What should we do now?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
  1. We should relax regulations that discourage fossil fuel production. Unfortunately there is zero chance of that happening.
  2. The Federal Government should suspend the gas tax. That's only 18 cents per gallon but it would help. I think it's 24 cents for deisel. That might happen but the hilarious thing is that it's counter to the infrastructure bill that was recently passed.
  3. The Fed should stop selling mortgages. New housing is about to come to a complete halt with mortgage rates already hitting 6.3%. I'd hate to encourage them to buy more mortgages but real estate is going to be hit disproportionately hard.
  4. This one is controversial but I'll throw it out there. I think NATO should meet with Russian leaders and tell them they need to open & protect shipping lanes in Ukraine. We've avoided direct involvement in the war but we'll be forced to get involved if they don't protect shipping. Ukraine is too important for things like wheat and fertilizer. We'll stay out of the fight but not if they stop those things.
  5. Vote democrats out of office this fall.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
  1. We should relax regulations that discourage fossil fuel production. Unfortunately there is zero chance of that happening.
  2. The Federal Government should suspend the gas tax. That's only 18 cents per gallon but it would help. I think it's 24 cents for deisel. That might happen but the hilarious thing is that it's counter to the infrastructure bill that was recently passed.
  3. The Fed should stop selling mortgages. New housing is about to come to a complete halt with mortgage rates already hitting 6.3%. I'd hate to encourage them to buy more mortgages but real estate is going to be hit disproportionately hard.
  4. This one is controversial but I'll throw it out there. I think NATO should meet with Russian leaders and tell them they need to open & protect shipping lanes in Ukraine. We've avoided direct involvement in the war but we'll be forced to get involved if they don't protect shipping. Ukraine is too important for things like wheat and fertilizer. We'll stay out of the fight but not if they stop those things.

The Fed should hike to 4%. Tomorrow.

Biden should fire Kamala then step down.

LdN

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Agree with much of this but #1 without a doubt is to remind Democrat voters daily what they have done.

You see, none of the rest that we should do will be done unless Democrat voters understand how they have hurt themselves, their families, their friends, others, their Country and have already driven tens of millions of Americans into poverty. Until Democrat voters get this through their fall for anything brains, nothing that should be done will be done. Democrat policies caused this and will continue until enough people get that and vote accordingly.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
6. Stop whining about gas prices and take personal responsibility for your financial life.