ADVERTISEMENT

What Makes NCAA tournament enjoyable to (honestly) a non-basketball guy....

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
I like all sports, but will not be glued to the TV this weekend like many.
However, one thing I do enjoy about watching the tournament is the Samuel L Jackson, Charles Barkley and Spike Lee commercials for Capital One. Confession - I had to look up what company the commercial was promoting.
I also get a kick out of the All State mayhem commercials - although those are also part of the football season.

Just throwing that out there.

OL

When I graduated college, a guy in an interview asked me "what is 'smart'?" Its a good question. It has to do with raw talent, motivation, work ethic, luck...you don't have to be born with God given (ahem, MacDaddy, DNA given) talent. If you've got the motivation and a chip on your shoulder, opportunity will knock.

I pay zero attention to college basketball until March. I am not going to invest in the 64th best football team, or rowing team, or volleyball team. But in March, it is the opportunity for that little school with a chip on their shoulders, to go toe to toe with Kentucky, Sparty, UCLA or North Carolina and measure themselves without prejudice in that one shining moment. (OK, perhaps a ref or two gets in their way)

I am always reminded of Gene Hackman measuring the distance from the floor to the hoop in the movie "Hoosiers".

Reactions: OhioLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT