history major?

Hahahhaha, clown.

Too stupid. Understand that if someone got admitted to even better schools at the same or lower cost, then the net benefit is zero.

I simply chose PSU. Without PSU, I go to Northwestern, OSU Or a dozen other schools.

What you want isn’t working.

The deep state, big government model gave up a 30 year lead over China in about 35 years.

No matter what a math challenged clown like you thinks, that result is disqualifying.
So you are in favor of USA as founded? Your reading comprehension is shaky. Where did I say I wanted anything?
My only complaint was a dearth of talented candidates for president. I'm not the one advocating reactionary politics. All I said was good luck with that quest.

You are a history major? No. Were you a technical major?

Hahahhaha, clown.

Too stupid. Understand that if someone got admitted to even better schools at the same or lower cost, then the net benefit is zero. Understand that any grad of PSU after 1863 has benefitted from it being a land grant institution, courtesy of the Morrill Act.

I simply chose PSU. Without PSU, I go to Northwestern, OSU Or a dozen other schools. Bravo for you, Mr. Technical major, bravo. But it begs the question, since you're clearly a Super Genius, why didn't you go to one of the best technical schools, like MIT, Stanford, CMU??? MIT is also a land grant institution, so you could make the same hypocritical "I didn't benefit" argument as well.

Last edited:

When public health information is somehow evaluated through the lens of "freedom" you have lost a thread.

The loss of civility and hatred is due to the size of the stakes.

In 1952, it probably mattered not one whit who was president.

Your welfare depended upon working in private industry. Same as everyone else.

Government’s reach into the states was nonexistent.

Now, government is entangled in every aspect.

Entire deep state is Democrat.

So, the stakes are very high.
Maybe study the 1930's and 40"s before making such broad based statements.

Ridiculous.

Unfortunately there are bad actors who will take advantage of a minimalist government. Case in point, I've read where West Virginia has to spend $50 million of tax payers money to fund an insurance program to clean up old mine sites. And that may be just the beginning of the state funds being used if an insurer finds the liabilities, estimated to run in the billions, to be too dicey. Government failed to regulate in real time, industry externalizes its costs, and we all pay in the end. Solve that type of problem that is repeated all over the country and I will better accept a minimalist government.

Unfortunately there are bad actors who will take advantage of a minimalist government. Case in point, I've read where West Virginia has to spend $50 million of tax payers money to fund an insurance program to clean up old mine sites. And that may be just the beginning of the state funds being used if an insurer finds the liabilities, estimated to run in the billions, to be too dicey. Government failed to regulate in real time, industry externalizes its costs, and we all pay in the end. Solve that type of problem that is repeated all over the country and I will better accept a minimalist government.
You can always find examples where minimalist federal government is not perfect.

But it is far superior than the authoritarian way we're going.

"Just give me power and I'll fix all the wrongs in the world" - Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, and every other dictator ever.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about West Virginia but in the hard coal region of eastern Pa there were people who got incredibly rich in the mining industry. They dug underground mines and strip mines, took the coal, made a ton of money, and left the spoiled land for rest of us to clean up. Of course the original mine operators have mostly passed. However, there are many descendants ( I could name names) who have been living an idle life of luxury off of their inheritance. These people should be identified and their inheritance confiscated to pay for the devastation left by their rich ancestors.

A few things are wrong with people:

1. Soft Ass parents that care about safe spaces and not hurting their own kids feelings. This probably wasn't the first time the kid with the sign is being an asshole and more than likely won't be the last. In fact mommy and daddy will probably allow him and help him pay for his next school.
2. Kids have grown up with dumb ****ing videos that get millions of likes and they think everything they do is a filmable moment. Dumb asses.
3. In the same notion as the filming of everything.....it doesn't make what he did right, it is still very worng. But he obviously has no idea how fast dumb ****ing pictures can fly around the world.
4. Bad group of friends and teammates. Not one of the others that were there said "look dude, give me the sign" and then ripped it up.

I tell my own kids and students all the time that first and foremost they are accountable, but a very close second is hanging around the wrong crowd.

No doubt all that happened, and more. My only point was that, in my opinion, Trump rapidly accelerated the decline of civility in this country, more than any other politician ever, by being himself - an arrogant, pompous, a$$ (again, my opinion). I think many people in this country - right, left, GOP, Dem, independent, etc - have a hard time respecting a person who doesn't seem to respect any other human. I think most people in this country would agree that, overall, this is bad for the country as a whole. Agree, disagree, I really don't care; just my opinions and observations of America in 2022.
BS

Reactions: johnmpsu
Every example you gave, with the exception of Biden's comment about a reporter, is the direct result of Bad Parenting.

Biden gets the pass since he's old and mentally frail and just popped out of frustration.
Biden wasn't anywhere close to father of the year.

Reactions: johnmpsu
As heinous as they are, secular humanism is also incredibly destructive imo.
It's worsel
You are a history major?

Hahahhaha, clown.

Too stupid. Understand that if someone got admitted to even better schools at the same or lower cost, then the net benefit is zero.

I simply chose PSU. Without PSU, I go to Northwestern, OSU Or a dozen other schools.
People have this weird loyalty to a school , math is math . My engineer son went to Lehigh . My daughter who majored in finance attended Penn State.
They both did well at their respective schools and their success was more due to their efforts than the particular school.
School is a tool, you have to do the work . Most are adequate for the job if they're at a certain standard like any other tool.

It's worsel

People have this weird loyalty to a school , math is math . My engineer son went to Lehigh . My daughter who majored in finance attended Penn State.
They both did well at their respective schools and their success was more due to their efforts than the particular school.
School is a tool, you have to do the work . Most are adequate for the job if they're at a certain standard like any other tool.
Agreed. In addition, many people achieve success in careers that had nothing to do with their area of study.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT