ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is up with my cell phone battery??

TheGLOV

Gold Member
I had it replaced less than a year ago due to issues with the battery that came with the cell phone at BestBuy.

Now, the recharging indicator is GREEN, indicating that it is recharging but it is not.

It has gone down 33% in less than 3 hours. 49% now and dropping.

Lil help here!

Thanks!!!

I had it replaced less than a year ago due to issues with the battery tht came with the cell phone at BestBuy.

Now, the recharging indicator is GREEN, indicating that it is recharging but it is not.

Lil help here!

Thanks!!!

Background apps?

Reactions: TheGLOV
I would unplug the phone, turn it off, then remove the battery, wait a few minutes, put the battery back in, then turn it back on and see if that fixes it.

would help if you give some relevant info .... phone model, operating system and rev level, etc

I had it replaced less than a year ago due to issues with the battery that came with the cell phone at BestBuy.

Lil help here!

Thanks!!!
Great one year, serious drop off the second year. Sorta like Salah.

How do you get this damn thing apart? LOL!!

If it's an Android (Samsung, LG, etc.) you should be able to remove the battery. If it's an IPhone, well...you're SOL. :(
That's why I can't understand why my kids like their IPhones so much...not to mention the lack of removable storage (micro SDHC).

Oh brother.

I swear they make these things {batteries, etc.} so they fail and U have to replace.

This. They make this shit dirt cheap, charge 1000 bucks for a phone, knowing it’ll take a dump and you’ll replace it in a year anyway when they come out with I phone 42. Complete racket that we all buy into, myself included.

Reactions: Fizz1 and TheGLOV

Thanks!!!
There is a phone update that may solve your problem.

Finally talked to Apple.

Ran diagnostic test.

Tested "Ok". Hmmm.

Maybe it is the recharging port?

I will do update as soon as it reaches 100%.

Hopefully that will cure it.

Much thanks to all.

:)
I just received a message from Apple with a note about an update to solve just the problem you described...

Lil help here!

Thanks!!!
Dont know how you replace cell phone batteries these days since they are all built in.
A few things.
Make sure all apps you dont use are closed.
Check display as brightness can kill your battery.
Also keep bluetooth and location off when you don't need them.

Finally dont be afraid to do this.
Make sure everything is backed up on the Apple and Carrier clouds and removable SD cards. Then wipe the phone clean.

Lil help here!

Thanks!!!
Does it always die in the 4th quarter???

Dont know how you replace cell phone batteries these days since they are all built in.
A few things.
Make sure all apps you dont use are closed.
Check display as brightness can kill your battery.
Also keep bluetooth and location off when you don't need them.

Finally dont be afraid to do this.
Make sure everything is backed up on the Apple and Carrier clouds and removable SD cards. Then wipe the phone clean.

Will try that SD card r=trick soon.

I used to do Icloud

i can say for the last couple of weeks my battery has been going down really fast for no reason that i know of. there are times when i pick it up and it is physically warm and the battery will have lost 20-25% in an hour with no activity by me. apple has admitted that they essentially make their phones obsolete in a couple of years in order to force you to buy a new one with their operating updates.

i can say for the last couple of weeks my battery has been going down really fast for no reason that i know of. there are times when i pick it up and it is physically warm and the battery will have lost 20-25% in an hour with no activity by me. apple has admitted that they essentially make their phones obsolete in a couple of years in order to force you to buy a new one with their operating updates.

As they say in France: Those BASS-TARDS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT