ADVERTISEMENT

What PIAA Playoff game you attending?

jschrantz

Jan 20, 2004
Or Turkey Day Game?

Headed to see Southern Columbia vs Neuman Goretti at Lehighton Area High School. Expecting a good one

I sure hope Southern Columbia is the designated home team as N-G will bring no one. This N-G story is somewhat fascinsting. Last year they forfeited half their season because they didn't have enough players. Former Imhotep coach Albie Crosby takes over and they load up on transfers and are now one of the 2A favorite with some D1 prospects. Everything goes in the PIAA.

I'm heading up to Bethlehem Saturday for St Joe Prep and Parkland. Always enjoy going to Banko Field, great high school venue. See you at Roosevelt's Pub for the pre-game!

A couple video streams will carry games. Link for the D1 6A final between Coatesville and Garnet Valley Friday night.

http://www.garnetvalleyfootball.com/Gamecasts/Gamecast.htm

Saturday's 3A quarterfinal between Palisades and Conwell-Egan can be viewed here.

http://www.wbcb1490.com/tv/

I sure hope Southern Columbia is the designated home team as N-G will bring no one. This N-G story is somewhat fascinsting. Last year they forfeited half their season because they didn't have enough players. Former Imhotep coach Albie Crosby takes over and they load up on transfers and are now one of the 2A favorite with some D1 prospects. Everything goes in the PIAA.

I'm heading up to Bethlehem Saturday for St Joe Prep and Parkland. Always enjoy going to Banko Field, great high school venue. See you at Roosevelt's Pub for the pre-game!

A couple video streams will carry games. Link for the D1 6A final between Coatesville and Garnet Valley Friday night.

http://www.garnetvalleyfootball.com/Gamecasts/Gamecast.htm

Saturday's 3A quarterfinal between Palisades and Conwell-Egan can be viewed here.

http://www.wbcb1490.com/tv/

Interestingly enough, Imhotep will be playing at the same time just 7 miles away from Crosby in Slatington vs Valley View and still loaded with Mr. Isheem Young

Or Turkey Day Game?

Headed to see Southern Columbia vs Neuman Goretti at Lehighton Area High School. Expecting a good one
Pine Richland vs State College in my back yard at Hempfield hs. Anyone know if SC HS has a chance? PR has Notre Dame qb recruit.

I’ll be at Manheim Central and Gov Mifflin at Hershey tomorrow night...working

Berks Catholic/McDevitt for the District 3 4A crown.
Same here Husky. That should be a dandy. I don't know much about Berks but they dominated a pretty good East Pennsboro team last weekend. The unseasonably warm weather will help McD's passing game, which is very good. I am anxious to watch Berks and their RB recruit who is headed to Syracuse.

Same here Husky. That should be a dandy. I don't know much about Berks but they dominated a pretty good East Pennsboro team last weekend. The unseasonably warm weather will help McD's passing game, which is very good. I am anxious to watch Berks and their RB recruit who is headed to Syracuse.

Should be a beautiful day for football! Looking forward to taking my dad and 1.5 yr. old.

BC is legit. They don't play great teams in Berks County but did exactly what they should with them. The starting defense hasn't given up a TD this year. Lutz (the syr recruit) is a burner but the other rb/fb, George, might be better. He was at PSU for the Michigan game. Should be a good one!

Should be a beautiful day for football! Looking forward to taking my dad and 1.5 yr. old.

BC is legit. They don't play great teams in Berks County but did exactly what they should with them. The starting defense hasn't given up a TD this year. Lutz (the syr recruit) is a burner but the other rb/fb, George, might be better. He was at PSU for the Michigan game. Should be a good one!
Wow, no TDs allowed all year? That's amazing. Looking forward to it.

It was a beautiful day for a game, eh Ceasar? Not a bad game either!
That's for sure. Congrats on the win Husky. I am really impressed with Berks Catholic. The kid who is going to Syracuse is a big time player, wish he was coming to PSU. And the QB is a winner. I will be pulling for the Saints. Hope they bring home the gold. By the way, BC is also a very classy group.

Coatesville beats Garnet Valley on a pick 6 with a minute left with the game tied 28-28. Garnet Valley qb is awful and apparently doesn't throw passes (for a reason).

Reactions: Sproul
That's for sure. Congrats on the win Husky. I am really impressed with Berks Catholic. The kid who is going to Syracuse is a big time player, wish he was coming to PSU. And the QB is a winner. I will be pulling for the Saints. Hope they bring home the gold. By the way, BC is also a very classy group.
Cooper Lutz(200yds.today), his brother is Isaac, sophomore receiver at PSU. Hard to turn down a full ride to being a walk on at PSU.

Cooper Lutz(200yds.today), his brother is Isaac, sophomore receiver at PSU. Hard to turn down a full ride to being a walk on at PSU.
Tina, thanks for that information. Now that you mention it I should have recognized that name. I was super impressed with Cooper today. He almost glides when he runs with the ball. Not sure where he will play at Syracuse but I expect him to do very well.

Glad I decided against going up to Bethlehem. St Joe Prep beats Parkland 49-14. Wood is up 41-0 over Wyoming Valley West. In 3A 7-6 Egan leads undefeated Palisades 27-17. Good day for the PCL, bad day for the private school haters.

Also, his uncle was my best friend growing up and a hell of an athlete in his own right. His uncle is Jared Sadlowski who was probably the best Catcher to lace em up for PSU Baseball. Lutz comes from a PSU Family even though he's headed to Syracuse.

Last edited:
Here are the sites and times for the state semis:

1A
Steelton-Highspire Steamrollers (3) (11-2) vs Homer-Center Wildcats (6) (12-1) @Hollidaysburg H.S. Friday Dec 1 @7:00
Jeannette Jayhawks (7) (13-1) vs Farrell Steelers (10) (11-2) @Seneca Valley H.S. Friday Dec 1 @7:00

2A
Dunmore Bucks (2) (14-0) vs Southern Columbia Tigers (4) (14-0) @Danville H.S. Friday Dec 1 @7:00
Washington Prexies (7) (13-0) vs Wilmington Greyhounds (10) (13-0) @Slippery Rock Univ. Friday Dec 1 @7:00

3A
Middletown Blue Raiders (3) (13-0) vs Conwell-Egan Eagles (12) (7-6) @West Chester Rustin H.S. Saturday Dec 2 @1:00
Quaker Valley Quakers (7) (12-1) vs Sharon Tigers (10) (10-3) @North Hills H.S. Friday Dec 1 @7:00

4A
Bethlehem Catholic Hawks (11) (12-2) vs Imhotep Charter Panthers (12) (11-1) @Germantown Supersite, Friday Dec 1 @7:00
Berks Catholic Saints (3) (13-0) vs Erie Cathedral Prep Ramblers (10) (12-0) @Somerset H.S. Friday Dec 1 @7:00

5A
Unionville Indians (1) (13-1) vs Archbishop Wood Vikings (12) (10-2) @Northeast HS, Phila. Friday Dec 1 @7:00
Manheim Central Barons (3) (13-0) vs Gateway Gators (7) (13-1) @Altoona H.S. Friday Dec 1 @7:00

6A
Coatesville Red Raiders (1) (13-1) vs St. Josephs Prep Hawks (12) (12-0) @Downingtown West H.S. Friday Dec 1 @7:00
Manheim Township Blue Streaks (3) (12-1) vs Pine-Richland Rams (7) (14-0) @Altoona H.S. Saturday Dec 2 @1:00

Reactions: kevin310
Doesn't western PA have kids anymore? I thought of places like Jeannette and Sharon as being decent sized towns. Kind of surprising that they're competing in the smaller enrollment classes now.

I guess everybody moved to Lancaster and Chester counties.

Lots of Berks Catholic talk. Can they topple Erie Prep this year? Calpreps says Berks Catholic hasn’t played anyone and favors Erie Prep by 3 scores.....

Still shocked that Homer Center beat BG. I played in the Heritage conference (graduated 2005), and it is nice to see some of the local teams having success.

PSU recruit and Imhotep star Isheem Young will not play tonight against Bethlehem Catholic for personal reasons. Hope everything is OK.

PSU recruit and Imhotep star Isheem Young will not play tonight against Bethlehem Catholic for personal reasons. Hope everything is OK.
That jives with the chatter on the 2018 recruiting thread. Doesn’t sound good.

I know it's early, but Coatesville leads St Joe Prep in the 2nd qt 7-3

We can put St Joe Prep on upset alert, they trail Coatesville 14-3 and are getting outplayed.

Coatesville 28 SJP 18...3rd qt
Wood 42 Unionville 14....3rd qt
Imhotep 14 Beca 7....half

Prep cuts the lead to 28-25 and Coatesville answers right back with a 76 yd TD pass, now 35-25.

Prep comes back to lead 46-35. Same old every year. Prep, Wood and Imhotep will all be in Hershey yet again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT