ADVERTISEMENT

What the heck happened with Nate Bruce?

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
The scholarship article mentions that he is not on campus and he isn't on the list of 85 guys on scholarship.

Read in article last week that he is "off" the team as of now, but there is a path for him to return.....do not know what that means, do not know what he did to now be "off" the team.

At least he’s notably two last names. I work with a guy named George George. Not sure what happens if I say his name backwards and if subliminal satanic messages will be heard.
His parents apparently wanted to punish him from the day he was born.

I know a guy named Franklin. Does that mean CJF hates himself?
MV5BMGQwY2YzM2ItNDgxOC00NWMwLTgyZmMtNGEzNDI1ZGQ0YzgwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk1MjAxNzQ@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

If you go to the Syrian/Antiochan Orthodox communities in Allentown, Wilkes-Barre, or Johnstown, you'll see that many last names will be George, Allan, Joseph, Moses, Samuel, and Thomas.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Impossible. Franklin never makes mistakes. Unless of course you count Maryland 2015, Pitt 2016, Michigan State 2017 and 2018, Minnesota 2019, Indiana 2020, Ohio State 2018....etc....

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Saw an article earlier today saying he is giving up football...wish him the best going forward.

Really good article MJG. Too bad Nate flew the coop. Sounds like a tremendous kid.

“Big Nate, he came in 30 pounds more and doesn’t quite have the same training background as Landon did, but I tell you one thing, Nate is a special athlete and a special kid,” Galt said. “He’s been phenomenal. This is all totally new to him. He never really trained like he has this last eight weeks. Talk about adapting quickly. He did a really good job and he is tremendously strong. He has a great natural strength, every day he comes in and does more than he did the last day.”

Listed at 6-foot-4, 351 pounds on the official roster, Bruce made it to the start of spring ball but left the team a short time later. He did not appear in either of the scrimmages that were open to the media in the spring.

One of the things I always tell my kids who want to play in college, no matter what the level is, is that they are now taking on two full-time jobs. 30+ hrs a week on academics and 30+ for their sport. For some kids, especially in a sport like football, they just aren't used to doing that to their body or able to juggle those responsibilities compared to hs. Hope he has a plan for what is next and best wishes to him on his path.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT