ADVERTISEMENT

What pranks did you, or your roommates pull off when you were a student at PSU?

Seranwrap over the toilet seat worked for us once, requires a guy to not put the seat up, otherwise it's pretty easily noticed. And if you're sharing a bathroom and not putting a seat up, you deserve that.

Took a guy's bedding off, swapped the mattress with the box spring and put all the bedding back on. Got lucky that he literally jumped into bed that night.

Cut a hole in the bottom of a box spring and put our house phone inside it, then would call it randomly thru the night.

Turned every single item in a roommates bedroom upside down.

Probably more, we never did anything too serious or very witty.

Lived in Mifflin and was friendly with a group of girls who all lived on the same floor in McElwain. Snuck in one night through an unlocked door, unscrewed all of the shower heads an put a cube of chicken bouillon in each of them. Girls came down to breakfast smelling like chicken.

And, re the conversation above, clever young men were constantly painting quotation marks around Mary Beaver Whites middle name. This was the official name for the White building that was across the street from McElwain.

79. Grisson vs Conn was 60's supreme Court decision that legalized contraception devices. It is also basis of RoevsWade

Well you were right eventually.

I told this to the witch doctor at a frat party. He played purple rain and everyone was sad. He went on the air asking about prince and this went on maybe a few weeks . This was pre internet days when this stuff could fester awhile and gain some traction.

I remember WMAJ discjockey, Todd Jeffries?, saying the Goodyear blimp was coming to State College. Everyone was looking for it. Schools had kids outside looking for it. I think it turned out to be an April Fools' prank.

Lived in Mifflin and was friendly with a group of girls who all lived on the same floor in McElwain. Snuck in one night through an unlocked door, unscrewed all of the shower heads an put a cube of chicken bouillon in each of them. Girls came down to breakfast smelling like chicken.
So let me get this straight. You had access to the women's shower room, sneaked in in the middle of the night, and all you could think of was to put bullion cubes in the shower heads???? o_O

I think I coulda come up with a better idea......;):D:):rolleyes:

6th floor! I was on an IM softball team and we were called the "Beaver Cleavers"!

Right. The 8th floor was the Mighty Mercer Muff Divers and we were the ZOO Chester on the 3rd floor. I won't detail all of the crap we did (including one that got me a f2f with the university disciplinarian, Dr. Donald Suit), but the best smoke ever was what the 8th floor did to us: At night in early '75 during a heavy snowstorm in the middle of the night, they filled in or buried every single toilet and shower stall in both of the bathrooms. At first when I woke up and saw it, I was pissed, but after a few seconds I was overtaken by awe at the creativity and enormity of the effort. It seemed that there had been an ongoing battle between those floors so after this incident I went into the belly of the beast and negotiated a treaty. Jim and Bruce B. are the only 2 of their guys who I an remember.

Beam Hall, 75-76. Flooded out the third floor, threw study lounge furniture out the windows, body surfing down greased hallways, shaving cream bombs under the doors of unsuspecting rooms, papered in the RA's room several times, would tap into the cable with lines running down the hallway on weekend evenings, would cut down small pines in lot next door for the holiday season. Nothing major and most of it was done in the winter.

I recall folks picking up the RA's car and putting it in the covered walkway between two dorms in East ca. 1977.

Not a PSU student but when in college some of the favorite ones-
- Vaseline on the toilet seat. Nothing like hearing your roommate curse you as he slides off the toilet seat.
- Baby powder in the sheets. You jump into bed and are engulfed by a white powdery cloud.
- One time we set all the clocks two hours early so our roommate who scheduled all late classes ended up leaving two hours early. Of course it kind of backfired when housekeeping came in, looked at the clocks and left for lunch at 10:00 AM
- My favorite was when we called a room down the hall and told one of our buddies that we had the pizza he ordered. He said he didn't order one and hung up. We called him back and told him that someone played a joke on him and ordered it in his name. We're just going to throw it out so if he wants it to come down into the lobby for a free pizza. He comes running into our room and yells"Hey guys, free pizza!"

We thought that would be the end of it, but he comes back 20 minutes later and says he talked to about 5 pizza delivery guys and no one had his pizza, so he calls the pizza place and complained to them for telling him he had a free pizza and never showing up.

"Things that happened in the PSU dorms in the 70s" for $200 Alex...

Junior year Calder Commons one roommate thought it would be funny to both shoot his BB rifle at the bedroom door every time me or my roommate tried to leave (happened multiple times) and then pour rubbing alcohol on the door and light it on fire in the middle of the night (only needed to happen once before we told him to find a new place to live), which thankfully didn't burn the entire apt building down.

I'm guessing Calder Commons wasn't around in the 70s...sorry guys

Lived in West Halls in 1966. The guy across the hall had a father who owned a construction company. The guy brought in dynamite. At 3am in the dead of winter he blew up a few of the statues in the center of West Halls. The administration had a fit. He was never found out.

Reactions: biacto
Black shoe polish on toilet seats and phone receivers.. Dry beans in exit signs after the bulb was turned out. Rags and newspapers in slop basin to flood floor. Cow crap rubbed on walls in other dorms.

Never lived in the dorms at UP. Junior year lived in Laurel Glen Apartments. My roomy came across a pound of weed. We broke it into ounce baggies and sold it to various individuals. When we were done breaking it up we had a whole tray of seeds. It was winter, I just threw them off of our balcony. Come May the guy downstairs calls me, "dude! We're living in Paradise!" I asked him what he was talking about and he said come downstairs. There were hundreds of pot plants all over. The grounds crew didn't mow that area until somebody called the cops. "No officer; I have no idea how this could have happened."

Senior year we moved to Briarwood. Best times there were the Briarwood Bash (we hosted a keg in the apartment). My room mate had a band that played live on lawn, The Zipguns. Lots of fighting, which I could have done without. We had Roman Candle battles balcony to balcony that were pretty crazy.

In the dorms in Altoona we had bottle rocket battles from one end of the hallway to the other.

Kids.

Not a prank, but did anyone else have match battles? Wooden matches - flick them off the box - they lit and we'd see how far they'd go down the hall.

Lived for two years in Pinchot, one of the towers in East. The door jambs were pretty deep and we'd often stack an entire door jamb full of empty cans and tape one of the bottom ones to the door while they were sleeping. Next day when they open the door, they were jolted awake by the sound of cans clattering all over the tile floor.

Tape newspaper over the door jamb and leave a few inches open at the top. Fill the doorjamb up with popcorn, Styrofoam peanuts, crumbled paper etc.

My favorite was more of a scheme than a prank. Parents weekend, Sophomore year, a music major and I came up with a way to make some extra cash. We bought a bunch of sodas, cups, ice and penny candy. Rolled one of the pianos from the study lounges into an elevator and a cooler full of ice. He played the the piano while I poured drinks and handed out candy to every parent, grand parent sibling that got on our elevator for most of Saturday & Sunday. We cleared almost $500 in tips after paying for the soda, candy, cups & ice.

Reactions: PSU77sh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT