What sort of gun control would you support?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
M0h2yNg.jpg

junior1

May 29, 2001
I’d be okay with raising the age to 21 for semi automatic purchases. Don’t think enough would support higher that. I know there are parents out there with 18 year old kids that have taught respect when handling a gun but there are too many losers out there that learned about guns from Call of Duty.
There are 18 year olds sporting automatic weapons already…they’re in the army, marine corps etc

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
There are 18 year olds sporting automatic weapons already…they’re in the army, marine corps etc
I support raising the age to buy semis to 21, but also raising the age for all adult decisions to 21. If we do it for guns we do it for all adult decisions including voting. If we need ID for these adult decisions m, we need them for all like voting.
Or keep things as is and demand ID for voting, you need it for ciggies now, why not voting?

Ski

May 29, 2001

Yet almost no one, permitted or not, is allowed to conceal carry on a military base. Except for law enforcement they are effectively gun free zones. It irritates me to no end. We have active shooter drills where we are asked how we will respond. I tell them that on base; I will Run, Hide, Fight; but off base I will draw and plug the active shooter myself. No one at the Ft. Hood mass shooting in 2009 could defend themselves until 13 were dead and over 30 were injured.

DandyDonII

Oct 16, 2002
Question for those who have a ton of experience with guns, a question about key differences between semi auto handguns and the AR15. From distance, i would assume that the AR15 is easier to hit a target, am i correc in that? however, assuming both the AR 15 and and handgun both have the same magazine capacity, what are the advantages of an AR15 as opposed to the handgun, besides larger rounds being fired.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Question for those who have a ton of experience with guns, a question about key differences between semi auto handguns and the AR15. From distance, i would assume that the AR15 is easier to hit a target, am i correc in that? however, assuming both the AR 15 and and handgun both have the same magazine capacity, what are the advantages of an AR15 as opposed to the handgun, besides larger rounds being fired.
1. Hits harder along with greater range . I use one for home defense with a suppressor. So I have a short barreled AR that is actually more maneuverable around my house than my suppressed pistol .
I shoot with an isosceles stance with the pistol and it extends farther than my rifle . So weapon retention is better with the AR.
Not that I need to but the AR is a better choice for farther ranges . If over penetration isn’t an issue and your layout allows AR >>>> pistol . Now some guy will quibble about an AR pistol .
2. Modularity, I can literally fix my AR in most cases. They’re like erector sets. I csn change triggers , change barrel length, calibers etc. on my own .
3. Hits harder. The bullets are actually smaller , 52 gr to 75 gr but they go much faster so they hit harder. Again in most cases.
Some smart ass with get his 44 magnum and say it hits harder than a 9mm AR but when wecsay AR we usually mean the 5.56 x 45 / .223. Months
4. Accuracy is a biggie , you’d be surprised how a person can miss close range with a pistol . A shouldered AR at 3-20 feet is harder to miss with , we’ll sort of. Results may vary as they say.
As long as it fits your plan , it’s a much better choice .

Reactions: psuted and Hotshoe

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
The real beauty of the AR platform is simple. It fits, can be adjusted to shooter. It's incredibly reliable, it almost never fails. I can take mine, throw it in a pond, come back a week later, and it will shoot just fine. Little kick, so anyone can shoot it. It's drawback? It doesn't fit in a purse for a female.

Ski

May 29, 2001
The real beauty of the AR platform is simple. It fits, can be adjusted to shooter. It's incredibly reliable, it almost never fails. I can take mine, throw it in a pond, come back a week later, and it will shoot just fine. Little kick, so anyone can shoot it. It's drawback? It doesn't fit in a purse for a female.

I will bet this woman can find a way to carry one!

tIUguy2

May 25, 2016
I know most of the libs would prefer a complete ban on all weapons.

Beyond current laws on the books, I could be talked into requiring anyone under 21 that is currently legally allowed to purchase a gun, to require parental permission to purchase a gun. A lot of these school shootings are by "kids" under 21. Requiring parental sign-off would at least put one road block up for "pre-adult" purchases by immature individuals.

I would not accept limits on the types of guns any more than we currently have. I don't think that is the problem. The problem is keeping guns out of the hands of those with disturbed minds. And you can't rely on society as a whole to catch those individuals. They have to be caught by those close to them, their parents. And requiring parental approval for a 19 yr old to purchase a gun is an easy tool for a parent to be able to exercise.

And to be honest, a 19 yr old should have to take an approved of civics course, with a passing grade, in order to be issued a voter registration card. Too many idiotic immature idealists with no concept of reality voting.
A strap that I could wrap around my supporting arm.

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
When liberals agree to limits on abortion I'll agree to restrictions on guns.
Mirror France's abortion law and we'll go with age restrictions, waiting period, more in-depth background checks, required classes, etc. But until then I'm not agreeing to anything as they continue to try to broaden abortion rights then blame the Republicans that Roe will be overturned. It's comical so fight fire with fire.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
When liberals agree to limits on abortion I'll agree to restrictions on guns.
Mirror France's abortion law and we'll go with age restrictions, waiting period, more in-depth background checks, required classes, etc. But until then I'm not agreeing to anything as they continue to try to broaden abortion rights then blame the Republicans that Roe will be overturned. It's comical so fight fire with fire.
Raise the voting age to 21. Update a national voting data base with ID requirements also.

Reactions: psuted

Latest posts