ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell happened to cornbread? (Not Maxwell)

You should try cornbread made with Brinsers roasted corn meal. My wife modifies the recipe to make it a little fluffier. More egg maybe?

I'm also a big fan of Cedric cornbread Maxwell. I have a 1984 Celtics photo autographed by him, Bird, McHale, Johnson and Robert Parrish

The best and highest use of corn meal is not cornbread, in any event. It is fried mush. I certainly prefer no jalapenos in my fried mush.

JALAPEÑO. CORN. GRITS. :eek:

This is on the menu at tonight’s restaurant. At least the fact that they ruined the (kiss my) grits is disclosed on the menu.

I just wasn’t made for these times. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
Bob, I whipped up a batch of mush tonight just because you brought it up. As I am frying it in butter tomorrow and drowning it in cold maple syrup, and washing it down with cold milk, I will think of you.

Last edited:
I’ve just made a point of being clear with my waiters / waitresses what is in.....and what is NOT in.....my food. Started a few years ago when anchovies and/or peppers started showing up in my caeser salads, lima beans started showing up in my minestrone soups and mushrooms started showing up in my beef stroganoff, chicken pot pies and lasagna.

And I’ve had those jalapeños show up in my cornbread on more than one occasion, too. No thank you!
You wouldn’t like my cooking. :)

Reactions: demlion
JALAPEÑO. CORN. GRITS. :eek:

This is on the menu at tonight’s restaurant. At least the fact that the ruined the (kiss my) grits is disclosed on the menu.

I just wasn’t made for these times. :(
I don’t think you would survive long living south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Reactions: demlion
Bob, I whipped up a batch of mush tonight just because you brought it up. As I am frying it in butter tomorrow and drowning it in cold maple syrup, and washing it down with cold milk, I will think of you.
Sounds delicious. This was a staple in our household growing up.

Love the Hawaiian pizza. New London pizza in Prospect Park makes a great Hawaiian.
Mrs. delcoLion thinks I’m nuts. :)
Pizza in Europe can get a little, um, interesting.

Had a mushroom pizza in Germany--with *wild* mushrooms. It was pretty good (I recalled it as my wife got the Hawaiian there). With Kostrizer Schwarzbier it was even better.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I’ve just made a point of being clear with my waiters / waitresses what is in.....and what is NOT in.....my food. Started a few years ago when anchovies and/or peppers started showing up in my caeser salads, lima beans started showing up in my minestrone soups and mushrooms started showing up in my beef stroganoff, chicken pot pies and lasagna.

And I’ve had those jalapeños show up in my cornbread on more than one occasion, too. No thank you!

Don’t know if it matters or if you already know, but anchovies are an ingredient in many Cesar dressing recipes.

So my wife and I go out to dinner last night, and the restaurant has “Iron Skillet Cornbread” as an appetizer. Sounds good. I love cornbread. We order it. They bring it out, and it has green stuff in it. Not mold, but peppers. What in Sam Hill are peppers doing in cornbread? I wasted no time sending it back.

I’ve also been in a few restaurants that bastardized cornbread with jalapeños. What is the matter with these people?

I hate our world.

:eek:
Come to north Myrtle and i will make you some fine cornbread.

My wife and I feel the same way. They put peppers in meatballs and meatloaf down here. Omg!!!

Eddie Murphy said what” this ain’t no McDonald’s” when his mom made a big green pepper burger.

I made a cheese omelet this morning and threw in a couple of jalapeño peppers. Just because.

There aren’t too many foods jalapeno doesn’t make better when added.

Pizza in Europe can get a little, um, interesting.

Had a mushroom pizza in Germany--with *wild* mushrooms. It was pretty good (I recalled it as my wife got the Hawaiian there). With Kostrizer Schwarzbier it was even better.

Pizza in Bosnia had a little dollop of sour cream in the middle of it.

ADVERTISEMENT